Thread: "Who am I?" M2TW version (closed)

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: "Who am I?" M2TW version

France
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Aymer de Valence's Avatar Protector Domesticus

France
    Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!

France.

Moors

tudor93's Avatar Primicerius

Byzantines
    Înfrânt nu eşti atunci când sângeri,
    nici ochii când în lacrimi ţi-s.
    Adevăratele înfrângeri,
    sunt renunţările la vis.

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

A bit amazed this didn't turn up into the main bandwagon, I'm going with Moors.

So am I, Moorish Caliphate.

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Moors

Jagdpanzer's Avatar Praepositus

Moors or France, Moors or France, Moors or France,......I go for France.
    Last edited by Jagdpanzer; October 11, 2014 at 11:03 AM.

Parzival2211's Avatar Ducenarius

Fatimids

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Moors

Eh, going with Moors aswell I guess.

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Moors.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

King William the Conqueror's Avatar Campidoctor

Moors.
    I hold the blitz record for Medieval II (106 region in 7 turns) set in January 2024.

Check out my Youtube Channel: CosmicConqueror
    Proud Member of TWC since 2011!

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

More than two days have passed and more than enough of you have eventually guessed right so I'll reveal it now.
    I was, as far as I know, a faction I have never been in any of my previous maps and for the first time a muslim faction. I was:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The Moors!

The Moors are pretty easy, you make tons of money and if you can hold Sicily off at Algiers all you really have to "worry" about is some naval blockades. I could just chose when to go to war with the Iberian factions and got rid of Portugal first. Leon was a bit harder and had some big stacks walking around but nothing too much. Toledo was their last bastion but it was pretty ill-defended as their only remaining field army thought it was a good idea to go on vacation to the Pyrennees. Aragon has sent some big stacks to Valencia but since they never send a general with it and the units are pretty crappy they're easy to defeat.

France did really well and kicked the English off the Continent, although the latter were more focused on kicking the Scottish onto it. They then started a war against excommunicated Genoa and were the first to arrive at Toulouse. The only thing stopping them from taking Marseille and Genoa is the AI's somewhat lacking intelligence.

The Fatimids have done even better than normal but haven't managed to give the Crusaders the last push yet. They've now focused on getting those "Italian" infidels out of Africa and are succeeding, helped by the fact that Sicily is very weak and unable to launch any kind of counter-attack.

William Wallace has appeared in Scotland and has retaken Edinburgh as the Scottish had lost all it's regions on the British Isles.
    Last edited by lolIsuck; October 12, 2014 at 03:12 PM.

Excellent map, though I reckon you'll have trouble fighting France - not only do you have to fight on an expanding front, but the Catholics begin to really hate you by that point.
    Reminds me of my old Moor campaign a little. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13248823

Maybe I remember it wrong, but isn't the Bzantine Empire unusually strong in your game? Maybe it's just me, but I have rarely seen them hold all of Anatolia as well as all of Greece and Romania for that long.

I still haven't got my rep!

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Quote Originally Posted by Mongolhorde View Post
    Maybe I remember it wrong, but isn't the Bzantine Empire unusually strong in your game? Maybe it's just me, but I have rarely seen them hold all of Anatolia as well as all of Greece and Romania for that long.
    Since they've got professional units at the start they almost always steamroll everyone in the early campaign, so it's quite normal.
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    Since they've got professional units at the start they almost always steamroll everyone in the early campaign, so it's quite normal.
    It depends on how busy the Muslims are with each-other - the Byzantine's can hold out long against the Magyar's as long as the Muslims don't bother them, though eventually they will lag behind in technology (particularly after Gunpowder and New World Armour event) and be over-run either by renegade Catholics or the Seljuq's, following the path of history.

You should be glad they held out so long - if Constantinople had fallen in the late 7th century, or the Umayyad Caliphate had instead won at Tours, then a large portion of Europe would be Islamic by now. The Empire was the only bulwark against the Eastern invaders during the Early Medieval, and managed to retain the knowledge built up over centuries of Greek and Roman Civilization. The Early Renaissance was largely based around the Archaic teachings of Aristotle, Plato etc. Imagine if the Byzantine's had fallen by then - at the least you can expect a delayed Renaissance...The possibilities go on.

Anyhow, next map?? I would post mine, but am going to the Sahara soon-ish and can't give the map the time it deserves for people to guess.