Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions and Feedback

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Icon4 Suggestions and Feedback

Any comments or input to share?
    Do not be shy and send us a note. We want to know and try to make our mod better.
    Last edited by Kolwen; April 13, 2012 at 05:37 AM.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Suggestions

I suggest you guys to put the unit previews in the twcenter forum.

They delete mine. They prefer ( or Kolwen prefer) staying on Moddb.

Not only Kolwen, we think that is better put the previews in Moddb because the previews could be seen by more people, and all the previews must be upload by team members because we talk between us if it is the correct moment to upload the previews or not... and now isn´t the moment hehe, we want you to suffer a bit more hehehehe. But don´t worry Arandir, we will preview more units soon. Thank you for your support and enthusiasm, we appreciate it a lot

That's OK. but I think doing the two is a problem. I can upload the preview from Moddb without any problem, as I do for MB.
    And it will be easier for everyone, and more people will know you're mod.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

How restricting the previews to one website instead of 2 will make it possible for the mod to reach more people? Actually it is the opposite. Previews will only make people more interested. The more people interested the more possible people willing to give a hand to the modders. Also posting a preview is a good way to make good use of the forum you guys have been awarded.

It´s simple, we receive much more visits in Moddb than TWCenter, for example, in moddb when we upload one preview we receive more or less about 200 visits in one day, but in TWC in all the time that we have our own forum ( three days, isn´t it?), the visits don´t reach to the 50 visits. I´m not saying that in the future we won´t put our previews here, but is bad moment for us, we are very bussy in real life problems and we haven´t time yet to talk between us to take one or other way. Be patient friends

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Hello guys.
    Arandir, about your post, I removed it mainly because you had shown pictures that we are not ready to show.
    I know that TWmadman posted them in your forum, but I beg you to keep them in private by now. I hope you can understand it.
    About making previews in more than one site, it's a hard work to keep updated more than one forum. We have made previews in different communities in the past (Some TW communities, Moddb, TWC, our own forum, etc) but we have not time to do it right now.
    In addition, having all our previews in only one site, allow us to have statistics about the visits and a proper feedback about what we show. We simply can't be visiting all our preview sites to see what people thinks about one preview.
    It is not hard to click on the "SEE PREVIEWS HERE" link to have access to all the shown content.
    We have now a forum here, but we have been working with Moddb as main site for more than one year and we are not going to divide our efforts now. Anyways we are going to release here news about our latest units as we were doing during the last months. Something like: "Hey guys, new unit released on moddb!".
    Thank you very much for your patience.

yep, i made favor to the french community website. but in the end MODDB still our main "coming news" place to go and it is our choice.

honestly mates, you have the link to our MODDB page in the PREVIEW STICKY of our TWC forum, people only have to press one click... i don't think it is too harsh.

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

Krystoforos's Avatar Biarchus

You have fought for own forum on TWC site and you have it so why don't you use it now?
    If you don't have enough time for it give some permisions to one of users to help you.
    We know that there is "SEE PREVIEWS HERE" link to have access to all the shown content but for such information one thread (as previously) would be enough.
    I think that the main site should be TWC. Below each preview on modb you have one or few comments. Here it will be probably much much more.
    Last edited by Krystoforos; March 12, 2012 at 11:06 AM.

don't worry, as soon as the beta is opened (and it will happen soon enough) the forum will be full of activity and we will post soon the official new trailer HERE.

In fact the problem of Moddb is that the preview are not in one subject. you have to press other click to have more pictures. It has to be seen.

And as you know I am ready to do the preview, and this time using the one of Moddb, not my previous work.

Default Re: Suggestions and Feedback

Do not forget to post your suggestions and Feedback, try to avoid obvious things like "well guys you need to add banners!" because we know such things...

I m pretty sure what we expect by "suggestions and feedback". We would like to thank you downloading our mod and we hope you will enjoy it. We wish you good time with it and we count on the community to improve it!

Greetings,

I just registered in the forums. Have been a reader for a long time, but never felt the need to register and share my thoughts. I do now.

First of all: This mod is absolutely georgeous! Congratulations and thank you to the whole team. I've played several custom battles and started a Naggarythe campaign. There are a couple of things I'd like to mention - if they've already been adressed, skip it.

1) I think you said somewhere that Dragons have not been included for the campaign, since you don't like the animation. I beg to differ, the animations are absolutely campaign-worthy, pluse Caledor needs them. Any chance to include them with the first patch?

2) This had also been said somewhere, just wanted to reiterate it: Given the HUGE size of the map and the slow speed with which units are moving, ships definitely need more movement points.

3) Units are a tad too un-disicplined, IMHO. When I give sorceresses the order to run to the flank of the enemy, I expect them to do just that and not engage them in close combat.

4) I've already seen that this needs to be played very differently, but I had a somewhat odd experience. I stormed a Chrace settlement with my Naggarythe Forces (had a nice army amassed, three units of Whitch Elves, one unit of sorceress, one Hydra and one Manticore unit). They smashed through the normal militia like nothing, but then the Chrace General himself made his last stand on the central place. And boy, did he make a stand. I originally had inteded to wipe him out with my sorceresses, but he charged towards them, so I rushed my entire army at him (not the smartest thing, I know). They slaughtered my Manticores and Whitch Elves like they were nothing, they fell like flies. Then I wanted to outflank them with my sorceress, but the thing that I mentioned in 3) occured, so four of them went down, before they pulled back. I managed to kill them when I charged them from the back with my remaining Manticores and one unit of Whitch Elves. Is it supposed to be that hard to kill a general, or was my poor tactics responsible for that?

I tried a custom battle with the Elite Swordsman of Caledor against Yvresse units. They stood no chance. Is there any chance to take elite units down one on one?

Like I've said, this is the most interesting mod since TATW and CoW, it's really awesome!

Something else I just noticed (sorry for the double post, but I don't seem to be able to edit my last post):

The Apprentices of Saphery have a missile attack of 11, while Mages of Saphery have a missile attack of only 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamo View Post
    Greetings,

I just registered in the forums. Have been a reader for a long time, but never felt the need to register and share my thoughts. I do now.

First of all: This mod is absolutely georgeous! Congratulations and thank you to the whole team. I've played several custom battles and started a Naggarythe campaign. There are a couple of things I'd like to mention - if they've already been adressed, skip it.

1) I think you said somewhere that Dragons have not been included for the campaign, since you don't like the animation. I beg to differ, the animations are absolutely campaign-worthy, pluse Caledor needs them. Any chance to include them with the first patch?

2) This had also been said somewhere, just wanted to reiterate it: Given the HUGE size of the map and the slow speed with which units are moving, ships definitely need more movement points.

3) Units are a tad too un-disicplined, IMHO. When I give sorceresses the order to run to the flank of the enemy, I expect them to do just that and not engage them in close combat.

4) I've already seen that this needs to be played very differently, but I had a somewhat odd experience. I stormed a Chrace settlement with my Naggarythe Forces (had a nice army amassed, three units of Whitch Elves, one unit of sorceress, one Hydra and one Manticore unit). They smashed through the normal militia like nothing, but then the Chrace General himself made his last stand on the central place. And boy, did he make a stand. I originally had inteded to wipe him out with my sorceresses, but he charged towards them, so I rushed my entire army at him (not the smartest thing, I know). They slaughtered my Manticores and Whitch Elves like they were nothing, they fell like flies. Then I wanted to outflank them with my sorceress, but the thing that I mentioned in 3) occured, so four of them went down, before they pulled back. I managed to kill them when I charged them from the back with my remaining Manticores and one unit of Whitch Elves. Is it supposed to be that hard to kill a general, or was my poor tactics responsible for that?

I tried a custom battle with the Elite Swordsman of Caledor against Yvresse units. They stood no chance. Is there any chance to take elite units down one on one?

Like I've said, this is the most interesting mod since TATW and CoW, it's really awesome!
    thank you for your interest!

1) We are not satisfied yet but we are working on it
    2) We are awared of this don't worry
    3) Generals are hard to kill but did you faced the Chracian faction leader? Faction leaders are Heroes, followers of Aenarion himself who fought the War against the Chaos. Still we know unit balance need some work here and there

concerning elites, they are hard to kill but mate, they are very rare. their upkeep is very costly, building are slow to build and expensive and last stages of buildings are VERY slow and VERY expensives.

believe me, it will not possible for a player to have 5 stacks armies with 6 dragon guard of tor caled in each stacks. economy will barely allow you to have two maybe 3 stacks maximum and few elites.

this is why they are valuable

edited

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Thanks for the feedback. It's an honour for us that you have registered because of our mod. We are using the Reiksfart hero system, and the faction leaders are REALLY strong, specially the heroes like Charill, Lorichar, Malekith, Alith Anar, Tyriol or Caledor himself. Believe me, if anyone plays against Nagarythe and there is Malekith on the battle, it's better to run away

or even Morathi, if you face her, you'd better have damn big guns! lol

@TWmadman & Kolwen:

You were right. Now that I think of it, it was the Faction Leader. I was just shocked to see my Manticores - who had smashed the Chrace militia - falling like flies. And then a precious hydra died as well.

With what would you be able to kill the heroes? Is it even possible to kill these heroes. I see I've got to send Morathi into battle in my Naggarythe campaign.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast