Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Crashing

Default Re: Crashing

Quote Originally Posted by somewone View Post
    what do you mean.
    Well, I presume you have a laptop, and as you said you have the Intel HD 3000 graphics card which will use your system RAM if you play resource demanding games, which Third Age is. If I were you, I would test to lower all video options in TATW settings and see does that work ( like, anti alias.. off, campaign and battle shadows off, lowest texture setting, small unit size etc. ).

All these creature units use lot of resources ( Ents, Mumakil, Spiders, Sauron, Balrog .. ) and the question is can your system handle it. The M2TW engine which Third Age uses is built to use only one core of your Processor, so, if you have a quad core or better, it doesn`t matter, M2TW/ TATW will stil use just one core.

You could try this FPS Booster, and see does it help you: LINK.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

no it still not works i have tried to lower my unit size but it not workd. and the FPS Booster also. but before i started a custom battle with small unit size my game worked fo a little second with ents againts mumakil, spiders and sauron.

Hmmm.. right mouse click on your Computer icon and go to Properties, and there you will get an info about what processor ( CPU) and amount of RAM you have. Post the results, and also, what Windows do you have ( Win XP, 7 - 64 bit or 32 bit) and is your M2TW Steam, or non steam version?
    Last edited by ElvenKind; July 12, 2013 at 03:16 AM.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

i have windows 8 because of that i can not find it i have this laptop 2 months and i don't no eveerything about it. have a non steam version.

Ah, Windows lovely 8.. You can find more info here on how to find system info: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52cwvHWtLPM
    After you find the info, post it so we could see can we give you some advice.
    Last edited by ElvenKind; July 12, 2013 at 01:28 PM.

RAM 4,00 GB, 3,88 GB avaible

RAM 4,00 GB, 3,88 GB avaible
    Also, what processor ( CPU) you have? Intel or AMD, and is it 2.4 GHz - or lower or higher? This info is crucial too. Your amount of RAM is good..

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2312M CPU @ 2.10 GHz 2.10 GHZ

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2312M CPU @ 2.10 GHz 2.10 GHZ
    Hmm, your CPU is good, and it should play TATW on medium settings, your problem is your video card cause it is not strong enough and can't keep up with TATW complex battle models etc.. Either avoid battles which include Ents, Spiders Mumakils, Sauron.. or auto resolve them, or use M2TW cheats for these battles..

Or, check is there a way to buy a better video card and replace this one which you have. You can get info regarding this in The Basement, a tech forum section of TWC, you can find it on the main page of TWC ( I am not at home so can't give you the link).

okay but thank you with this.

Hi.
    I tried to install the game today, I followed the instruction of Moddb concerning Steam, but when I launch it by the launcher it crashes everytime without an error message. Sometimes I get to see the loading screen, but most of the time my screen just go black and then crashes to desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by LaggeRRR View Post
    Hi.
    I tried to install the game today, I followed the instruction of Moddb concerning Steam, but when I launch it by the launcher it crashes everytime without an error message. Sometimes I get to see the loading screen, but most of the time my screen just go black and then crashes to desktop.
    Hello there and welcome to TWC Forums!

1. What Windows do you have ( Vista, XP, 7 or 8 ) ?

2. Did you install all four TATW Installers?

Thank you!
    I'm on Windows 7, and since my post I uninstalled everything related to M2TW and TATW in order to follow the procedure described here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...eed-help/page2
    May be that'll help. If it doesn't I'm not sure about what I should do.

If that doesn`t work, go here ( LINK ) and apply these steps which are explained there in the pictures:

1. Edit the security for your main M2TW folder ( ..steam/steamapps/../ Medieval II Total War )

2. Remove or uninstall currently failed installation of TATW from your ..steam/steamapps/../ Medieval II Total War/ mods folder. ( if you renamed one of your Kingdoms campaign folder, just delete the one which contains TATW files ) If you already did this, then procced to the next step..

3. Verify steam game cache as explained, and after that, Install TATW using one of the STEAM methods mentioned in my thread, or, use the one shown in the pictures - Renaming one of Kingdoms campaign folders.

4. After the installation is done, check does your TATW work ( check can you start a campaign .. )

NOTE!
    If it works and you have free space on your Hard Drive, I would suggest to make a backup copy of TATW folder - ( Renamed Kingdoms campaign folder) somewhere so you can just copy paste it back in case you need to install a submod, or, in case you screw up some installation and need a backup file .

5. To prevent battle crashes at the start of battle, Disable daylight saving settings, go to Control Panel, Clock, Date and Time, Change the time zone, Change time zone, uncheck `Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Savings time`. Apply and OK.

Good luck!
    Last edited by ElvenKind; July 17, 2013 at 04:31 PM.

Heide's Avatar Laetus

Woah! Here we go again and sorry for botherin (again)

So let's start with specs : Steam, W764bit, powerfull uber PC.

TATW + MOS 1.5

I play with Isengard and getting interesting CTD when ending turn! turn 36-37 it always crashes when that end of turn thing reaches Harad! It just says "M2tw encountered an unspecified error and will now exit" Weird! Any ideas how to fix?

Quote Originally Posted by Heide View Post
    Woah! Here we go again and sorry for botherin (again)

So let's start with specs : Steam, W764bit, powerfull uber PC.

TATW + MOS 1.5

I play with Isengard and getting interesting CTD when ending turn! turn 36-37 it always crashes when that end of turn thing reaches Harad! It just says "M2tw encountered an unspecified error and will now exit" Weird! Any ideas how to fix?
    It is better to post about CTDs in MOS thread, perhapse the MOS Team can fix it. Upload your savegame, and all log files ( they are in your ../ M2TW/ logs folder.

I recently uninstalled 3.2 and it was working fine then but now that ive reinstalled it all i get is a loading screen for a brief second and then it CTDs with no error report.
    Its frustrating because Ive re downloaded this mod at least 4 times already and reinstalled M2TW twice and have disabled UAC and it still is not working. I would very much appreciate any help in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Noob modder View Post
    I recently uninstalled 3.2 and it was working fine then but now that ive reinstalled it all i get is a loading screen for a brief second and then it CTDs with no error report.
    Its frustrating because Ive re downloaded this mod at least 4 times already and reinstalled M2TW twice and have disabled UAC and it still is not working. I would very much appreciate any help in the matter.
    What Windows do you have?

Is your M2TW Steam or non steam version?

i have windows 7 and non-steam M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by Noob modder View Post
    i have windows 7 and non-steam M2TW
    There is a thread with pictures for proper installation ( LINK ) and these are the steps you should do which are explained there:

Edit the security for your main M2TW folder, unhide hidden folders, and go to Virtual Store and if you have M2TW folder located there, delete it. Test your TATW again, if it doesn`t work, install it like this:

1. Uninstall TATW using Control Panel\ Uninstall program.

2. Delete manually Third_Age_3 folder in your C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods folder ( or, if you installed M2TW somewhere els, like for example in D: \ Games\ Medieval II Total War, then delete it there in D: \ Games\ Medieval II Total War\ mods folder ).

3. Install all four TATW parts - TATW part 1 and part 2, TATW patch 3.1 and TATW patch 3.2 ( CHECK the INSTALLATION paths carefully for ALL Installers, in your case it should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Games\Medieval II Total War, or, if you have installed M2TW somewhere els, like for example in D: \ Games\ Medieval II Total War, then installation path is D: \ Games\ Medieval II Total War for all installers ).

Good luck!