Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The High Road: The Jacobite Era [25-1: added list of regiments to first post]

Wayfaerer's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: The High Road: The Jacobite Era [03-08: New unit model. See post 116!]

The french community is called Mundus Bellicus. And as I said, I've written an article about your mod. If you understand french, maybe you'd like to read it :
    http://www.mundusbellicus.fr/forum/s...e-Jacobite-Era

dmcraanen's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: The High Road: The Jacobite Era [03-08: New unit model. See post 116!]

My French is terrible, but I got most of what it said cheers for that, looks good! As I said, I ll try to update the first post when I can. Bit busy at the moment I'm afraid. I must say though; all the jacobite models are done, and about 50% of the government models, so woo-hoo.

And for all of you who like funny things, I've been doing a little study of how Great Kilts work and how they drape and all that, and this is the result:

Very nice dmcraanen the great kilt pics give a good insight. I was wondering who will the generals and faction leaders be?

They'll be their respective clan chiefs I should think, at the time of the 1689 revolution. I haven't yet completed the family trees, as they prove to be rather difficult to compile due to a lack of written sources on clan chief's sons etc, but I ll get there. For the Scottish Government, the pope (aka the Lord Chancellor of Scotland) will be chosen from all of the peer's representatives (priests) in the House (college of cardinals). The Irish will likely use the teutonic system, where the strongest general is leader. Alternatively, I might use this for clan Donald as they are more important than Ireland. England will need the same type of system, but as far as I am aware there is a limit on the amount of factions that can use that type of leadership. I'll look into that. So as you can see, it's not all set yet. If you want to know the chief for a specific clan, I can see if that particular family tree has been compiled yet.

Also, stay tuned this week; I all of a sudden seem to have spare time (woot) so I ll be coding a little, finishing placing resources on the map (and adjusting certain regions so that all villages fit on it comfortably), and in addition I'll be updating the front page! It won't look too shiny as I am terrible with photoshop, but I ll do my best and it will contain a number of new things:

1. splash screen / loading screen / menu
    2. a number of government units / jacobite units
    3. new screenshots of the map including settlements and updated resources
    4. a preliminary description of the recruiting system, which The Border Reiver is working on.

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

I don't think there's a limit to who can use the teutonic system. In TATW at least 4 factions use it.
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

Ah good stuff, well then Ireland, Donald and England will use it

Will Rob Roy make an appearance? he was around during this time. Though his father was the chief during the '89 if I'm not mistaken.

Clan McGregor won't feature as a separate clan, but we aim to implement him as a spawning general during the '19! He'll probably not be assigned to any playable faction though, unless you can bribe him. You can of course also marry your daughters to him, and so make him part of your family! McGregor units will be recruitable in some regions though, so if you like the clan you can always try to take over those!
    Last edited by dmcraanen; January 21, 2013 at 05:49 PM.

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

This is fantastic! I can't wait to play this. Why haven't you requested your own hosted forum here? You'd get many more team members that way.

I'd like that, but I thought a prerequisite for that is advanced coding done? we're not really there yet, mostly everything around that haha.

edit: also, I want to ask you all a question: we currently have named PSF's, and castles. The castles show the historical seat of the clan at that time and the building tree focuses on things such as clearances, taxation, tenancy etc. Do you feel this adds to the game's immersion, or would you rather have me change those castles to PSF's as well and script it so that who-ever owns the PSF gains 200 pounds a turn from it? let me know
    Last edited by dmcraanen; January 22, 2013 at 06:47 AM.

Front page updated partially:

Factions and Regions:
    1. map_regions included
    2. new screenshots of the campaign map

Units:
    3. unit screenshots

Events:
    4. core recruitment and scripting explained

I'll try to update the entire front page later this week.

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Quote Originally Posted by dmcraanen View Post
    those castles to PSF's as well and script it so that who-ever owns the PSF gains 200 pounds a turn from it? let me know
    I don't think that's possible

Default Re: The High Road: The Jacobite Era [22-1: First Post updated! See post 232 for details]

Someone else told me it was....if it isn't, that makes it an easier choice though!

Wayfaerer's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: The High Road: The Jacobite Era [22-1: First Post updated! See post 232 for details]

Marvellous city campaign models.

Sorry for asking again but I forgot is Viscount Dundee going to be in it in some fashion?

No problems, feel free to ask questions. If you have lots, you can also PM your steam name and we can talk on steam. Viscount Dundee will certainly be in it, yep. He was a Graham though, and as Graham isn't featured as a playable faction, he will be a Stuart general.

The strat map town and castle models look really nice, as does the scale of the map

Thanks smoes, I figured the scale of the map had to be this large, as the highlands are fairly remote and it would just feel silly if you could scroll over them in a second. Also, I added one more unit to the front page: the Royal Scots Greys in their 1692 uniform!

I thought i had it sorted then i put them in the game and things were... a bit weird. It was like all of the faces of the model had been inverted i'm just going to start again and hopefully i'll be able to sort it out.