Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 7.0 Preview II: Gameplay Features II

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Default Re: Stainless Steel 7.0 Preview II: Gameplay Features II

If there was a release date they would have announced it. As they have not stop asking.

Everything looks amazing!!!

I like the re-emergent factions, but wouldn't it be better if the "rebellion" happened in their original lands rather than their last region (I'm assuming Krakow would've been the last region held by the first english faction)

I never post as there's nothing I can usually add to any conversation. The re-emerging faction feature though is just tremendous. Thanks for putting this back into the game.

I can't give reps but........thanks.

I was just asking if anyone had any information about the progress of the work. I'm not sure SS makers would make a topic for everything they add in .
    And next time please use your brain (if you have any) and THEN post.
    [IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Drachos View Post
    Calm down dude...

Theyre just sayin the truth.
    Its out when its done. No date yet so thats all we have for now.

Relax
    Play 6.4 for a bit.

Remember they are doing this on thier own time for free.

If you want to help speed it up a bit, might try submitting territory descriptions http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=521982
    Need to probably complete those before itll be released.
    Last edited by Duck of Death; March 15, 2012 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drachos View Post
    I was just asking if anyone had any information about the progress of the work. I'm not sure SS makers would make a topic for everything they add in .
    Uhuh, and now you know. I'm quite sure with your superior reading skills you read through both threads and saw a team member posting progress and/or release dates.

Because I didn't read, that's why I asked here, and also because I think they didn't post it. I thought someone maybe has some information, because the mod is the best so far for me. And what I got as a response was "When they finish it" I said "Lol stop trolling me" (you could've noticed I was not saying anything bad here) and you said STOP ASKING. Imagine you go to a store and they do not have something you want, you ask him when will they get new "shipments" of that, and he'd say: WHEN WE GET IT, STOP ASKING. Think a bit. You'd react same as me
    [IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Interesting analogy. the flaw of course is, that this is not a store as you are getting everything for free and other people are doing us all a big favor for working on this during their free time

But let's not turn this thread into an all out flamewar. I think I speak for all of us when I say that we're very much looking forward to the latest installment of the SS series and, as DoD said, we can all contribute by doing some research and help making regional descriptions.

Foederatus

IF i am to make a suggestion, i would definitely point towards wallachia(valahia in romanian) alias romania, romanian principalities (principatele romane) ;
    Regarding Wallachia, aka "Tara Romaneasca" - historically it was the southern part of the country, with borders stretching from Hungary(West), the Black Sea(East), Transylvania(North - West) and Moldova (N-E)
    Since it's mainly known through medieval history for constantly fighting back the ottomans, with proeminent figures like Vlad the Impalor (Tepes), Stefan the Great (cel Mare), Iancu de Hunedoara ( ... of Hunedoara/ Hunyadi - hungarian) - who was called "Christ's Athlete" by the Pope, Mihai Viteazu (.... the Brave), i suggest creating a faction generically called "Romanian Principalities / The Principalities of Romania", which is of orthodox faith and responds in front of the Patriarch of Constantinople or that of Russia (don't know where his seat was), has a "Eastern European Culture" (like Russia, Byzantine), it's rooster is determined by all the neighboring factions - light cavalry/l.c. tactics, for the principalities were for some time under the cumans, horse archers, good defensive and offensive infantry, some heavy cavalry (the boyars /boierii - which could afford far more expensive horses, weaponry, armor) ; all these romanian troops must have stronger morale or something, for there is no other explanation for the fact that romanian troops held their ground for so much in history - there were not a few battles when 15.000-20.000 romanians held 100.000 - 150.000 "like grass and leaves (cat frunza si iarba)" turks . In order to not see an Europe conquered by romanians, i suggest making the ai for this faction (u modding-geniuses sort it out) a rather defensive one - the only offensive stage should be when their national integrity is at stake - the romanians were harassed not only by turks, but even hungarians (they always carved for transylvania, they still do), poland and even russia, at high times.

Quote Originally Posted by Munchausen View Post
    IF i am to make a suggestion, i would definitely point towards wallachia(valahia in romanian) alias romania, romanian principalities (principatele romane) ;
    Regarding Wallachia, aka "Tara Romaneasca" - historically it was the southern part of the country, with borders stretching from Hungary(West), the Black Sea(East), Transylvania(North - West) and Moldova (N-E)
    Since it's mainly known through medieval history for constantly fighting back the ottomans, with proeminent figures like Vlad the Impalor (Tepes), Stefan the Great (cel Mare), Iancu de Hunedoara ( ... of Hunedoara/ Hunyadi - hungarian) - who was called "Christ's Athlete" by the Pope, Mihai Viteazu (.... the Brave), i suggest creating a faction generically called "Romanian Principalities / The Principalities of Romania", which is of orthodox faith and responds in front of the Patriarch of Constantinople or that of Russia (don't know where his seat was), has a "Eastern European Culture" (like Russia, Byzantine), it's rooster is determined by all the neighboring factions - light cavalry/l.c. tactics, for the principalities were for some time under the cumans, horse archers, good defensive and offensive infantry, some heavy cavalry (the boyars /boierii - which could afford far more expensive horses, weaponry, armor) ; all these romanian troops must have stronger morale or something, for there is no other explanation for the fact that romanian troops held their ground for so much in history - there were not a few battles when 15.000-20.000 romanians held 100.000 - 150.000 "like grass and leaves (cat frunza si iarba)" turks . In order to not see an Europe conquered by romanians, i suggest making the ai for this faction (u modding-geniuses sort it out) a rather defensive one - the only offensive stage should be when their national integrity is at stake - the romanians were harassed not only by turks, but even hungarians (they always carved for transylvania, they still do), poland and even russia, at high times.
    dude...
    they're not
    getting
    in
    Quote Originally Posted by wyrda78 View Post
    Well maybe if there was a thread instructing people on how to mod there would be more modders.

(yea.. oh ...yeah.. oh yeah! ... *orgasm* )

Quote Originally Posted by Munchausen View Post
    Posting the same thing multiple times is not a recipe for success.

Looks great!

I will love to see the re emergant factions in the game! Though I am weary of the not being able to auto resolve faction leader battles. I usually fight them out, but I would still like the option to auto resolve in certain situations.

Jambat's Avatar Decanus

I'm sorry but there are a lot of pages in these threads so I may have missed this, but any plans on graphical updates for the maps/rosters/etc..? And any new skins in the works?

I've seen several sub-mods lately that seem to really be raising the bar, so I'd love to see SS match (or better) them.
    I see the better and approve; I follow the worse.

If you liked my post or thought I was helpful, hit that +rep and leave your name so I can keep an eye out for when you deserve some. Unless you suck. Then you aren't getting crap. Ever.

Pressing the first spoiler button is bringing back sweet memories....

by god-like difficulty, do they mean basically endless stacks and random rebellions?

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

Sounds brilliant; only problem - how long are the times between end turns?

I can't bear sitting for upwards of 2 minutes waiting for the turn to end ¬_¬

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Some MPers consider anyone who uses pause to be a bad player. I remember a thread about it once.
    Some people don't care what an unrelated person considers

Judeman266's Avatar Senator

@Miles Invictus

Don't sit and wait. Do something read a book.

Christonikos's Avatar Centenarius

The english re-appear. The main forces are outside thw walls of Krakow? LOL

Can't wait