Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions and Feedback

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Suggestions and Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Uber Mind View Post
    You make me look like i hate this mod .
    Well mate, after reading your post I really thought that you hate this mod lol
    I'm happy to hear that I was wrong.

Ekaddon's Avatar Tiro

Regarding unrest I have found that the early 20 turns (depends on faction) will be building religious&cultural buildings. This goes very well with the theme of civil war, and I think works relatively well.

I do not find it a problem since even the early game units are good enough to survive 100+ turns.
    However, I mostly turtle in my native region, and later play either in the Phoenix Kings pocket, or sack&destroy Naggarothi cities and castles. I never brake alliances or anything myself.

For a "turtle" player the mod suits very well.

I have a question on the war hydras, are they going to be improved somehow? I think i have lost something like 20 men in total in all battles against them. They are just so slow that they never have time to reach my men.

Is it possible to make them similar to Flamers of Tzeentch, and give them a "spit" (=shoot) attack? I have a WD with rules, lore and photos for IIRC 4 or 5 different types of Hydras, but they seem to have "acid spitting" as a common factor.
    Last edited by Ekaddon; April 21, 2012 at 08:23 AM.

THIS^

Quote Originally Posted by Ekaddon View Post
    Regarding unrest I have found that the early 20 turns (depends on faction) will be building religious&cultural buildings. This goes very well with the theme of civil war, and I think works relatively well.

I do not find it a problem since even the early game units are good enough to survive 100+ turns.
    However, I mostly turtle in my native region, and later play either in the Phoenix Kings pocket, or sack&destroy Naggarothi cities and castles. I never brake alliances or anything myself.

For a "turtle" player the mod suits very well.

I have a question on the war hydras, are they going to be improved somehow? I think i have lost something like 20 men in total in all battles against them. They are just so slow that they never have time to reach my men.

Is it possible to make them similar to Flamers of Tzeentch, and give them a "spit" (=shoot) attack? I have a WD with rules, lore and photos for IIRC 4 or 5 different types of Hydras, but they seem to have "acid spitting" as a common factor.
    we ve improved the building effects to counter the unrest problem, i hope you will not find it too easy now, but unrest will still be in the campaign.

for hydra we don t have any animator, find one and we ll fix that.

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

angus young's Avatar Ordinarius
    Villefranche de rouergue France in the south

Greating beta ! i m realy waiting the 1.0.
    I played some turns on campain and i saw that :
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Like you see... we can t read anything... puissance, réputation... plz change the color

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Will be fixed, old, old ui.
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; April 21, 2012 at 05:07 PM.

i think that upkeep of units is too high/expensive compare to income from all city..i play nagarythe, even i dont build any army yet, their garrison+current troop have a very costly upkeep...my opinion is to reduce all upkeep unit to a better condition

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by pojansetan View Post
    i think that upkeep of units is too high/expensive compare to income from all city..i play nagarythe, even i dont build any army yet, their garrison+current troop have a very costly upkeep...my opinion is to reduce all upkeep unit to a better condition
    Don't worry. As we have stated on the change log for the next version, the income issues have been solved.
    Regards!

Dean Martin's Avatar Tiro

I noticed that Chrace cannot recruit any elite hunters or White lion infantry is that normal or it is a bug?

I have a suggestion, would it be possible to create a sort of ulthuan united/army of the phoenix king. In other words, to incorporate local units in your army (given conditions like taking control of most of the territory of a kingdom, improving religion etc.)

Ekaddon's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Martin View Post
    I noticed that Chrace cannot recruit any elite hunters or White lion infantry is that normal or it is a bug?
    The White Lions did not exist during the war. They became the bodyguards of Caledor the First (and are his bodyguard in the mod). As a "regiment", I am fairly sure it happened a lot later.

THIS^

actually white lions existed during the sundering, they are just "chosen" warriors amongst the chracian hunters unit

they will be available when you ll play as Chrace. but believe me, VERY hard to get and VERY slow unit pool.

Ekaddon's Avatar Tiro

There seems to be a problem with Tor Elyr. My game freezes all the time when I try to fight a siege. The map is also stange, with water everywhere?

THIS^

Very nice! Can't wait for 1.0

Playing as Caledor, Dragon Lords can annihilate whole army by itself

The cultists and unrest gave me so much challenge, every time I assassinated Cultist Priests, another one will replace its place with full Piety

Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    I have a suggestion, would it be possible to create a sort of ulthuan united/army of the phoenix king. In other words, to incorporate local units in your army (given conditions like taking control of most of the territory of a kingdom, improving religion etc.)
    AOR (area of recruitment) would give some strategic incentive to take certain towns, rather than just a simple dominion. It would make sense to be able to recruit the local specialties.

Of course the con is that diversity would last for solely the beginning and possibly mid-game, until you've conquered more towns. Perhaps limiting their number to be recruited would work, so you wouldn't play as Averlorn and have three companies of Dragon Princes from Caledor.
    Total War Live Commentary: Click Here
    De Bello Mundi: Greek City States
    Third Age Total War: Arnor with MOS
    M&B: Warband: A Clash of Kings
    M&B: Warband: Gekokujo

warriors of hoeth, warriors of the cove, warrios of blackwood, warriors of drakespine, treekin, lost vale maiden, handmaidens of the everqueen, treeman, dryads are AOR units

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

I would appreciate it very much if you could make the campaign hotseat - compatible =). It´s fun to play with friends or to play more than one faction at the same time =). That would make the mod better in my opinion cause you don´t get betrayed by you're allies then.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; April 23, 2012 at 08:31 PM.

Dean Martin's Avatar Tiro

And what about Chracian elite hunters, they cannot be trained in barracks either, hope they will be available in 1.0 though

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Martin View Post
    And what about Chracian elite hunters, they cannot be trained in barracks either, hope they will be available in 1.0 though
    no unit will be left behind in 1.0 don't worry

Quote Originally Posted by TWmadman View Post
    warriors of hoeth, warriors of the cove, warrios of blackwood, warriors of drakespine, treekin, lost vale maiden, handmaidens of the everqueen, treeman, dryads are AOR units
    I haven't touched the campaign yet, so thats good to know.

What causes Demon armies to spawn? I've had armies spawn at turn 3 and then at turn 6. Considering their strength, this makes it very difficult to win.

I'll try my best (I'm playing VH) to do a campaign.