Thread: Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) for TATW 3.2

Amaranth's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) for TATW 3.2

Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) for TATW 3.2

This is the TATW version of my Next Heir Ancillary mod for Stainless Steel. I am using this for my own campaign in vanilla TATW 3.2 and I thought there might be others who are interested in such feature, so I'm sharing it here. I did some testing, and it works as it should be. I'll include some screenshots at the end of this post.

NHA gives an ancillary to the Faction Heir which can be transferred to any desired family member to designate them as the next Faction Heir of your kingdom. For more information on how it works you can visit the OP of the mod in SS forum (see my signature). In short the ancillary provides a boost to your general's Authority, which significantly increases their chance to become the next faction heir, following the death of the Faction Leader. There some limitations however, for example this mod does not allow you to change your current Faction Heir, you can only select the next one and your current Faction Heir must successfully claim the throne after the Faction Leader's death, if the current heir dies before the Faction Leader the game might select someone else in the family tree as your new heir, detailed discussions about these limitations and other issues can be found here, including basic tutorials on transferring ancillaries and adding the mod manually. For any questions feel free to ask here, or send me a PM.

Anyway, enjoy.

About the compability: It should work just fine with any other mod/submod that does not change ancillary text files but even then the mod can be added to those files manually, follow the link above for the instructions. This mod is not save game compatible.

Screenshots:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This is the family tree of High Elves. Elrond is Faction Leader, Elladan is Faction Heir, Elrohir is 2nd son and there's Haerion as 3rd son, a general adopted through marriage.

Now in my first test I let Elladan keep the Heir Crown (NHA) and send Elrond to a suicide mission. The new king is Elladan and as you can see Elrohir is automaticly becomes the new Faction Heir after Elrond's death.

I reload and this time transfer the Heir Crown from Elladan to Haerion (if done sucessfully you will receive an information scroll on the bottom left corner of your screen). Let's see what happens when Elrond dies in the battle.

Elladan becomes the new Faction Leader and Haerion who possess the Heir Crown becomes the new Faction Heir of the High Elves.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Amaranth; August 30, 2014 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Update
    Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) Sub-Mod for Stainless Steel & Third Age Total War

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) for TATW 3.1

Very useful. Thank you very much
    + rep

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Might I be the second to say, thanks for sharing!

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Great work
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Default Re: Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) for TATW 3.2

is this compatible with mos mod because the crown appears but i cant give it too any one please help

There is a comparable system in Mos, though its not called the heir crown. Its a special ancillary unique to each faction.

Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex

I created it for MOS myself. Each faction heir had the item on him from gamestart. An item representing the faction