Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First Impressions

Default Re: First Impressions

I see...
    So, dragons and the Phoenix King!.. Nice!

Thanks Kolwen! Did I mention that I like the mod?

Alkarin's Avatar Praepositus

I've played maybe 20 or so turns as Chrace

I've gotten Alith Anar and I wish I could make some of those units of his bodyguard! They have been my all time favourite warhammer model since WAR released them for the shadow warrior but sadly Anar is not a playable.

I found my economy crippling to the point of where I just have to cheat to survive, because the only way to get out of the debt would be to disband all my troops which would lead to rebellion or ease of invasion

I feel the strength of naggoroth is good, I feel like I'm struggling against them but I still have my chance

I feel the unit rosters for each faction is a bit bland and needs more variety, only having say 4 melee infantry units to recruit doesn't feel all that expansive to me but it is definitely tolerable and might just be changed later on since this is beta.

Models look great! I've noticed some of them having bad clipping issues with the animations specifically notable was the cultists I saw.
    Movement may want to be increased a bit on the campaign map for armies but at the same time I think it may be good, depending on where you are going with the design of moving armies.

I feel I lose A LOT of men FAST in battles, I'm not sure if this is mod related or simply because I'm used to playing Roma Surrectum II all the time.

The fact that units run faster than normal makes the running animation a bit off but its not really bothersome, the only time I see it affecting anything is when they are going up laters, they stack up on to eachother which looks quite funny.

The UI on High Elf factions seems to be so white I can barely tell how many recruitment slots are open on settlements and reading information on the diplomacy screen is futile.

Unrest seems unnecessarily high and building/recruiting times feel really long (mostly the building times though)

Music is awesome! I noticed at one point there was some lord of the rings music which I didn't fancy too much but I have also heard some awesome tracks, some of the battle music is a bit too much in your fact at times though.

Also there seems to be a lot of description errors, but nothing too bad. Most likely due to the mod makers not having english as their first language

Thats all the critisim I can think of right now. Mod is awesome! Having lots of fun with it and I like all the lore and lore events that happen so frequently. Makes the game feel like the political climate is really developing around you.
    Last edited by Arandir Tur-Anion de Bodemloze; June 20, 2012 at 05:54 AM.
    You look great today.

Are you playing with the 0.6 version? Many of these problems have been solved.

Alkarin's Avatar Praepositus

yeah I'm using 0.62. Wasn't aware there was a newer version?
    You look great today.

i have used only 1 track from lotr movie over 200 different tracks in the soundtrack.

btw, Kolwen didn't added my lastest soundtrack which contained many changes. it will be added in the next version.

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

ash874's Avatar Campidoctor

downloaded today and played for like 5 hours
    with the seraphi (smtng like that) on vhvh
    first of all the game was stable and i encountered no ctds which deserves noting
    very immersing atmosphere
    i liked great many things about the mod
    not too many unit types
    (i hate when you have 20+ unit types and most these units are not worth bothering with)
    the map shape makes for very strategic game possible
    just to compare: if we take one of the best mods out there - third age
    the map is such that some factions like eriador cant really be played strategically because they are open and attacked all over the place
    other factions like gondor are easier in that department cause they got choke points
    the horseshoe shape and the mountain passes allow holding the choke points steamrolling the map by land or invading from the sea and shattering the enemy's economy
    the game requires some strategic thinking
    i expanded all over only to realise that i will lose the campaign
    it happened because i attacked tiranoc and the main evil guy just blitzed the north part of the map
    possibly fighting tiranoc is a waste of energy and condemns your allies who cant hold on their own
    up to here its all positive points
    i must say something negative too, right?
    the map shape is great in that it creates strategic options for the player
    the AI though, is not equipped to deal with it
    we all know that mtw2 AI sucks in amphibious warfare so how could he be expected to effectively operate here?
    the blue guys right under my faction have 66% of the force that the main evil has
    the green guys above me have about 50%
    so just the two of them together could have resisted him
    but dozens of good armies stand around some towns that arent even on the frontier and will stand there until the bad guy reaches them
    just as in tatw the bad guys are using their forces effectively while the good guys have enormous armies that arent used effectively at all

all in all id say the mod is on par with all other major mods

edit: played a little longer and the battles seem to be bugged a bit
    enemy armies assaulting cities are just incredibly inefficient
    Last edited by ash874; March 03, 2013 at 06:53 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123