Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: The High Road: The Jacobite Era [25-1: added list of regiments to first post]

Default Re: The High Road: The Jacobite Era [25-1: added list of regiments to first post]

I guess because your general's coat looks like a navy jacket reaching down to the knees ? The 2 guys in the picture above have a kilt till above the knees and a coat almost down to the ankles.

dmcraanen's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: The High Road: The Jacobite Era [25-1: added list of regiments to first post]

Coat yes, kilt no. The officer wears trews No worry it will look great in the end

Just a bit of an update: as I am terribly busy with the final three weeks of my Bachelor's degree, progress is currently almost zero. All unit models are done and await skinning, Quinlan is still working on 2D art.

If anyone would be willing to throw in his skills as a skinner or coder, I would be much, much obliged. Let me know via PM.

Hi DMC !
    I just returned from my 2 weeks holidays in The Highlands and made some pictures of Clan-info as shown inside the visited castles.
    I have been in Inveraray Castle (Campbell), Eilean Donan Castle Dornie (McCrae/McKenzie), Kilchurn Castle Dalmally (MacGregor/Campbell), Dunstaffnage Castle (MacDougal/Campbell), Dunvegan Castle (McCleod),
    Armadale Castle at the Clan Donald Centre (MacDonald), Castle Stalker Port Appin in Loch Laich (MacDougal/Stewarts/Campbell), Urquhart Castle (Comyn/Grant/MacDonald), Blair Castle Pitlochry (Murray/Atholl), the Cameron Museum in Achnacarry and Culloden.
    If you still need some info I can post it up here ! e.g. exact numbers of clan-warriors in both battle-lines and The Governmental Forces, etc...
    Cheers and success with your exams !

Sounds like a blast - must've been some serious holiday! Sounds great. I've actually not been to Achnacarry nor Dunvegan myself. I'm nearly finished with my dissertation on Scottish Nationalism (21.000 words now, weee...) and then I ll be moving to Groningen from Utrecht for university, so I ll probably have some time again in about two weeks!

So, still busy moving..?..........or ? (almost finished the mod by now
    Cheers !

I'm currently lacking both time and manpower. Intending to pick it up sometime after the holidays again, when people are back

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

how work going over here ? .....regards G

Pretty awful I'm afraid to say. I don't have time and the team is rather non-existent now. If anyone is interested, I can upload everything that has been finished so far and someone else can finish it. unique 3D models are all done and so is the map (except for naming the PSFs) and I have a ton of tables with information on forts, regiments and the likes.

aw man thats hard news, if you upload all the stuff and give me a link i can keep in storage what you have done {like a back up} and who knows in the future it might come back round again. regards , grant

thanks dmcraanen .....the flame of this mod now lives on , if anybody wishes to get involved in resurrecting this mod in the future they can pm me ,
    i will one day get this mod to the light of day.................Alba gu brath

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Dmcraanen, this is the story of my mod. There is a spark and a flame, but real life is just too hectic and busy.

Granto, this is good to hear that you will keep this filed away, as will I, and who knows should I ever get the desire to resurrect mine, we can chat about this one too.

Good job & Success, Granto !

Default Re: The High Road: The Jacobite Era

I have to confess I think that this mod will be excellent!
    As a lover of both Medieval Total War and Scottish History I fully support this mod!
    Good job so far and good luck!

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

I know this is dead and buried but god damn this was a cool concept!

Drunk me should really get off the TWC before he steps on someones toes... urgh!

Quote Originally Posted by dmcraanen View Post
    Pretty awful I'm afraid to say. I don't have time and the team is rather non-existent now. If anyone is interested, I can upload everything that has been finished so far and someone else can finish it. unique 3D models are all done and so is the map (except for naming the PSFs) and I have a ton of tables with information on forts, regiments and the likes.
    Hello there, me and my friend are looking to make a Jacobite Mod and would be very grateful if you could allow us to use your files as a basis. It has been a long time we know, but if you can get back to us, please do. Could you upload the files onto the thread please, if not send it to Nozza2002@outlook.com via WeTransfer. Thank you, much appreciated!

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Blind Druid View Post
    Hello there, me and my friend are looking to make a Jacobite Mod and would be very grateful if you could allow us to use your files as a basis. It has been a long time we know, but if you can get back to us, please do. Could you upload the files onto the thread please, if not send it to Nozza2002@outlook.com via WeTransfer. Thank you, much appreciated!
    Don't think that will happen bud, The Blind Druid and dmcraanen haven't been active on the TWC since 2015...