Thread: Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Calgora

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Default Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Calgora

A new story/AAR I'm starting. I wouldn't write anything straight away because to be honest, I don't have anything completed because I'm not entirely sure how I'll go about this. I have a feel it could either be good or a total disaster. One thing I will say is that, not trying to sound cocky, I haven't seen anyone else on the internet do something similar to this. I won't say my idea yet because, as I said, I'm not fully sure how I'm doing it and with school and stuff, I might not be able to get around to it straight away but I just said I might as well get started by making this thread. Anyway, if it sounds interesting watch this space

Default Re: Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Calgora

Calgora Tourist Information Book

With more sights, shows, restaurants, bar, shopping, borderline psycopaths and daylong sandstorms than you could take a piss at, there's no place you can to compare to Calgora. Built in the middle of nowhere for reasons unknown, Calgora provides everyone with, well, something. Where else can you contract heat stroke while enjoying your favourite latte, find a an experienced crack dealer operating outside the headquaters of a multinational corporation, propositioned by a 65 year old prostitute and falsely arrested by a dwarf paramedic, all before breakfast? Discover a short but incredible level of history, unique culture and multi-racial community that do their best to co-exist in different sectioned areas of this amazing metropolis. So many places to see, so many people to do and with all the time in the world, Calgora has something for everyone and if not, why not complain to the locals who I might listen, if you're lucky. (Although eye contact is made at you're own peril)

The Colourful Locals of Calgora

So make it your business to enjoy the glitz, glam and unworrying levels of pollution regardless of what the World Pollution Control Association says. The city is your oyster (but don't expect to see any marine life)

Last edited by ccllnply; March 13, 2012 at 04:19 PM.

Default Re: Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Calgora

"Big" Barry Williams

Another smashed alarm clock signalled "Big" Barry's awakening. He hated using it, every morning he did had to jump into the bathroom because he thought he might vomit. He had to do it though, he badly needed money after spending the profits from his last job on McDonalds and KFC so his taxi was calling him. "Screw this", Barry sighed as he rose from the toliet bowl to his feet.

Barry's apartment - guess why he's called "Big"

He only had time for a glass of water and piece of toast before heading off for the day. This morning his destination was the Large Pocket grocery store in Lower Harrington District. He had been called the night before for a pickup at 9:10, just after the store opened it's doors. It wasn't his ideal job but, hey, money is money so he parked up on the footpath across from the store.

Large Pocket grocery store

He was early but after a few minutes of sitting there, a middle aged man approached the window and started furiously banging on it. "Hey! Hey! Open up!". Barry rolled down the window and calmly reached for a little compartment under the handbreak. "What the hell are you doing?" the man angrily inquired. Barry looked around in a relaxed, sarcastic manner and answered, "Well, I'm in my car, sitting down and before you came over, I was looking at that tree, why?". "Don't talk to me like that, you can't park here, this is a residental block" the man complained.

Barry pulled his hand out of the compartment, accompanied by an expensive pistol. "Sorry, but I'm going to need you to get the away from my car, would you mind?" Barry joked while pointing his gun at the man who hurriedly backed up and ran back into his house. "Stupid guy at my window" Barry complained as he rolled his window back up. Luckily, before the cops were called, the man who Barry had come to pick-up came running across the road from the store with a bag in one hand and a revolver in the other. "Go! Drive now!" the man said as he jumped in the backseat. "Where to?" Barry inquired as he turned the corner, with the approching noise of police cars came into range. "Go to Bruce Avenue, my cousin has a garage there!" the man answered.

After several blocks, the police still weren't in sight but the continue wailing of sirens meant that they were knew where Barry was going, so he did what he was best at in this situation, took a shortcut. He took a sharpe left through a playground, which was luckily empty at this time, taking out two swings and a slide. After a few more blocks, it was clear it had worked and Barry pulled into the garage. "Thanks dude, here's your cut". 10% of the stores cash register, a solid morning's work for "Big" Barry