Thread: Help wanted for Wheel of time mod

hochmeister devin's Avatar Senator

Default Help wanted for Wheel of time mod

Wheel of Time

This mod is for medieval 2 total war, kingdoms, and its goal is to set it before the wheel of time series starts (46 years for those whove read it).

The positions that need to be filed are:
    Animator,
    Custom modeler (person unique models, like orcs from TATW)
    Custom settlement designer, (for this position it would help so much if you've read the books

This mod has just started.

Notes: This is going to be a big project and it will take a long time, also if you have not read the wheel of time series, you may have no idea whats going on in the mod or what we are talking about when were discussing units, locations ect.
    Last edited by hochmeister devin; April 29, 2012 at 09:48 PM.
    My mods
    -Mod Leader for the Wheel Of Time This is not the beginning, but it is a beginning
    -Mod Leader for Shogun 2: Foreign Invasion if you want a mod with alot of units this is for you, not only is there the 40 units CA made theres planned to be atleast 177 NEW units when its done.
    -Modder in the World War I and Shogun II project. The only full scale mod for FOTS and it plays nothing like FOTS. FOTS may have Gatling guns, WW1&S2 has tekidanto samurai, SNLF, MGs, kisho snipers, assault infantry(shotguns) just to name a few.

Default Re: Help wanted for Wheel of time mod

Hi, if you still require a unit-coder, then I'd be happy to help you.
    I haven't read the wheel of time series, but as long as I know what the strengths and weaknesses of units are and which ones are stronger than others, I can balance the units... (I have a special schematic I use for balancing, which is pretty easy to fill for people who don't do unit coding).
    Also, if you need it, I can do other coding stuff as well (e.g. campaign, battle, sounds, etc.)

LegionaryCohort

Unfortunatly for you, we got a unit coder, but if you could elaberate on some of the other things you can do you may be able to join the team.
    My mods
    -Mod Leader for the Wheel Of Time This is not the beginning, but it is a beginning
    -Mod Leader for Shogun 2: Foreign Invasion if you want a mod with alot of units this is for you, not only is there the 40 units CA made theres planned to be atleast 177 NEW units when its done.
    -Modder in the World War I and Shogun II project. The only full scale mod for FOTS and it plays nothing like FOTS. FOTS may have Gatling guns, WW1&S2 has tekidanto samurai, SNLF, MGs, kisho snipers, assault infantry(shotguns) just to name a few.

I can do pretty much anything when it comes to coding:
    sounds/music
    buildings
    campaigns
    historical battles
    in-game text (e.g. unit descriptions)
    etc. etc.

I've never done scripting before, but I could give tht a try...
    Basically I do the modding work that most modders find boring...

LegionaryCohort

What do you mean by campaigns? Could you extrapolate on that?
    We could use a historical battle maker, though you wont do much for awhile since, we need to finnish and balance the units before historical battles can be made. We have someone doing ingame text.
    Buildings hmmm, dpending on the workload I get you may be able to do that.
    sounds/music would be nice, though I cant possible think of specific things that would fit the mod, and you havent read the book, so it would be hard for you too.
    My mods

By campaign coding I mean things like mercenary pools, starting positions/armies and the likes...

The units don't really need to be balanced for historical battles, I would just need to know what the units will be like. The battle defining files only use the unit references (like the building and campaign files). The most important info for historical battles is what's in the book(s) (if there are more than one).

I'm currently on vacation anyways, so I won't be able to do anything right now. I can properly start doing stuff next weekend, probably not before Sunday...

LegionaryCohort

I'll think about it, though heres a big one for you, can you make family trees, cause i suck at that.
    My mods

Well, I've never made any big ones, but I know how they work, so I could give it a try. Can't hurt to gain some experience, can it?

LegionaryCohort

Im pretty sure you have a spot but, im just going to think about it and see if what you offer is warented for letting you in. Though the more I think about it the more I see your use, an extra coder, is very welcome since I dont have time to do it all.
    My mods

Well, if you do want my help, just send me a pm explaining what you want me to do. I won't be home until Friday, but after that I have a load of time, so feel free to give me time-consuming jobs, I have enough time that can be consumed

LegionaryCohort

OMG I wish I could do any of those things a Wheel of Time TW MOD! 2 awesome things mushed into 1! DO IT DO IT!