Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The High Road: The Jacobite Era [25-1: added list of regiments to first post]

Default Re: The High Road: The Jacobite Era [25-1: added list of regiments to first post]

Oh, I'm going to have to play Munro. Dread God! Great idea for a mod.

dmcraanen's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: The High Road: The Jacobite Era [25-1: added list of regiments to first post]

I would never have guessed from your name! Glad to hear, we're still chugging along nicely.

Righty! The new map_regions works so triple huzzah. I've also done all the research for the new castles and nobles so I ll be working on changing those for the moment. Afterwards I'll be doing the resources first and then some skinning or ancillaries!

Great news! Alison Helzer has kindly allowed me to use her music for this project and as such we now have ourselves a fitting soundtrack! Most of it is played with banjo, guitar and flute and includes traditional scottish music, as well as more classical pieces adapted to the instruments. Huzzah! Have a listen at some of the previews here:

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/alisonhelzer

Last edited by dmcraanen; February 25, 2013 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dmcraanen View Post
    Great news! Alison Helzer has kindly allowed me to use her music for this project and as such we now have ourselves a fitting soundtrack! Most of it is played with banjo, guitar and flute and includes traditional scottish music, as well as more classical pieces adapted to the instruments. Huzzah! Have a listen at some of the previews here:

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/alisonhelzer

Beautiful music! This is a boon indeed! I listened to each and everyone of her samples.

And since I now know you like good tunes, I'll leave you with this link to follow: Mr. Mark O'Connor.

Very nice too, though I'm afraid he wouldn't give permission! I'm just talking to her now and she might have a few songs with fiddle on them, too. That would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by dmcraanen View Post
    Very nice too, though I'm afraid he wouldn't give permission! I'm just talking to her now and she might have a few songs with fiddle on them, too. That would be good.
    Please convey to her my appreciation for her skill. She's yet another Folk/Bluegrass prodigy the West Coast keeps producing for us (along with Sierra Hull and Chris Thile). So young and so talented!

Will do!

Just had a listen to the sample. Goda admit i do love hearing a girl singing in Gaelic. Are you looking for any more? I know a few previous National MOD winners.

If they are willing to provide their music for the mod for free, then I'd of course be happy to hear about that!

Lord the regions look nice. And more great music? I'm almost not surprised, it seems that the musical talent being made available to this mod just keeps on coming

I'm looking forward to seeing how everything unfolds! I'll be checking in, and I'll let you know when I get some time to contribute

Thanks sander! And as a little treat I give you the final distribution of the clans for the first version. I said I'd add a number of more clans now that I have more regions, but im adding less than initially intended simply because I am completely out of factions (with the exception of the kingdoms ones, but I have enough to work on as it is). As such, the ones that are added are now:

Clan Stewart
    Chattan Confederation
    House of Hamilton
    Clan Hay

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Pesky question I know. But the anticipation is killing me. Could you please give us an educated guess on when the mod will be released?

I'm sorry but there really isn't any guesses to make because 1. they won't be even remotely accurate and 2. I have very little time to work on it currently and I really need some more help, which I don't have, so currently I don't see the end myself It ll be done when it's done, but remember that it's only a year (minus one day) now, and we're already fairly far in my opinion. I'm sure we ll manage alright eventually.

Hi DMCraanen, have you heard anything of 'The Border Reiver' lately ? Because in KOTI he replied that he was glad having found some time to mod again and then suddenly vanished/no sign at all: strange....
    I'm asking because I think he has some involvements in your mod too(?)
    Grtz...!

If only I knew! I was wondering the same thing, but then again - he has disappeared before and popped up later.... I do not know, and it also means that our coding is on halt for a bit. Hope he's alright though.
    Daniel

I just wanted to introduce you all to the Highland general (who needs a reskin), because I love him so much

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quinlan's Avatar Laetus

The units look great so far, looking forward to seeing them in game. Great job on getting the music so far as well, sounds perfectly moody!

Hi DMC, I'm sorry, I don't want to offend you and I don't know exactly why, but imo the guy looks more like a pirate to me ?

What guy? You mean the officer? Might be because he's got a pirate skin the now have a look at this Jacobite Officer and imagine a reskin