Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions and Feedback

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Suggestions and Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by TWmadman View Post
    take that in your face Kolwen! ha!
    Yeah mate, we have made it

I am enjoying the campaign as Caledor and I especially like the music.

1. I have a problem with my dragons though. They disappear! Often, but not always the unit number will halve when a battle starts. I start with 36 or 45 and the battle starts it becomes 21. Or if 21 it becomes 12. I had the same problem in Call of Warhammer with Steam Tanks, w/ no solution.

2. City unrest. Why are the people so pissy? They need constant happiness, law & order buildings or they become unhappy very quickly. I have seen AI cities get stuck in a loop where they lose the city to revolt, retake it back and put a large garrison in, only to immediately lose it again. This is with 100 percent religion.

Overall very good and surprisingly stable. DRAGONS!

Quote Originally Posted by nightwatch666 View Post

1. I have a problem with my dragons though. They disappear! Often, but not always the unit number will halve when a battle starts. I start with 36 or 45 and the battle starts it becomes 21. Or if 21 it becomes 12. I had the same problem in Call of Warhammer with Steam Tanks, w/ no solution.

2. City unrest. Why are the people so pissy? They need constant happiness, law & order buildings or they become unhappy very quickly. I have seen AI cities get stuck in a loop where they lose the city to revolt, retake it back and put a large garrison in, only to immediately lose it again. This is with 100 percent religion.

Overall very good and surprisingly stable. DRAGONS!
    1. i m not aware about this but we ll check this don t worry

2. as we said before, we will rethink the unrest setting of our mod, letting religious unrest (this is a religious civil war mate...) but balancing it and giving more tool to player to counter it effisciently

i m glad you like my soundtrack mate, took me months to make something good for all factions

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by nightwatch666 View Post
    Imagine that the dragons are elephants with a couple of riders. The numbers during the campaign that you can see are the amount of mounts plus the riders. However when you are in battlemap the number only represents the number of mounts. It's not a bug.
    Regards!

I started up a campaign or two as Avelorn and thought up a few suggestions. Possibly some of them have already been brought up - haven't read through every single post. Of course I have to preface this by saying that you've done a fantastic job and any/everything here is only meant to be constructive.

1) Overall everything is just a tad too fast-paced. By this I mean that the units seem to move very quickly on the battle map (certainly not the campaign map), we need a few turns to try and build up our economy before having to rush out and deal with the threats close to us, and there are a lot of pressing issues like overpopulation and cultist bishops to deal with right off the bat.

2) Settlements seem to be growing too quickly. I simply could not get the campaign in gear without some cheats to constantly reduce the population and add money to deal with the huge cost of upgrading settlements.

3) Wow is it a giant pain in the butt to try and get your units moved around as Avelorn. Lots of forests cutting off your movement (you're almost required to move a lot of them by boat).

4) It's really rather difficult to keep your people happy - perhaps this can be attributed to the overpopulation problem.

5) I called a cleansing - which is I guess the equivalent of a crusade - and I'm the only one that joined.

6) Maybe I was just being impatient, but it did seem a tad difficult to try and get the economy off the ground without a small amount of cheating.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by GrouchPotato View Post
    I started up a campaign or two as Avelorn and thought up a few suggestions. Possibly some of them have already been brought up - haven't read through every single post. Of course I have to preface this by saying that you've done a fantastic job and any/everything here is only meant to be constructive.

1) Overall everything is just a tad too fast-paced. By this I mean that the units seem to move very quickly on the battle map (certainly not the campaign map), we need a few turns to try and build up our economy before having to rush out and deal with the threats close to us, and there are a lot of pressing issues like overpopulation and cultist bishops to deal with right off the bat.

2) Settlements seem to be growing too quickly. I simply could not get the campaign in gear without some cheats to constantly reduce the population and add money to deal with the huge cost of upgrading settlements.

3) Wow is it a giant pain in the butt to try and get your units moved around as Avelorn. Lots of forests cutting off your movement (you're almost required to move a lot of them by boat).

4) It's really rather difficult to keep your people happy - perhaps this can be attributed to the overpopulation problem.

