Page 9 of 78 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW.

Default Re: [Submod]The King of Rivers and Hills/Kings of Westeros. New Update First post.

This is looking very very nice indeed

Default Re: [Submod]The King of Rivers and Hills/Kings of Westeros. New Update First post.

Whilst I obviously love the Bolton one, it only needs one L my dear Noobas.

Lead Writer on:
    The War of the Usurper Submod
    King of Rivers and Hills Submod

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Insider joke

This is my 1000st post, I planned to release it with this post, but we've found more awesome things to add and improve (mainly in the graphic department) so a release will be delayed.
    Don't worry though, all the coding work is done, all we're doing now is polishing.
    Last edited by Dux; April 14, 2012 at 05:48 PM.

Well now I feel very silly, off to the North thread to see if I can find said joke! Huzzah!

Lead Writer on:

@luke1608 I hate to be annoying, but "Ruling" is spelled qrong in your sig. It should be "Ruling" not "Rulling" xD

look 3 post's above yours Dearg
    coder and tester for the King of River and Hill submod
    coder, mapper and scripter for War of the Usurper submod

Karazor's Avatar Miles

so the pollishing how much do you think it will take months or weeks not a exact number just if its month or weeks till it's done

Gaming Emeritus

well that is the question. I've always wanted to say this: It is done when its done.

My estimation is the end of this month.

perhaps you could give a preview dux? that would keep em satisfied for the mo

Quote Originally Posted by luke1608 View Post
    Whilst I obviously love the Bolton one, it only needs one L my dear Noobas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dearg Doom View Post
    @luke1608 I hate to be annoying, but "Ruling" is spelled qrong in your sig. It should be "Ruling" not "Rulling" xD
    FAQ !

i guess i'll have to redo em

ps

@ Dux

happy 1000 posts!
    Last edited by Noobio; April 14, 2012 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobas View Post
    i guess i'll have to redo em
    I think I shall keep the rulling one forever /muhuhahahahaha

Lead Writer on:

just spared me the bore of redoing it

i've corrected mine though

ps
    and here's another one
    Last edited by Noobio; April 15, 2012 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    well that is the question. I've always wanted to say this: It is done when its done.

My estimation is the end of this month.
    If you can have this done by the end of the month i will give you cake!

*The cake is a lie*

Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills/Kings of Westeros. New Update First post.

New faction selection screen preview, including the new symbols, description, custom portrait and the map with starting positions of all factions.:

Karazor's Avatar Miles

Default Re: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills/Kings of Westeros. New Update First post.

question the isles of driftmark and dragonstone who do they belong to , or do they even have setlements?

Gaming Emeritus

At the moment they have settlements and belong to targaryen rebels with large rebel stacks. However, the Targaryens and Valaryans are way out of our time-frame. We've had a discussion about it and perhaps we'll remove the two territories all together and add Claw Isle.

Karazor's Avatar Miles

and so will driftmark and dragonstone be part of claw ile teritory so so whoever controls claw ile will ahve as par of the province terrain driftmark and dragonstone?

It`s somewhat hard to determine which of the yellow factions controls what- I`d exchange some yellow for other colors.

Apart from that i really love the "spread of the factions" it looks very interesting indeed, especially the north and dorne should see much more action than they will in the main mod. I`m pretty excited.

I wonder whether there is any lore supporting other houses, mayhaps in future versions? I`m not really that informed about the far past of westeros. But it would be nice to increase the "carve your own kingdom out" feeling even more by adding more factions, if reasonable. If not, well, then one could consider turning a few minor houses that border an enemy faction of their liege into playable houses- As long as they border an enemy, and have a good relation with their "liege", they won`t be too backstabby.

The reason for my interest in even more houses is: In the main mod most factions start with a huge territory, and you don`t really get that feeling of "building" your own kingdom. (Except when playing Stannis or Frey..)
    Last edited by Lordinquisitor; April 16, 2012 at 11:59 AM.

weve been discussing that on the devs forum and looked like a possibility .

also if you are strugling with the yellow all on the west is hoare the most southern is yronwood and the eastern is stormkings

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Lordinquisitor View Post
    It`s somewhat hard to determine which of the yellow factions controls what- I`d exchange some yellow for other colors.

Apart from that i really love the "spread of the factions" it looks very interesting indeed, especially the north and dorne should see much more action than they will in the main mod. I`m pretty excited.

I wonder whether there is any lore supporting other houses, mayhaps in future versions? I`m not really that informed about the far past of westeros. But it would be nice to increase the "carve your own kingdom out" feeling even more by adding more factions, if reasonable. If not, well, then one could consider turning a few minor houses that border an enemy faction of their liege into playable houses- As long as they border an enemy, and have a good relation with their "liege", they won`t be too backstabby.

The reason for my interest in even more houses is: In the main mod most factions start with a huge territory, and you don`t really get that feeling of "building" your own kingdom. (Except when playing Stannis or Frey..)
    Our ideas for the next version is basically this. Expanding on the petty kingdoms concept. We have a whole list of 2 or 3 factions we could add per region in the development social group.

As for the yellow factions, in game it is pretty clear I thought. Yronwood is light yellow, Baratheon is darker and hoare is almost golden.