Thread: [Preview] House Stark of Winterfell

Default Re: [Preview] House Stark of Winterfell

Guess. If you want to spoil it..

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Marlon Manderly.

jacb547's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by jackal89 View Post
    I just wonder which Manderly would fit into that small armor?
    None of them?
    "We all know whatmy brother would do. Robert would gallop up to the gates of Winterfell alone, break them with his warhammer, and ride through the rubble to slay Roose Bolton with his left hand and the Bastard with his right. I am not Robert. But we will march, and we will free Winterfell … or die in the attempt."

Great job guys

Libertus

Awesome! I just can't wait to smash the South with these units! They have "North" in themselves, certainly! I love Northern Pikemen, knights of White Harbour and footmen of Dreadfort. It's a pity there's no Skagosmen (they could be amazing warriors), but I can understand it. Umbers' swordsmen look cool, but I think the red ones should be more, well, dirty. Their surcoats are glittering in sun, that is not fit them.

Thanks to the overlay textures they won`t look too bright on the battlefield. (The overlay textures add dirt etc. on the battlemap.)

AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    90% of Teens make baseless assumptions about 90% of Teens. If you are one of the 10% that possess an ability for critical thinking, you probably know these statistics aren't true.

Quote Originally Posted by Túrin Dagnir View Post
    Awesome! I just can't wait to smash the South with these units! They have "North" in themselves, certainly! I love Northern Pikemen, knights of White Harbour and footmen of Dreadfort. It's a pity there's no Skagosmen (they could be amazing warriors), but I can understand it. Umbers' swordsmen look cool, but I think the red ones should be more, well, dirty. Their surcoats are glittering in sun, that is not fit them.

Since the Skagosi haven't appeared in the books yet, we would have no idea what to make them look / fight like. We also have no idea what size force they could muster in this time frame. Never fear though, there's always room for patches and updates as the next books come out.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

I really love the 3D models =D

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Wow, This is the ! One of the best previews I`ve seen on TWcenter. Great job team and especially Murf. (+rep)

great job. +rep.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Soviet View Post
    AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    one blast, returning ranger?

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

YEA!!! Nice job!!! I love the units!

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Hey, nice preview! You have greatly improved since the first preview. Looking forward to this mod!

Sazabi's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post

a few things. 1st, do the stark gaurds throw their spears and then draw swords? (if so, awesome). Second, the pikemen have shields on their backs; do they use those in combo with a lighter weapon in close-up melee? 3rd, halberds? i know halberds and other mulitpurpose polearms (guisarms, voulges, bardiches, fouchards, glaives, partisans, swordstaffs, etc.) were some of the most common weapons of medeival armies, shouldn't the starks have some sort of unit like that (and most other factions for that matter, in say a militia form or something)? 4th, what kind of militia are available in white harbor (if any)? besides the manderly knights of course. btw, epic preview, love all the varied infantry types. the barded horses for the calvery is perfect

oh! one more thing. what kind of sidearms do the cavalry have? manderly knights, northern cav., etc.
    Last edited by Toho; March 13, 2012 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    a few things. 1st, do the stark gaurds throw their spears and then draw swords? (if so, awesome). Second, the pikemen have shields on their backs; do they use those in combo with a lighter weapon in close-up melee? 3rd, halberds? i know halberds and other mulitpurpose polearms (guisarms, voulges, bardiches, fouchards, glaives, partisans, swordstaffs, etc.) were some of the most common weapons of medeival armies, shouldn't the starks have some sort of unit like that (and most other factions for that matter, in say a militia form or something)? 4th, what kind of militia are available in white harbor (if any)? besides the manderly knights of course. btw, epic preview, love all the varied infantry types. the barded horses for the calvery is perfect

oh! one more thing. what kind of sidearms do the cavalry have? manderly knights, northern cav., etc.
    1. Stark Guards (and almost all of the faction Household Guards) use spears as their primary weapon (as in they use them as thrusting weapons) but switch to swords when they get into all-out melee
    2. Pikemen here, IIRC, don't have a secondary weapon. Shields on the back has the advantage of giving the user some protection from behind and looking cool
    3. There will be Halberds, but at the moment not for the Starks - each faction has a carefully planed roster with strengths and weaknesses, weapons that may be missing for the Starks (or any faction for that matter) are either left out on purpose (as a "weakness") or they were redundant in some fashion
    4. White Harbor will have an additional unit - but it will be shown later

5. Most cav have swords as sidearms, some have axes, some have a mix with swords / maces. I couldn't say which is which in this preview yet. I'll leave that to Murf or one of the other Team Members

Keep checking in every sunday!

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

This is bloody awesome. Best time to start reading the series when you guys are developing this mod so awesomely. Go the Starks!

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by GatorMarine1833 View Post
    5. Most cav have swords as sidearms, some have axes, some have a mix with swords / maces. I couldn't say which is which in this preview yet. I'll leave that to Murf or one of the other Team Members
    Outriders have no secondary weapon, Rills Cavalry charge with their spear and switch to sword and the shield on their back. Northern cavalry switch to swords, axes, maces, warhammers. WHK switch to swords

Also, Pikemen were originally designed to switch to axe/shield but due to M2TW mechanics they switch far too soon and become pretty useless!

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Quote Originally Posted by GatorMarine1833 View Post
    1. Stark Guards (and almost all of the faction Household Guards) use spears as their primary weapon (as in they use them as thrusting weapons) but switch to swords when they get into all-out melee
    To clarify this is a spear unit automatically switching weapons??

I've not seen this in a mod before, is it a first?

PIPA and SOPA are “the equivalent of being angry and trying to take action against Ford just because a Mustang was used in a bank robbery.” - Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

nah, rusischi TW did it already.