Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: IMPORTANT - Read before running WoT today!

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Default IMPORTANT - Read before running WoT today!

There is a new patch released today 0.7.1.1.

Before you apply this patch take a copy of your res folder.

The reason is that all mods will be wiped out by this patch.

It's fairly easy to re-apply the mods if you have them backed up.

In the new folder structure there is a 'red_mods' folder. After you've applied the patch there will be a '0.7.11' folder in there.

You use that folder to put the files that are changed.

So, for instance with a skin for the Pz Kpfw 38H 735(5) it will be in \res_mods\0.7.1.1\vehicles\german\G33_H39_captured.

Only the files that have been changed need to be in there.

Also, if the game is running when you set up these files you will need to restart the game (previously you could change skins while the game was running - the most you would need to do was to look at a different vehicle and then go back to the one you changed).

I've put the OTM files into \res_mods\0.7.1.1\gui\flash and OTM works fine.

The one advantage of the new structure is if someone want all my mods the file to supply will be just the \res_mods\0.7.1.1\ folder (and it's sub folders).

I'm slowly going through and copying all my skins across to the new structure....

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Citizen

Default Re: IMPORTANT - Read before running WoT today!

Also - have a read of this thread on the WoT forum: here.

I'd followed the way to create my COH voices but lost audio. After reading the above thread you need to copy the whole audio folder across and then re-apply changes. Even if you only have the audio folder (with no files) in the res_mods folder you lose sound.....

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

Caelifer_1991's Avatar Pili Prior

Also make sure that your install is entirely vanilla before applying the patch, or the install will itself up as it did with me and you'll need to reinstall the entire game.

Citizen

I didn't need to do that - I just ran the launcher and it installed OK.

I had OTM, skins, sound mods, icon mods in it before. They were all (?) remove by the install process but I was able to launch the game and fight a battle without any problems. I've gone back and added skins and then OTM and then the icon mod etc....

Tankfriend's Avatar Equites Alares

Didn't they make these changes with 0.7.1b, already? Seriously... they're dragging 0.7.2 out a lot.

Citizen

No - there should not be any changes to the vehicles in-game. It's simply a change to the folder structure.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Dομέστικοc

The 3d models and their original files are on WoT server now.
    Res folder of the game is empty.
    Thank Brus for your warning.
    Now i have the skins of T-34, T-44 ,Panther ,Panther II ,Tiger and the skins of Type 59 plus the entire file of my changed T-54.
    But inorder T-54 to look/use Type's parts i have to place tYpe's folder in the res_mod folder.
    What is tha name of the folder for type 59?
    Chinese of china?
    The other folders i have are russian and german.
    Watch the TGC's features revealing videos here.
    There are times in which a nation must, if it wants to stay great, be capable to fight .Even with no hope of victory. Only because it has the "duty" to fight!.

Citizen

I didn't actually take a copy of the files beforehand - but I have a NA server install where I've installed the same mods (I hope) as the EU one.

The nationality folder is called 'chinese' for me and the Type 59 folder itself is called 'Ch01_Type59'.

I only have the Type59.dds file in it - no need for any others unless you've changed those as well.

The names are exactly the same as the main one - res\vehicles\chinese\ etc.....
    Last edited by Brusilov; March 13, 2012 at 01:39 PM.

Nosjack's Avatar Equites Alares

At this point I'm just going to re-install everything, much easier than keeping track of all the mods I'm using and where they are.

The problem is that now there are no original files in the res folder
    is hard to remember the exact name of each tank subfolder.
    I only copied the folders of the tanks i remembered but not i lost tank folder names to add cammo files with tanks i did not copy.
    I think that in the 0.7.2 or later WoT will change the folders names of all tanks
    to "force" players abandon free to use skins and buy their own!
    There are times in which a nation must, if it wants to stay great, be capable to fight .Even with no hope of victory. Only because it has the "duty" to fight!.

Citizen

There is no need to remember the names of each tank sub-folder as there are in the main \res\vehicles folder structure.

I had user created camouflage skins for all in-game vehicles.

I've retained all my downloaded skins in a backup folder - so I can go an re-apply the user skins without having to find or download them again.

Personally, I think the new folder structure may be a big improvement. Each time there was a patch that included some model changes I had to re-apply the user skins - I had to work out in-game which ones were changed (also from the contents of my garage). I guess many of the vehicles that had changed were in the readme. With the new folder structure I think I will no longer have to do that.

If Wargaming.Net change the folder names of some vehicles (which I doubt) then all you need to do is change the folder name in the res_mods folder.

Ketnix's Avatar Senshi

Ahh crap I've got a reticle mod that I forgot about when I patched the game. Lets hope its not all ed.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Ketnix View Post
    Ahh crap I've got a reticle mod that I forgot about when I patched the game. Lets hope its not all ed.
    You will need to re-apply the mod in order for it to work.

I presume it's called 'crosshair_panel_sniper.swf' - you just need to copy the downloaded version to "\res_mods\0.7.1.1\gui\flash" so it will override the one in "res\gui\flash"....

Remember also that if you make this change while the game is running you won't see that it's working until you restart the game. Prior to 0.7.1.1 you could do this and the change would be immediate (next battle).

Ketnix's Avatar Senshi

Meh. Couldn't find my backup of my reticle mod so im just going to use my old mechwarrior ret mod for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    There is no need to remember the names of each tank sub-folder as there are in the main \res\vehicles folder structure.

I had user created camouflage skins for all in-game vehicles.

I've retained all my downloaded skins in a backup folder - so I can go an re-apply the user skins without having to find or download them again.

Personally, I think the new folder structure may be a big improvement. Each time there was a patch that included some model changes I had to re-apply the user skins - I had to work out in-game which ones were changed (also from the contents of my garage). I guess many of the vehicles that had changed were in the readme. With the new folder structure I think I will no longer have to do that.

If Wargaming.Net change the folder names of some vehicles (which I doubt) then all you need to do is change the folder name in the res_mods folder.
    What are you saying is that no folder name such 'Ch01_Type59' is required?
    Only the textures inside a "chinese" folder?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    What are you saying is that no folder name such 'Ch01_Type59' is required?
    Only the textures inside a "chinese" folder?
    No, you need a "\res_mods\0.7.1.1\vehicles\chinese\Ch01_Type59" folder. The only files that need to be in there are the ones that you've changed. If there are no files in the folder I'm fairly sure that WoT skin is used.

All I was pointing out that the name of the vehicle folder is still in "res\vehicles\chinese\Ch01_Type59"....

It's a bit different with the audio files. If you just have an ""\res_mods\0.7.1.1\audio" folder with just the files you've changed then it's only those files that have been changed that will be heard in-game! So, if you make any audio changes (I was playing with some different tank sounds) you need to copy all the audio files into the res_mods folder and then make changes.

Citizen

The following is a copy of my res_mods folder (600Mb +): here

It contains the following mods:

1) OTM
    2) COH voice mod (contains swearing)
    3) GREPA Icon Mod (shows armour etc in the list
    4) Skins for all in-game vehicles
    5) Sniper Recticle

I was uploading my res_mods without the audio folder (400Mb) but for some reason my internet appears to have failed when it was almost finished uploading..

Edited: Try this one: here
    Last edited by Brusilov; March 15, 2012 at 03:57 AM.

Thank Brusi i need only the names of the tank folders to aply more skins.
    In my tests after saving Type 59 and T-54 folders ,T-54 looks exactly as i modified it.
    Lets hope that things will be better for T-54 in a future patch to re-buy it.

sander454's Avatar Hastatus

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    The following is a copy of my res_mods folder (600Mb +): here

It contains the following mods:

1) OTM
    2) COH voice mod (contains swearing)
    3) GREPA Icon Mod (shows armour etc in the list
    4) Skins for all in-game vehicles
    5) Sniper Recticle

I was uploading my res_mods without the audio folder (400Mb) but for some reason my internet appears to have failed when it was almost finished uploading..

Edited: Try this one: here
    Brusi - you're truly great
    Thank you very much

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by sander454 View Post
    Brusi - you're truly great
    Thank you very much
    No problems.

The new structure makes it easier to just supply the modded parts.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information