Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First Impressions

Default Re: First Impressions

Malekith should appears between turn 175 and turn 188 and believe me, knowing what his army looks like, you really wish to be rdy.

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

yeah, ive to uplaod the screen where i killed like 6000 naked women and walking trees with his army

slaughter (and rape) them all!

hehe

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

Quote Originally Posted by TWmadman View Post
    Malekith should appears between turn 175 and turn 188 and believe me, knowing what his army looks like, you really wish to be rdy.
    I can foreseen it... Tons of dark steel, villany, rapacity, perversion, and depravation...

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

Love the look of the armies in full flow, some excellent design too. I've tried all the High Elf Factions and the economy of places like Averlorn and Chrace are quite crippling at the beginning in comparison to Eataine, Yvresse and others. Even taking into account it is a religious war, you have to invest immediately into Priests and Merchants or you'll have to disband any high cost Units you have on the field.
    That said I can see the emerging need for ships and perhaps for a more aggressive ai, but tempered with reduced unrest and morale markers. Averlorn's twisting woods make it particularly hard to counter attack or suppress rebellions, as even with roads, what looks short on the map becomes extremely long when faced with a large forest. You know most of these issues anyway and so that leaves only my thanks for a great mod.

Ekaddon's Avatar Tiro

The release of this mod came as a total surprise, but I used to follow its early stages.

The units I find especially good, with such high quality one does not need a big variation in a factions roster. With the possibly upcoming armour addons it will be perfect!

And the Generals on battlemap look good!!!

Also even in such an early stage yet the inteface, menu sceen, loading screens etc. are of very good quality, even if the interface will be modded by many in the future.

Taits look good, ancillaries look good..

Some minor problems with skins are the only thing bugging me, and maybe more textues for buildings will do good.

What can I say, a most pleasing release indeed, wonder how good this will get yet!

Thank you team!

THIS^

Well its nice to see another mod finally released for M2TW, but(and i know this is gonna make someone mad) something about the mod looks like a total Lord of The Rings rip-off.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by ErmanesTheSecond View Post
    Well its nice to see another mod finally released for M2TW, but(and i know this is gonna make someone mad) something about the mod looks like a total Lord of The Rings rip-off.
    Could you explain that please? My english is not so good.
    If you are telling that because of the building pics I suggest you to have a look to the latest news.
    Regards!

Well its the picture of the elves in the Debut of the mod on the frontpage news that got me, looks totally LOTR based.

Libertus

I have the same problem someone estated earlier, I started as Caledor and since turn 1 I have 80% unrest in all cities(not religious), even the ones I start with, and it never goes down.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Aristodemus View Post
    I have the same problem someone estated earlier, I started as Caledor and since turn 1 I have 80% unrest in all cities(not religious), even the ones I start with, and it never goes down.
    Sorry aristodemus, it will be fixed in the next patch. You will need to keep more garrisons by the moment.

Well its the picture of the elves in the Debut of the mod on the frontpage news that got me, looks totally LOTR based.
    Have you always that lack of respect by the work of the others or is it your first time?
    It is a mod based on the warhammer universe, not Tolkien's one, and there are also elfs here.
    I suggest you to try the mod. We have made it for free just for you!

Well, Lord of the Rings did inspire most modern fantasy franchises that you see, Warhammer, D&D, and so forth. So they share Elves in common, but the stories are nothing alike.

Warhammer Fantasy has hundreds of books based on their lore, whether its tabletop, or just fictional literature. Outside of sharing a race (something you find in *most* fantasy works), that is where the similarities end. LOTR is more of a high fantasy, whereas Warhammer is a dark fantasy.

Give this mod a try, as they really have invested a lot of work into it. It's not fair to decry their efforts just because they're using Elves. I mean, you might as well gripe about seeing orcs, humans, or anything in other fantasy modifications.
    Total War Live Commentary: Click Here
    De Bello Mundi: Greek City States
    Third Age Total War: Arnor with MOS
    M&B: Warband: A Clash of Kings
    M&B: Warband: Gekokujo

Libertus

nice! I feared it was maybe intented because of the civil war, I'll wait for the next patch then.

The mod is awesome by the way.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Aristodemus View Post
    nice! I feared it was maybe intented because of the civil war, I'll wait for the next patch then.

The mod is awesome by the way.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=535269

Here you have a list of things under work for the next version :-)

The Wicked's Avatar Semisalis

Excellent mod, just a little annoying the city revolt event , Avelorn:3 cities revolted next 2 turns my loyaltist have retaken the cities and the next 2 turns again revolt then i had to retake them by siege my treasury went -25000, cities had damaged buildings .... total destruction but i enjoyed it

MAKEDONIA WAS,IS AND WILL BE HELLENIC
    http://macedonia-evidence.org/faq-history.html

Ekaddon's Avatar Tiro

It is really alarming how soon people abandon the lore, and start demanding changes to the mod.

There is the vanilla game since 2006, that lets you play the arcade style you want. There are even mods that strengthen this play style.

It is a CIVIL WAR for f-sake. It should be clear to anyone, that when your neighbor wants you dead, it gets really, really restless. A relative of mine once had a neighbor, that was pulled from his house and lined up to get shot. He lived the rest of his life with a bullet fragment in his cheek. Needless to say, my grandparents and their parents did not feel very safe living there, even if they were left outside, far from the frontline.

THIS^

The City Revolt is challenging, but I just walked back in and banged a few heads for almost 22k so all losses were cleared in Averlorn. I'm not sure anyone is asking for lore to be watered down and I sympathise with anyone who has suffered through war.

In terms of the Lotr trolling, I just don't see it. I read the books as a boy ( nearly 50 years old now ) and also later in life got into Warhammer lore and games too. I've just stopped playing Warhammer Online after three years and the design I see in the Sundering is totally apt and well presented.
    Films of course do play a large part in the interpretation of books as do games, but these fantasy designs are quite different.

Pikey

Thanks to this thread I'm will download and try out this mod .

Just installed it and started a campaign with Caledor! So far it looks great! I've not been able to play much yet, just 2-3 turns, but so far it looks fantastic! Very nice work! Can't say anything about the gameplay yet, but the aesthetic result is amazing! And I really like the music! The feeling it creates, the immersion... this is one of the mods that made me feel like I'm actually there...
    I also love the drawings at the unit information cards, very nice touch... Don't change that in v.1 with actuall images of the units!

Keep up the good work guys and thank's for sharing it with us! Looking forward to v.1!

Can't wait to ride the dragons!!!

P.S.Beeing a total stranger to the Warhammer universe (the mod gave me the push to try and change that...) I have the following question: So, at the start of the campaign, the former Phoenix King is dead (Ben-Shanaar if I'm not mistaken) and no King has been coronated yet... The Caledoran Imrik named "Phoenix King" is the King to be? Sorry, got a little confused there...

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Yes, Imrik was crowned Phoenix King some months after the death of Bel Shanaar, so if you are playing with Caledor you start allied to the other kingdoms because Imrik is your faction leader too.
    There is an historic event that announce the celebration of his coronation. If you play a bit more you can read it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast