Thread: Rifle Fire With Arrow Firing Sound

Default Rifle Fire With Arrow Firing Sound

First off, great mod, Eothese . After playing the Americas expansion, I thought how cool it would be to invade Europe as the Apaches or Aztecs and making more of North America available.

I found a few minor bugs in the 3.3 version and I even saw one of the them mentioned in the previous mod version bug reports. So far, all the gunpowder sounds have both gunfire sounds and arrow whistling sounds, including both Apache gun units and Spanish dragoons. You said you used some gunpowder units and you didn't hear it, so maybe it's a selective issue.
    And also, the villages in North America aren't tipis, they are Mesoamerican, even though all the units, the faction Apaches and rebels, are all Apache units. And the last thing is no subtitles for the Apache factions during battles (telling you about half the troops remaining, morale, winning the battle, etc.)

Overall minor issues to what is a fantastic mod that doesn't at all break it.

Default Re: Rifle Fire With Arrow Firing Sound

As regards the villages being meso, that's how they are in the Americas Expansion, not much I can do there. I will try and remember to take a look at the gunpowder/sound issue if I ever need to re-upload.

Not sure about subtitle related stuff, you might be able to enable them yourself via the .cfg although I'd recommend asking over in the mod workshop.

Many thanks for the feedback, either way.

I've been experimenting, trying to nail down this arrow sound from guns and it seems to only come from units that weren't in the vanilla game unsurprisingly. Also archers can't use flaming arrows.
    Recruited bodyguards aren't characters, they are just the standard bodyguard unit with a captain leading.
    Lastly, since the American factions weren't in the grand campaign, they can't build buildings in castles. Giving them the ability to convert the castle to a city or allowing them to build all the same buildings in a castle as they would a city..... which would be easier?

Just passing through.... I noticed you have a firing sound problem. I had one a while back while modding my elephants. With a little luck maybe the thread will help you fix your problem.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=372904
    - good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Iforgot View Post
    Just passing through.... I noticed you have a firing sound problem. I had one a while back while modding my elephants. With a little luck maybe the thread will help you fix your problem.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=372904
    - good luck
    Yeah, I hadn't edited the file in question, so that should be it.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonbladeMatt View Post
    And also, the villages in North America aren't tipis, they are Mesoamerican, even though all the units, the faction Apaches and rebels, are all Apache units.
    Will add hotfixes to adress both issues...