Thread: Ceramic factory

Lordsith's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Ceramic factory

I made a little mod witch adds additional type of town :
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Extract to the Empire's data and write down "mod pottery.pack;" in user script
    Mod is compatible with other mods
    Last edited by Lordsith; March 12, 2012 at 05:47 AM.

Icon14 Re: Ceramic factory

Good idea and shows what also can be done to make Empire more historical.
    I rep+ this!

Laetus

Default Re: Ceramic factory

Nice little mod. +rep

Libertus

Nice, I thinks that there is to few buildings in ETW but this is very good.

Herr Doctor's Avatar Biarchus

Very nice addition. May be several more similar industrial and agricultural buildings?

Lordsith's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Herr Doctor

Thanks,For instance?

Congratulations! I'm amazed there aren't many replies, it's a very interesting add to the game. That's awesome and would be even more if you could add more buildings (depending of the city/place)? By the way, since it's possible to add slots for the big cities, is it possible for the small cities or harbors? (for exemple, we could have an harbor with a civil port an a naval company)

Thanks,For instance?
    Well, if I take the French exemple, you could have the following 17th/18th centuries industries: "manufacture d'armes" (weapons manufacturing company), "poudrerie" (powder mill), "fabrique de soie" (silk factory), "manufacture de dentelles" (lace manufacturing company), "manufacture de porcelaine" (porcelain manufacturing factory, which you already did), "grenier à sel/condition des soies/marché..." (salt market, silk market, market...), "compagnie maritime" (naval company, like in Shogun2) etc.
    And for the agricultural buildings: "magnanerie" (sericulture farm for silk), "marais salants" (salt pans, we shouldn't forget salt was called back then the "white gold"), "oliveraie" (olive orchad), "minoteries" (gristmills) etc.

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

I doubt we can add new resources.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

He can add new slots (?) or change the current one with something new. It seems it can be either for farms or industries? But in the end, we still gonna have only one choice. It would be amazing if it was possible to build several buildings/ressources for the same city/farm... Would it be possible to do this, like adding new slots for the big cities? I guess not with CA engine T_T

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

It is possible to add slots to cities (region capitals) but not to towns and ports.
    Problem is that cities with more than 5 slots are too bigs and look weirds.
    Moreover, as 2 and 3 slots cities models didn't exist you will have to create them.

Other problem is that I don't know if it is possible to create new slot types.
    Game use 5 types : army, ordnance, naval, government and culture slots.
    So, I don't know if it is possible to create an "industrial" slot.

What is impossible is to have 2 buildings on the same slot.
    We will have necessary to choose one of them.

An other problem is that resources seem to be hardcoded because nobody was able to add new resources.
    It would have been great to add "slaves" (even if not "politically correct" it was a reality) or gunpowder (produce by gunpowder mill for instance).
    And, going further, it's a shame that CA didn't add a supply mechanism (depots (food, gunpowder/ammunitions, horse/men), supply line/local purchase/foraging, etc).

[...]

In the late 17th and early 18th centuries, forces devised more calculated ways to get what they needed from their immediate area, and pillaging and plundering became less common. One method involved paying troops more money so they could find food and fodder for themselves. Problems occurred when pay was insufficient or late or when the food supply in the area was insufficient for the number of soldiers. When that happened, soldiers again resorted to pillaging or extortion. Towns that did not produce the supplies the soldiers needed or pay them money ran the risk of being sacked and burned.

The most advanced method of obtaining supplies was the "étapes" (French for steps or stages) system, in which forces would stop at local markets at set intervals along their route and buy what they needed. This system freed soldiers from having to carry large quantities of supplies and eliminated the need for them to forage for supplies or to extort money from the local townspeople.

The French Army of Napoleon Bonaparte typified the concept of supplying from within during the late 18th and early 19th centuries. As long as Napoleon's army was moving fast, soldiers could use local resources without having to worry about resupply. However, if his army stopped, their supplies soon would be exhausted and the army would have to move to survive.

[...]

Military Logistics Continues to Repeat Itself
    But, this is an other problem...

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

Sogdog's Avatar Centenarius

Some more options like they have in NTW. Trade Fairs that become banks. Artillery vs Small Arms Factories. Prisons, Courts, Companies etc?

titanvoyager's Avatar Biarchus

Can you give a trait to a building that affects infantry, cavalry or artillery?
    "...to boldly go where no man has gone before."

How to download? I do not see any links...

Holly , Lordsith has come a long way

Um... this looks really good but where is the download link?