5) I called a cleansing - which is I guess the equivalent of a crusade - and I'm the only one that joined.

6) Maybe I was just being impatient, but it did seem a tad difficult to try and get the economy off the ground without a small amount of cheating.
    Thanks for the feedback Potato. The economy and the unrest are our priority at the moment. We are working on solve it.

Since you guys are running an open beta, I suggest putting a "Report a Bug" section up. Also, you might want to explain how to access your log.

Also, the log is set to trace just fyi

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Hello Fishrudder.
    You are on the Suggestions and Feedback forum, which serves to report bugs
    Don't worry about the log, if anyone found a bug that needs the game's log to be investigated I will personally explain him how to send me the file.
    Thanks for your suggestion mate.

hoi hoi again.

so i reinstalled the whole game... and now everytime i try to start the mod, the loadingscreen of the original game pops up for some seconds, and than it chrashes...

forget what i just said. i figured it out, and now everything is working. YAY

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by General_Motors View Post
    forget what i just said. i figured it out, and now everything is working. YAY
    Glad to hear it. Can you tell me what what the problem please?

i guess that lord of the rings mod somehow interfeared with The Sundering. maybe an error in the regestry. but i honestly dont know

The elven cities are intended to have only its walls retextured or the new textures are extended to the buildings like the dwarven cities in CoW? I have noticed that at least Tor Caled and few other has vanilla texture buildings inside, but I don't know if it is like this or...

I think the Drakenspine warrios have an excessive range, they started shouted cultist from the inner place when the enemies where still on the deploying zone.

I also don't know if it is intended but at turn 65-70 the cultists cities became all nagaritte.

The bodyguards of Imrik dont replein the casualties, I suffered ten casualties while battle Tzeench Pink Horrors a lot of turns ago and I have the same number of mens. But again I don't know if it is intended or not.

My priests are just pretty useless against the cultists clerics, one of them is winning the faith of my subjects and I have three followers of Asuryan on that region, maybe there is a way to produce more experienced clerics if the Asuryan temples are upgraded, giving bonuses to piety if the priest agent stays in that settelement.

I have finally experienced the civil war feeling, war erupts nearly everywhere Eataine had bad times and its recovering but I will need to travel north to face the nagarite, I have not seen a profesional army of them right now. But brilliant work mod team, Im on turn 77 and have really enjoyed this game.

As noteside the bug on the dragon princes seen to have dissapeared but I will test them on more field battles to see if it is true.

If I seen something noticeable I will post it, thanks for the mod

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Oznerol View Post
    The elven cities are intended to have only its walls retextured or the new textures are extended to the buildings like the dwarven cities in CoW? I have noticed that at least Tor Caled and few other has vanilla texture buildings inside, but I don't know if it is like this or...
    I made the dwarven cities for cow, and I will make the Elven ones, hopefully with the kavipannu's help.

I think the Drakenspine warrios have an excessive range, they started shouted cultist from the inner place when the enemies where still on the deploying zone.
    I will check their ranges, thanks for the feedback.

[QUOTE]
    I also don't know if it is intended but at turn 65-70 the cultists cities became all nagaritte.
    [/QUOTE ]
    Every turn, the cultist settlements have chances to be claimed by nagarythe. This is the way we have represented their vassal relationship. Thanks to that you can face nagarythe even being very far from their borders.

The bodyguards of Imrik dont replein the casualties, I suffered ten casualties while battle Tzeench Pink Horrors a lot of turns ago and I have the same number of mens. But again I don't know if it is intended or not.
    Are you playing with small unit scale? Perhaps he had too much bodyguards at the beginning.

My priests are just pretty useless against the cultists clerics, one of them is winning the faith of my subjects and I have three followers of Asuryan on that region, maybe there is a way to produce more experienced clerics if the Asuryan temples are upgraded, giving bonuses to piety if the priest agent stays in that settelement.
    Sure, your priest trained in great temples of asuryan will have more influence on the regions.

