Page 67 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1742575859606162636465666768697071727374757677 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1547

Thread: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW.

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW. NEW PATCH RELEASED!

Hey, so when I try to start a campaign in KORAH the game crashed with an "unspecified error". Has anyone else had this\knows of a fix? I would love to start hotseating with this mod. Thanks!

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW. NEW PATCH RELEASED!

Never mind. I downloaded the patch and now it's all good.

Great Mod! Thanks for all the hard work. I have a question though. One of the first things I do for every TW mod is delete that pesky show_years_as_turns line in the descr_strat file. While in there I noticed this mod is set in "modern" times at 300AL-900AL. Although the mod description says "Over 1000 years before Aegons Landing" the awoiaf wiki timeline lists -700AL as the year the Starks subdued the Boltons and the Iron Islands held the areas they hold in the mod. So I set the years at -750 to 100 just because that kind of thing is important to me, but I wonder if that will screw up any events. I looked at the descr_events file which had a bunch of discoveries and plagues in the 200's (the recent past for the mod dates but far future for my change) but I am curious if certain mod specific events wont fire if I set the time back. Also curious if it will affect my ability to build higher tier buildings if the discovery event isn't set to kick off for 700+ years.

TLR - If I change the start and end years in descr_strat will I screw up any mod specific events or buildings?

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Don't think so. The scripts are set on turns.

I never got around to changing the age, as I always just use turns.

Dux are you working at this mod yet? I read here a lot of good ideas like making the Marsh King fraction or maybe something in Vale? Tradiconaly you can make same movemnts to creating the wall Merry Chirstmas guys

Axis Sunsoar's Avatar Domesticus

I was just screwing around and modding my family into this mod instead of Lannister, because I could, but then all of the Lannister family members( now my family) wound up with Crakehall models on the campaign map!

Not really a big problem, just found it kind of interesting. Any ideas?

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Do they have HouseCrakehallMember traits? (or whatever you renamed that trait?) the trait are linked to the strat models

No, I made a completely new trait for them. Maybe the game just decided house Crakehall trait was the closest thing?

Must be... although (dont need to check over xmas ) anywhere on your new trait did you mention level?
    Effect Loyalty 1
    Effect Level 5
    Effect HitPoints 1

Something like that?
    If so remove the level 5 and you should have lannister strat models (not that it matters)

That might be the problem, I'll check. It's not really a big deal, I just thought it was a little weird

Follow up question. Where can I edit ancillaries for princesses?
    Last edited by Axis Sunsoar; December 24, 2013 at 05:31 PM.

Do you need the original westeros .53 to play this? or do I need the enhanced westeros. or do I not need any of them?

It is a mod folder so you don't need it (dont need it for any submod)

Anyone know if you're able to select your faction heir in this mod? It pissed me off that in the vanilla game, the faction heir was chosen completely at random. I don't want some benefactor to become the heir to the Atark house as opposed to a trueborn son

If I remember you aren't able to select your hier

Do you know if the game has an inbuilt preference for trueborn children (preferably the eldest) of the faction leader? And whether the game will choose the eldest son to be the faction heir once he comes of age?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterKillJoy View Post
    Do you know if the game has an inbuilt preference for trueborn children (preferably the eldest) of the faction leader? And whether the game will choose the eldest son to be the faction heir once he comes of age?
    No because it uses the m2tw engine, which chooses it by authority. Or if the faction uses tectonic family tree, then command.

I found a way to make it so that your able to choose who's going to be the next faction her. Basically changed the export_descr_ancillaries.txt and export_ancillaries.txt the exact same way that they did it in the Next Heir Ancillary mod for Stainless steel, and it works like a beaut. And of course you'd need to transfer the ancillary crown to the next character the same way they did it in that mod, but hey, its better than nothing right?

Thanks for making this mod btw lads, I'm a huge fan of asoiaf and all of GRRM's work.

Hello.

Is there any section where issues like crashes are talked about? My game crashes whenever I start a campaign.

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Try the solutions of bugs on the first page.

Can you post your log? Found in kingofriverandhills/logs

I am unable to extract the file to 7zip. Whenever I try to download the file from any link, it ends up as an icon for internet explorer and the option for opening with 7zip is available but the option for extracting to 7zip is not. Also, now it seems that Westeros Total War will not work at all. Help?