Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NTW III barebones compatibility

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

Default NTW III barebones compatibility

do you guys think that the NTW III barebons mod will be compatible with the darthmod?

Default Re: NTW III barebones compatibility

Map Pack for NTW III perfectly compatible with DarthMod Napoleon.
    MB: ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-E GAMING WIFI
    CPU: Intel Core i7 11700K
    COOLER: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    MEM: Corsair DDR 4 64Gb(16x4) 3600Mhz CL16 Vengance LPX
    VGA: RTX 3080 ZOTAC GAMING Trinity OC
    SSD 1: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S50 Lite NVMe M.2 2TB
    SSD 2/3:
    ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB
    PS: Corsair HX850 Series 80+ Platinum 850W
    CASE: Full-Тower Corsair Graphite 780T
    Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B 31.5", WQHD(2560 x 1440), 165Hz, 1ms, HDR10, ELMB

Tiro

Agnes, are you saying it IS perfectly compatible with Darthmod? I have downloaded the NTW III map pack version 2, but it is am exe file. I haven't installed because I am worried it will break my Darthmod.

Quote Originally Posted by Bendit View Post
    Agnes, are you saying it IS perfectly compatible with Darthmod? I have downloaded the NTW III map pack version 2, but it is am exe file. I haven't installed because I am worried it will break my Darthmod.
    In user.script you need to write:

mod NTW3_maps_a_f_v2.pack;
    mod NTW3_maps_g_z_v2.pack;
    mod NTW3_maps_hist_v2.pack;
    mod NTW3_maps_lmc_v2.pack;
    MB: ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-E GAMING WIFI
    CPU: Intel Core i7 11700K
    COOLER: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    MEM: Corsair DDR 4 64Gb(16x4) 3600Mhz CL16 Vengance LPX
    VGA: RTX 3080 ZOTAC GAMING Trinity OC
    SSD 1: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S50 Lite NVMe M.2 2TB
    SSD 2/3:
    ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB
    PS: Corsair HX850 Series 80+ Platinum 850W
    CASE: Full-Тower Corsair Graphite 780T
    Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B 31.5", WQHD(2560 x 1440), 165Hz, 1ms, HDR10, ELMB

Tiro

Thanks for the install tips agnes69. Great.

Bendit, I look forward to your feedback. I would love to have more battlemaps that work with DarthMod. I play Single Player custom battles, so please post if this functions well. If so, could you let me know where to download the mod, and how to implement it? This 'barebones' and 'user.script' is new to me... in other words: talk me through it.

Thanks!

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

Sorry, double post
    Last edited by Leoben; March 08, 2012 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Double post

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

If I'm not mistaken, here you go: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=469999

Edit: Barebone NTW3 mod is a mod which uses NTW3's gameplay changes and nothing else (although Fog of war has been excluded from it). The NTW3 historical battles are an entirely different thing.

Sorry for the double post, please delete the first one.
    Last edited by Leoben; March 08, 2012 at 03:35 PM.

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

Hm... What's the difference with the link I've posted before?

Strange, the mod content does not mention new battle maps...

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

As I said just two posts higher...

Quote Originally Posted by Leoben View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, here you go: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=469999

Edit: Barebone NTW3 mod is a mod which uses NTW3's gameplay changes and nothing else (although Fog of war has been excluded from it). The NTW3 historical battles are an entirely different thing.

Sorry for the double post, please delete the first one.

Ah yes, I see. I mixed things up. I need the map pack so where do I find that and how do I install/ use it? Thanks!

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

oh haha my apologies sir

here is everything NTW III ver 2.0. you will find map pack, etc.but note NTW III barebones is something entirely different and i would not see it compatible with DarthMod Napoleon.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=525874

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by geritdriessen View Post
    Bendit, I look forward to your feedback. I would love to have more battlemaps that work with DarthMod. I play Single Player custom battles, so please post if this functions well. If so, could you let me know where to download the mod, and how to implement it? This 'user.script' is new to me... in other words: talk me through it.
    Okay. Here's a few brief impressions. Firstly, there are a lot of new maps for single battles. I didn't count, but there must be at least 50 new ones, including some famous locations such as Austerlitz. I cannot really vouch for that battlefields authenticity, not knowing it too well, although I did recognize Pratzen heights.

I have only started seven or eight skirmishes to look at the maps. What I liked about them was that the terrain features are not just mirrored, like the boring default NTW single battle maps. I liked how the maps had a more believable system of roads, fields and trees, but some of the maps I previewed looked a bit low on detail. There seemed a lot of expansive grassy areas. But if you have wanted more custom maps with plenty of room to maneuver you will love them.

NTW III dowload links here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=418835
    You only need the Map Pack (468mb). It is a simple installer. Just point it at your NTW folder. It takes a while to unpack.

Then, as Agnes69 said, in user.script you need to add:

mod NTW3_maps_a_f_v2.pack;
    mod NTW3_maps_g_z_v2.pack;
    mod NTW3_maps_hist_v2.pack;
    mod NTW3_maps_lmc_v2.pack;

To do that, start the Darthmod Launcher, go to edit / custom user script. This will bring up your user.script file in Windows Notepad. Add the lines above and save the user.script file. Then in Darthmod launcher, go to settings / enable custom user script. And play.

The new maps have worked fine for me, and credit to the team who did them because map making seems to be quite rare, and I assume, difficult for NTW.
    Last edited by Bendit; March 08, 2012 at 10:29 PM.

@Bendit: thank you so much for taking the time to help me out. Really appreciate it!

The battlefields look fantastic, and they're huuuuge... Plenty room to maneuver . Cudos to the maker(s) of these maps.

One question: to identify the map you have to click on an empty bar in the list, correct? I mean, the vanilla maps are listed, but the new ones are not listed at the left, only have their name and the illustration of map at the top right. It's not a big problem for me (searching takes a bit longer but what the ), just checking if this as it's supposed to look like.

Again a big thanks to you!

Tiro

You are welcome Geritdriessen. It's only because of Darth and HussarlTW and Agnes69 helping me recently that I can do this myself. So it's nice to be able to help someone else.

I have the same small issue with the new map names not being listed on the left, but I figure it's not a big deal. Have fun.

Hey guys why you do not make a sub mod for DarthMod? The only thing you need is a package of working packs and detailed instructions like you do in the posts above. If it does work and you support it in sub-mods forum I'll make a launcher for you to start it automatically.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast