Thread: NTW3 v2 Campaign game

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Default NTW3 v2 Campaign game

The Campaign game that is included with the NTW3 v2 release, while very playable is still being worked on and will be patched in the future. the known bugs were listed in a prior post: NTW3 v2 Campaign game update for players to help with your game play until the patch is released:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=528723

Please post any additional problems or comments that you have on this thread, or contact Lord Sean Cappone if you would like to help.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; April 02, 2012 at 08:21 PM. Reason: update notes & links for players

Default Re: NTW3 v2 Campaign game

can use this mod the AI of darthmod with his permission in a next version of napoleonic III?

what realistic difficulty without bonuses for AI in stats units and money is recommeded?

when released the pacth for correct these bugs?

thanks.

88HaZZarD88's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Anibal at portas View Post
    can use this mod the AI of darthmod with his permission in a next version of napoleonic III?

what realistic difficulty without bonuses for AI in stats units and money is recommeded?

when released the pacth for correct these bugs?

thanks.

i vote for a merge between Darth and Lordz if possible

Semisalis

I think Darth's AI depends on stat and other non-AI changes and can't be unpackaged from the rest of his mod
    Last edited by Col.KanKrusha; March 12, 2012 at 06:40 PM.
    ~ Too soon old, too late smart ~

It is a truly impressive mod.
    ++rep
    I might ask however why the UK starts with 12500. That does make it possible to capture batavia, grab all the trade nodes(in the Atlantic except Portugal's), destroy the Fr. and SP. fleets (in the Atlantic) and secure all ports, raid all enemy ports (Atlantic and channel), secure the strait of gibraltar and gibraltar itself within months. Nonetheless, it is is a truly great accomplishment.(Granted one can use 'house rules to prevent UK from getting up near 19000 with trade and tech deals.)

I also very much enjoy the battles, particularly the practice battles. Do wish for more smoke though.

A great effort!
    thanks
    Last edited by trk; March 14, 2012 at 11:13 PM. Reason: edit

hello gents, here we are, I'm back from my little vacation time and I'm starting modding back NTW3 campaign. Next steps are to fix the AI armies recruitment system and icons. I keep also looking for a fix for the ''trianlge of crash'', the 3 towns that clicked the first turn make the game crash. After this I hope everyone will enjoy this mod.

PS

I still be alone modding the sp, and I remember most of you that a year ago the campaign was not compatible with ntw3 and if you was trying to launch you had crashes. After that a lot of job have been done and now, after the basic game fixes and adaptations with mp mod system, now we start improving campaigns. Let's see what I will be able to do, and remember that my job is possible only because I have a great testers team that tries patiently all my modifications. Thanks them before the undersigned

Quote Originally Posted by ironbmike View Post
    I'm trying this with a friend, we both have same exact game versions, running on low game settings. We can play MP battles just fine. We're trying a campaign and running it out of "Campaign" mode instead of MP mode, because in MP mode we can't recruit units in the MP campaign.

Ok so we start the campaign, playing as North Italy and Papal States. Everything is fine. But when we enter a battle it crashes, the first time it desynced, second time I entered and was waiting, and he entered and was waiting and we couldn't even hit Menu or escape so we alt tabbed and ended it. Third time mine loaded and was waiting and his crashed while loading into battle.

Is there some obvious thing we're missing here? Or just a bug? I was host and entering battle as reinforcements. Graphics on low, unit size on low. LAN connection. We can do the turnbased part just fine with no issues.
    I also had problems with the LAN connection when playing MP Campaign game Battles a while back. We had better results linking up over the internet (thru Steam) with one of us hosting a campaign game. Both players need a GOOD internet connection as the campaign game is more demanding perhaps due to the very large campaign map.

Maybe already noted but in my game (campaign with Spain), soldiers are mute in battle and most of the mod's units lack their icon and description image, instead, they have a 'placeholder' from Empire.

Appart from the bugs and things that need to be patched, the mod is amazing and I love it. Keep on guys, you're doing a superb work!

Edit: BTW, do you have any ETA for the next patch? No pressure at all, just curious
    Last edited by Bucle_CT; March 29, 2012 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucle_CT View Post
    Maybe already noted but in my game (campaign with Spain), soldiers are mute in battle and most of the mod's units lack their icon and description image, instead, they have a 'placeholder' from Empire. BTW, do you have any ETA for the next patch? No pressure at all, just curious
    As noted in the post at the beginning of this thread, the known problems & suggestions were included in a separate thread on this forum NTW3 v2 Campaign game update for players. Thanks for the input and compliments, we are currently working on the ETW issue and other game play problems and hope to resolve these and other issues in the near future
    Last edited by Lord Davn; March 31, 2012 at 07:44 PM.

I look forward to it sir.

ElementUK's Avatar Miles

TRK "Do wish for more smoke though". More smoke is achieved going 'High' Particle effects to 'Ultra' particle effects. Volumetric Effects for weather fog etc.
    "Nuke the Site from orbit - Only way to be sure"!