Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 7.0 Preview II: Gameplay Features II

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Stainless Steel 7.0 Preview II: Gameplay Features II

Quote Originally Posted by Maltacus View Post
    Most likely not for the people who do experience the crashes more often than rarely... I have never had the pleasure of meeting most people playing Stainless Steel but I'll take your word for them being so lucky.

Moot point? I am submitting my personal opinion, not doing anything that comes close to arguing for, for example, the removal of any of these new features. I have not made any point except for asking a question - if that is really making a point - and saying how I personally will think of some of the changes.
    Really kind of moot, if you experience crashes on SS then I bet you experience crashes with vanilla and/or other sub mods too. SS is even more stable than vanilla.

It could be a pain in the rear, but in the rare case of one loosing something because of a crash you could load the last game and autowin the battles you did win before the crash. It's just my opinion.

Regarding the difficulty, I think this simply make the battles a higher bet, forcing you to think more, I. E. have more depth and fun. One can still play on lower difficulties, SS it's pretty hard as it is.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

You haven't reply on any of my questions, and I hope it's going to happen now. Which direction of the continent exploring was meant at the first preview? Africa? India? Smth else?

gracul's Avatar 404 Not Found
    Artifex

It's both ways, just like in the historical Age of Discovery.
    About some of the map issues you posted about - yep, some of us are working on them.

Sorry if we don't respond, the forum is a big place with a lot of posts every day. Since i concentrate on work mostly - i have little time for trolling the forum .
    Reading posts is fast, responding takes a lot longer.

Wow, great changes. Can't wait.

On another note, it's bugged me that you get no deployment time when you siege a settlement to near starvation and they have to rally. It seems to me that you would have all the time in the world to choose how to set up your troops. Much more so than when you march out to attack the enemy. Is anyone with me on this? If so, would it be easy to change this in the next update? Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I couldn't find anywhere better to express this...

Okay found a better place to post the above comment. Sorry for the double post, just trying not to get in trouble with anyone here.

Gracual :

Please fix the issue of JAMA and great JAMAs , as we were not able to see them on battle maps for muslim factions, In this 77.0 please fix this issue we should be able to see them once they are built

Artifex

@Lord Baal
    You as well? For the second time, I am not making any "point", I have not argued a second for the removal of any new feature.

As for difficulty, you can already choose to play with all the rules that the godlike difficulty is set to introduce if you like that. The icons used for zooming in the minimap, the ability to zoom in the camera or the possibility of playing without pausing battles or saving campaigns is common knowledge here, I am quite sure.

It is almost as if players of the mod are somehow expected to be wanting to stick to those rules for their enjoyment, but not able to - so they require help with doing what's best for them.
    The Misadventures of Diabolical Amazons - Completed.
    An Orcs Tale, a Third Age AAR - Completed.
    Reviewed by Alwyn in the Critics Quill
    My Dread Lady, a Warcraft Total War AAR - 27 chapters done.
    Home to Midgard, a Third Age AAR about two dwarves, a spy and a diplomat - Completed (pictures remade up to chapter 19).
    Reviewed by Boustrophedon in The Critics Quill

da fuq?! These news just made my day

can we still get VH without godlike difficulty save game system?

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Very Hard was supposed to be the hardest difficulty so having a Very Hard that was only a bit difficult was counter productive.

Can't wait for this release. SS is the best mod out there and many thanks to the team. Amazing job.

Have to say that I'm looking forward to this.. to refresh the game once more

Been playing SS since v4 and thoroughly enjoying it.

I want my controllable inquisitors to burn them Heretic scum

Right now there's a witch spreading heresy in Genoa. She's defeated every single priest of mine.

Wish there were religious rebellions in SS. Would be really cool.
    Last edited by beckyolt; March 25, 2012 at 11:30 AM.
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

Quote Originally Posted by beckyolt View Post

Right now there's a witch spreading heresy in Genoa. She's defeated every single priest of mine.

I never get witches with more than one orb even on hard (lack a sufficient number of very hard campaigns to have an opinion on that)

Religious rebellions like luthers ()? since before lutheranism that wouldn't be likely
    Quote Originally Posted by wyrda78 View Post
    Well maybe if there was a thread instructing people on how to mod there would be more modders.

I can't remember the last time I got a witch in SS. Must be like over 400 turns.

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

You really get no whitches? I have them a lot and most of the time they are strong enough to kill every priest so I need assassins.

Never get them.

Post deleted. No insults and censor bypasses please.

Originally Posted by beckyolt

Religious rebellions like luthers ()? since before lutheranism that wouldn't be likely
    Say that to the Cathars.

Religious rebellions and differences would be really nice with this suggestion I gave on the suggestions thread for TW series.

Also for medieval TW games:

A more descentralized gameplay.
    Your should only have direct control over the cities your main family members ( e.g your king and his sons ) control. Every other region, ruled by the other nobles, should be near authonomous, but still indirectly ruled by you.

For example, if you wanted to recruit troops from the region Gascony , you would choose "Call vassals from Gascony" option and set a rally point for their troops. It would take some time for 'em to assemble their men, but then they'd march to the point you sent them to. Of course, depending on the noble controlling the said region, they could refuse to obbey their king if their loyalty was low enough.

Nobles refusing convocations because of religious differences! Protecting heretics! A pity that would be absolutely impossible to implement in SS.
    Last edited by beckyolt; March 25, 2012 at 07:27 PM.
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Very Hard was supposed to be the hardest difficulty so having a Very Hard that was only a bit difficult was counter productive.
    why not also force BGR hardcore edition to everyone then

one of the reason I don't like the save limited to between turns autosave is because electricity here can be cut off without warning and I'll lose my progress due to computer shut off... you know, when we have big empire and role playing things, things to do between turns will take a while, some people might also take a break, the inability to save will have unpleasant risk.
    Last edited by napoleonic; March 26, 2012 at 08:18 AM.