I have finally experienced the civil war feeling, war erupts nearly everywhere Eataine had bad times and its recovering but I will need to travel north to face the nagarite, I have not seen a profesional army of them right now. But brilliant work mod team, Im on turn 77 and have really enjoyed this game.
    Nice to hear that you are enjoying the campaign. Believe me, it will become better with the 1.0 version.
    Last edited by Kolwen; April 15, 2012 at 02:55 PM.

This is an excellent mod, I am very impressed, but, is the diplomacy supposed to be so generous? You can get a temporary peace with the Cultists for nothing

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Cultist are traitors. They will give you peace if they need it, however that will affect your standings with the phoenix king and you can be excommunicated. Then they will attack you

Could anyone give some tips how to play this mod?
    1. i am with naggarite in 150 turn on easy level and struggling with riots and creeping economy.
    2. not able to attack becouse iam fiting demoms hords (i think there is too many of them for present economical conditions) and civil revolts.
    3. cant build army, economy is too week and have no more money making buildings to built. And i have to keep lot o units in settlements to prevent riots.
    4. is it possible to realese submod like warcry for cow busting up an economy and built time?
    5.Move rate on campaign map is too short and slows down a game. The same ships.
    6.Why cant upgrade armor, there is only available for cultists i think. What for smith building then?
    7. Up to half way of campaign no single CTD. Mastership!
    8. Eaven shader ver. 2 with bloom works well during a battles.
    I have to say models are beautifull, and ulthuan is well done but i dont known how to play it. Please give us some guides becouse i think that mod is well worth the effort
    Also i have to add that storyline is so well done. Playing this mod is pure plesure. Not like buggy COW, when i got some many times pissed off.
    I already love this mod. Cant wayt for update.
    Last edited by Blaksmiff; April 16, 2012 at 02:44 AM.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

The squalor and the bad economy are well known issues.
    We have solved them and soon we will came with our first update.
    Meanwhile I suggest you to build as much merchants as possible and send them to the gold mines.

Well, I'm a bit torn on the unrest issue. It's a pain as it is now, but on the other hand, it was a time of strife, where brother fought brother, so this represents to me the difficulties of the time. Perhaps lowering the base unrest a bit.

I agree that cultist priests can be a pain, and there is one answer to that: churn out a bunch of priests of asuryan, combined with some assissins.

One thing for me though is that the deamons of chaos (aka rebel faction) almost always seem to give a settlement to Nagarythe. This is alright with me according to the lore, the problem is that nagarythe can't keep public order as well, making the settlement rebel, only to have it return to nagarythe. This causes a sort of fake stack spawn. For example, in my saphery campaign, Lothern rebelled, became part of nagarythe, but due to the cycle of rebellions, there are now 4 stacks of cultists of khaine and 3 stacks of deamons in that province. Now, the cultists I can handle (purge with fire, aka mages (if only I had enough money for archmages ) but the deamons will be tougher.

Perhaps make nagarythe rebellions not deamons but to a faction of the asur/loyalists if it would be possible.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    Well, I'm a bit torn on the unrest issue. It's a pain as it is now, but on the other hand, it was a time of strife, where brother fought brother, so this represents to me the difficulties of the time. Perhaps lowering the base unrest a bit.

I agree that cultist priests can be a pain, and there is one answer to that: churn out a bunch of priests of asuryan, combined with some assissins.

One thing for me though is that the deamons of chaos (aka rebel faction) almost always seem to give a settlement to Nagarythe. This is alright with me according to the lore, the problem is that nagarythe can't keep public order as well, making the settlement rebel, only to have it return to nagarythe. This causes a sort of fake stack spawn. For example, in my saphery campaign, Lothern rebelled, became part of nagarythe, but due to the cycle of rebellions, there are now 4 stacks of cultists of khaine and 3 stacks of deamons in that province. Now, the cultists I can handle (purge with fire, aka mages (if only I had enough money for archmages ) but the deamons will be tougher.

Perhaps make nagarythe rebellions not deamons but to a faction of the asur/loyalists if it would be possible.
    Yeah haha, that's intended. We were looking for the best way to boost Nagarythe and we wanted to avoid the stack spawn like other mods did. So we decided to let them spawn ther armies randomly as citi riots. After all most of the cultist were just citizens subjuged to the cults of pleasure.