I haven`t have much time to play 2.25 but I have had a go on the Peninsular campaign.

Playing GB, complacently I assumed that by attacking a smaller French force it would do it`s usual stumble forward dragging it`s guns behind.

I must say I was pleasantly surprised to see the French sitting in formation protecting its guns while I attempted to bring my lines into range, man did they take a pounding.

I then sent forward 600 cav that were repulsed, in the end I barely won, the remnants of my units taking shelter below a ridge as the French guns pounded at me.

I've also seen the AI switch from offensive to defensive when he knows his flanks are threatened....all of the above is a breath of fresh air.

Now I know that each battle will be defensive or offensive, however, I do believe that the superior numbers on the defensive syndrome still exists, meaning if the AI is attacked and has more men it will go on the offensive, in most cases throwing away any sort of geographical superiority he has.

I also witnessed a Prussian army withdrawing while leaving a rearguard that charged my lines while the general a couple of battered units and two batteries of gun marched off the table, that was a first, I was so impressed I allowed them to go.

On a final note, the smoke is so good now I can`t see anything, fantastic, the sense of confusion, I never run up and down the enemy lines, always staying within my own, certainly puts new pressure on.
On several occasions enemy troop movements have been completely screened by the FOW allowing him to manoeuvre without me unrealistically eagle eyeing him.

Peace