Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 7.0 Preview II: Gameplay Features II

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Stainless Steel 7.0 Preview II: Gameplay Features II

Quote Originally Posted by Byg View Post
    I dread the possibility of stone forts being added. The ai just gets confused by forts and the last thing I want to see is a weaker AI and more sieges and more strategic exploits for the human player. Why is it so trendy to add stone forts?

There is no more room for new regions without removing old ones.
    I agree for the most part. Is it possible to change the "stone forts" to a new design that would be more like a wooden palisade that would give the AI more points to attack?

Quote Originally Posted by Andytheplatypus View Post
    I agree for the most part. Is it possible to change the "stone forts" to a new design that would be more like a wooden palisade that would give the AI more points to attack?
    I think it's the point to try to go from castles to forts. the vanilla castles in medieval 2 are a rather bad representation of the region capitals, which would normally be more city-like protected by a series of forts/castles
    Quote Originally Posted by wyrda78 View Post
    Well maybe if there was a thread instructing people on how to mod there would be more modders.

Gnostiko's Avatar Campidoctor

Cannot freakin wait, haven't been able to play since my BAI went on the fritz and I'm jonesing badly!

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

He's talking about the strat map, not the battle map.

cant wait for 7.0, best mod out there

It looks amazing! Sincerely, thanks to the modding team!

Tiro

What do you think of this... loyalists!
    I give you an example:

Let's suppose that the holy roman empire has taken over Milan.. instead of appearing (this may happen sometimes, not always...) a rebel unit in the region it appears a rebel unit double flagged, both a rebel but loyal to Milan (but without being controlled by any player).

I am almost certain that it is almost important due to technical reasons... but the idea could be nice, what do you think?

Impossible I think.

is there a known release date ????

None.

Quote Originally Posted by mukisa View Post

is there a known release date ????
    I think they postpone the release by one hour each time someone mentions release date.

That includes this post. Feel free to quote me on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Conando View Post
    I think they postpone the release by one hour each time someone mentions release date.

That includes this post. Feel free to quote me on that.
    One more hour I'm still getting acquainted to 6.4 and BGR =) But really looking forward to the new stuff, sounds good from what I read!

Taran.'s Avatar Civis

Can't wait for this! It sounds awesome!

Выше, выше
    К белым облакам!
    Выше, выше
    К белым облакам!
    Качели тут, Качели там.
    Качели тут, Качели там!
    Ты летишь, легка,
    Со мной всё выше в облака!

I don't know if anyone help me with this, but I would like to know how they added godlike difficulty ...

I'd like to add it myself in my hotseat campaign for SS6.4, so you can only save once etc. ...
    I know a bit about modding myself (modded my own hotseat) --> improved AI siege defence, better Ai overall, big campaign script changes etc. ...
    but I never figured out how you can do the stuff they do in Shogun II (legendary) ...
    I thought it wasn't possible for medieval II, but it appears someone figured it out

Tnx in advance

I don't know if anyone can help me, but I was wondering how they added the godlike difficulty ???

I'd like to add the 1 save and no pause features into my own hotseat mod for SS 6.4
    I've got some modding experience, but I really don't know how they did this :-P

I'd really appreciate this ;-)

ceretic's Avatar Centenarius

I only hope... and mine is but a weak, lonely voice crying in the wilderness... that a new version will have a campaign map (and overview map) that reflects the political frontiers of Europe in the middle ages. The original Medieval Total War (remember that?) had a highly accurate campaign map - and I loved it. Let us not forget that the original's success (ok, Shogun too) was what spawned everything we know today in the Total War world, before that game many of us were in doubt as to which way to walk

Here is a screenshot of the original campaign map... the borders are highly realistic (take it - I know, I teach the subject) albeit simplified version of the real thing. It made it utterly believable. M2TW onwards has neglected these frontiers.

Here is a map of medieval europe... not the lines on the map which exist today, the shape of Bohemia, the outline of Prussia (Teutonic Order), Aquitaine, Austria and Province. Please pay some attention to this, I beseech thee dread lords of the stainless steel programming bunkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Some MPers consider anyone who uses pause to be a bad player. I remember a thread about it once.
    Strictly speaking you should not be allowed to give very many orders since no general would have been able to personally intervene so often in a real battle. And probably you should have no access to the radar view. So these players are cheating already. They should not be doing anything after giving commands once at the start of setup.

In most of the world at that time and the biggest settlements that concern us here, fortifications were of stone. The AI would also get stone fortifications. Stone is harder to break through so campaigns would slow down too, which in fact would favour the AI, even more so if stone forts were expensive to build.

Palisades in the Middle Ages? We might as well have knights fighting with wooden swords ...
    Last edited by Geoffrey of Villehardouin; May 14, 2012 at 04:13 PM.

Strictly speaking this is a game.

6.4 is great, I was just wondering if it is a possibility that the turn times are made shorter for 7.0? or if not is there a way to manually alter turn times?

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Well I think the turns has some pauses put in so that we could have a little break between turns, but I suppose they could be removed.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E