Thread: What is a "campaign file" - Trying to change the number of turns per year

Default What is a "campaign file" - Trying to change the number of turns per year

Hello,

I'm trying to find how to change the number of turns per year from 4 to say 12. I've found a couple of threads, but the suggestions either don't work or don't make sense.

I've created a new campaign and saved the game before pushing the end turn button. This post seems fairly straight forward, but from what I've read ESFEditor 1.4.8 isn't stable, nor can it save data correctly. I've tried the ESFEditor 1.4.6, but it hasn't made a difference to the number of turns per year.

I've tried to follow this tutorial, but to be honest it's missing a couple of important details - details which if you know what to look out for you wouldn't need such a tutorial. My problem is with the first couple of steps:

Open the latest patchX.pack that has a campaign file in it and extract it using PFM.
    I'm assuming it means the patchX.pack files in the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data, but as for what a "campaign file" is I'm at a loss - I'm assuming it has a standard name and path within the patch?

Thanks for your help.

Miles

Default Re: What is a "campaign file" - Trying to change the number of turns per year

Using the ESF editor, do the following. Where it currently shows 12 in the "Campaign_Calendar", it will normally show 4. Change it to however many turns you like. Do this on any saved game, when you save it back down and reload the game it should work traight away.