Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions and Feedback

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Suggestions and Feedback

They are Brigands. They will spawn randomly

preapering looong report ladz. I gonna stick to it seariously just do me best. Got also few ideas if us like but for now ill stick to one faction.

It's been interesting so far. I should be done by tomorrow with everything.
    Total War Live Commentary: Click Here
    De Bello Mundi: Greek City States
    Third Age Total War: Arnor with MOS
    M&B: Warband: A Clash of Kings
    M&B: Warband: Gekokujo

what about let me think how to say it: Various armour styles for early time mid and later (like in the vanilla MTW2)
    So that Naggarythe looks at the end more like the future Druchii. Maybe include this as an event

Ekaddon's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Ethien View Post
    It's been interesting so far. I should be done by tomorrow with everything.
    Well tell me about it, not yet 100 turns and Yvresse (me), Caledor, Cothique and Chrace are against everyone else. Eataine just stabbed me in the back, going for the Pleasure cult. We were besieging a Cultist settlement, and to my shock I had to fight 3400 Eatainians and over a thousand cultists. Needless to say, my army was annihilated after a desperate battle.

The next turn the Phoenix king of Caledor was killed in battle, and now there sits my man.
    Oh dear, oh dear the amount of desperation in Yvresse these days.

Most interesting, I can tell you.

THIS^

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Vaulkhar_Melkor View Post
    what about let me think how to say it: Various armour styles for early time mid and later (like in the vanilla MTW2)
    So that Naggarythe looks at the end more like the future Druchii. Maybe include this as an event
    We are working on that. Please, read the thread about the new features for the 1.0 before suggest something else.
    Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by Ethien View Post
    What causes Demon armies to spawn? I've had armies spawn at turn 3 and then at turn 6. Considering their strength, this makes it very difficult to win.

I'll try my best (I'm playing VH) to do a campaign.
    I just started my campaign, I had 8 stacks of the 4 or so Daemon units (the Plaguebearers are an exceptionally cool-looking PITA ), almost one at each town but 3 around Morathi and my main stack.

Morathi's force cleaned house easy, losing like 10 men each time (I think there is a bug with the Repeater Bolt Throwers? The Loader died for no reason quite often but I was busy trying not to die to wait and see up close, will check in a custom battle later or something), but armies without sorcerers or 2-3 units of archers cannot win - even with repeated charges to the rear and surrounding.

So far the size and quality of the rebels does not bother me, I like having something to do while I build up my infrastructure; however with sorcerers and archers they pose zero threat, but without they can slaughter any equal sized professional army. I guess what I am getting at is perhaps the frequency and size of the Daemon stacks could be tweaked so they could pose a threat but not threaten to overwhelm you on their own just because you are playing on VH/VH

My opinion may change as I progress through the turns, but so far I have had to keep Morathi and my good units together so I can dispatch these armies - which keeps all of my units inside my realm and so my economy is suffering from no expansion! But I like a challenge ...
    Last edited by Marcus Tullius Cicero; April 26, 2012 at 01:29 PM.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the testing so far. I think my report will be pretty detailed, but I'm trying not to include missing bits or opinions on the other factions to keep it focused solely on Saphery.

I'll write more on it in my feedback, but I'd like to see the demons become their own faction that starts with towns much akin to the cultists. Right now I can simply circumnavigate around them, with the exception of the odd ambush (even then, I can withdraw and go around them).

I'll only draw the example to CoW, since it'll help articulate my point. The demons, I think, should have their own mini-settlements (akin to the beastmen), that aren't profitable, but simply permit to have a 'source' of the demons. Heavy stacks being there to make it an early challenge, but exterminating them would expunge the source of the demons near you, until you encounter another one.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

And plz make the mod hotseat -compatible.

Ekaddon's Avatar Tiro

On what part of the lore are the deamon armies based? Is there even room to add more of them, or even own settlements? Im asking, because I really do not know.

Im thinking of getting the three BL novels on the Sundering, anyone got opinions on their quality?

THIS^

To all testers, indeed, your feedback must be focused on your faction only. When you'll report about economy, units, unrest, balance, anything, it must be regarding your faction.
    I don't wanna see a tester of Ellyrion telling me Yvresse Sea Guard is too strong or too weak.

At the end of the test you are free to make a second little report with ideas, advices, requests and there you'll talk about anything.

regards

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

Can't wait to see 1.0 now. Again, the stability of this mod is damn great. I don't remember the last time I've played a mod with ZERO crashes.
    Last edited by Ethien; April 27, 2012 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekaddon View Post
    On what part of the lore are the deamon armies based? Is there even room to add more of them, or even own settlements? Im asking, because I really do not know.

Im thinking of getting the three BL novels on the Sundering, anyone got opinions on their quality?

You can get the Novels it is entertaining to some point but it is poorly written. Gav Thorp is just not a writer. If you ever wanna read some good stuff from Warhammer (fantasy or 40k) there are 3 names that come to my mind you will be sure to not waste your money :

- Dan Abnett
    - Graham Mcneil
    - Mike Lee

Dan Abnett wrote with Mike Lee the EXCELLENT Malus Darkblade Chronicles. Story of a harsh and rush Dark Elf noble. This is so far the best Warhammer fantasy novel i ve read (5 tomes of 350 pages but a new edition of two big tomes has been released). You will not was your money with this stuff. Dan Abnett is the magic word when it comes to Warhammer novels.

Graham Mcneill wrote for warhammer fantasy and 40k and he is good writer, at least pretty descent one for a Warhammer novel. When it comes to fantasy and elves, he wrote two novels which are pretty good : Defenders of Ulthuan and Sons of Ellyrion.

You can buy the 3 novels of the Sundering wrote by Gav Thorp it was one of my sources to build the lore of our mod (6 months of researches with thousands pages read). If you wanna know more about the Sundering go ahead, it is good stuff. But this is just 3/10 compared to a 10/10 Dan Abnett

The daemons spawning is based on this fact :

At the heart of Ulthuan lies a magical vortex, and the mages who created it remain trapped in a space out of time, endlessly working the spell that keeps the world from becoming a seething Realm of Chaos. It was made after the Great War against Chaos to close the way to the Warp and prevent any invasion from it.
    With the rebellion of Morathi, dark magic was spread across Ulthuan, using the winds of Magic to fight the war. This produced an unbalanced energy that disturbed the Vortex (without breaking it) but some very small and temporary breaches appeared here and there and some chaos stuff was able to pass, though, nothing like the hordes unleashed during the Great War.

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

Ekaddon's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by TWmadman View Post
    At the heart of Ulthuan lies a magical vortex
    Soo, give the Demons forts, make them look like a "Stargate" on stratmap, and call them "Vortex of Chaos" or something similarly cool? Settlements for them would be very, very lame.

Chaos simply does not build houses and towns.

THIS^

Oi, wait there, it seems like you have a slightly wrong idea regarding the vortex.

The vortex on the isle of dead was created in order to drain magic (and ergo deamons as well) from the world, not to allow them to enter. The deamons reach the world from the poles.

Due to the magic being drained towards the vortex, there is an above average flow of magical energy throughout the anulli mountains. This, combined with the disturbances of the civil war is the justification for the deamon spawn according to the fluff.

They don't have settlements in the campaign, they almost always they give it to the vile nagarythi. (Though knowing the M2TW AI, I wouldn't be suprised to see it reject settlements offered as a gift)

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    Oi, wait there, it seems like you have a slightly wrong idea regarding the vortex.

The vortex on the isle of dead was created in order to drain magic (and ergo deamons as well) from the world, not to allow them to enter. The deamons reach the world from the poles.

Due to the magic being drained towards the vortex, there is an above average flow of magical energy throughout the anulli mountains. This, combined with the disturbances of the civil war is the justification for the deamon spawn according to the fluff.

They don't have settlements in the campaign, they almost always they give it to the vile nagarythi. (Though knowing the M2TW AI, I wouldn't be suprised to see it reject settlements offered as a gift)
    Thanks for the explanation mate.
    Indeed the spawned daemons are supposed to come always from the Annulii, however we can't chose the exactly position where they will spawn. People will need to use the imagination and think that they have descended from the mountains to attack.
    We can't give them settlements because it wouldn't be lore wise. In fact I have made a script that force them to give their settlements to the cultist or nagarythe (depending on what faction are you playing)

Well, i have increased every factions kings purse by adding 0 so 10 times and i think the war has kicked off . Afcourse depense of preferences. Unrests are not so scarry now and i can upergrade cities in right time.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

I have been playing the Avelorn campaign with the Automatic management of the settlements activated (Financial mode) and I had not problems with the economy. Friend, you are a worse governor than the AI. hahahaha
    Of course there are a lot of kind of players. I suggest you to try other factions like Eataine. They have a lot more money than Avelorn. You need to use the merchants and look for trade rights.
    About the unrest it's easy to manage by building shrines of Asuryan, Isha temples and so (I'm speaking about the 0.5 closed beta)

U didnt get a point. More money, more armies, more battles, more fun. Actually i play now Eataine and as u said its a lot easier. As i mentioned i did rise up money for all factions so difficoulty is the same. Its just different playgame style. About Avelron, did u read my report? There is lot of issues with Avelron which makes yhis faction hard to play. Now i play on h/h with Eataine and getting well so not fair ya jokes are I luv this mod anyways and i found me own solution and me own way of playing.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

That's nice mate. I have read your report and we will take care of it. Don't worry.
    Enjoy the mod