Page 63 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1338535455565758596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1547

Thread: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW.

Default Re: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW. NEW PATCH RELEASED!

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Adding the dragon units would make the campaign ridiculously easy for House Targaryen players. Just stating these ideas does not make it easy.
    I don't think adding the Dragons as an actual units is a good idea.

I believe my original idea of representing the Dragons via Ancillary's for each of the riders would be best, for example Balerion for Aegon giving him + Troop Moral & Hitpoints. The Ancillary's would be powerful and give the riders a much needed edge when they clash with House Targaryens numerous enemy's in Westeros, and naturally each of the riders would have 10 Command. (Aegon, Visenya and Rhaenys) I'd also start House Targaryen with control over most of The Crownlands, as The War starts when Aegon lands in Westeros. (If they only controlled Dragonstone, they would never get anywhere under AI control) When Aegon landed he sent Visenya and Rhaenys to subdue the local lords; Rosby yielded to Rhaenys and Visenya took Stokeworth without any bloodshed. The Darklyns of Duskendale and Mootons of Maidenpool did put up a fight but were easily beaten. So Rosby, Stokeworth, Duskendale and Maidenpool along with a fort named Aegon's Landing that could maybe turn into Kings Landing via a script of some kind? (Kind of like how Wolfs Den turns into White Harbor) Aegon would also have Dragonstone and Drfitmark.

The seven rulers at the time were:
    Torrhen Stark, King in the North.
    Ronnel Arryn, King of the Vale, a young boy whose mother, Sharra Arryn, ruled as Regent.
    Harren Hoare, King of the Iron Islands and the Riverlands.
    Loren I Lannister, King of the Westerlands.
    Mern IX Gardener, King of the Reach.
    Argilac Durrendon, King of the Stormlands.
    Mariya Martell, Princess of Dorne, a blind, balding woman of 80. Known as the Yellow Toad.

Certain locations such a Harrenhal & Aegon's/Kings Landing would need to be added. House Mudd would need to be removed also as they have died out, The Riverlands should also have low public order.

Default Re: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW. NEW PATCH RELEASED!

House Tully would need to be represented as well in my opinion. Edmyn Tully led the Riverlands revolt against House Hoare. Aegon rewarded the Tullys with the Riverlands in return.

Having issues as Stark...my heir never marries or has children, no matter what. I Have tried keeping him in towns, conquering more territories, killing off generals...nothing helps. Any ideas?

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Once it was called Dragonborn but they changed it to Dragondawn, you can check the mod forums and I'm sure you will find it, I'm just on my phone right now

I don't follow that mod or know much about the dragons, but I'm pretty certain they gave them elephant models and they are just running through the enemy lines and beating the crap out of them, much like Sauron in TATW only much bigger and better looking

Soul, your idea is quite nice actually. That sounds actually very plausible and also very fun gameplay

Maybe the Ancillary can give a lot of troop moral to you and takes out a lot for the enemy. Also lots of command, pretty much do everything so that this ancillary is a VALUABLE thing to have . Tho I stick with the notion that having actual dragons is much better

Low public order for the Riverlands is nice, nice addition .
    Btw where did you find the names of the Arryn FL and the Martell one?

Seriously, I'm really considering starting a mod like that, do my best to learn some modding skills . Tho it doesn't seem so hard, only add KL and Harenhall to the game and a lot of Descr_strat editing....,

I'll think of it

Quote Originally Posted by uriyaca View Post
    Soul, your idea is quite nice actually. That sounds actually very plausible and also very fun gameplay

Maybe the Ancillary can give a lot of troop moral to you and takes out a lot for the enemy. Also lots of command, pretty much do everything so that this ancillary is a VALUABLE thing to have . Tho I stick with the notion that having actual dragons is much better
    The Ancillary's giving Troop Moral and Hitpoints makes the most sense as the characters with them would already have 10 command and Dragons would inspire the troops while making the rider very hard to kill. Like Dux said adding an actual dragon presents some level of difficulty, its not as simple as "borrowing" a units skin from another mod and slapping it onto an elephant. As Dux put it, just stating these ideas does not make it easy.

Seriously, I'm really considering starting a mod like that, do my best to learn some modding skills . Tho it doesn't seem so hard, only add KL and Harenhall to the game and a lot of Descr_strat editing....
    Not to spill dragon-blood over your dreams, but it would be a lot more than just editing descr_strat.

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    The Ancillary's giving Troop Moral and Hitpoints makes the most sense as the characters with them would already have 10 command and Dragons would inspire the troops while making the rider very hard to kill. Like Badger said adding an actual dragon presents some level of difficulty, its not as simple as "borrowing" a units skin from another mod and slapping it onto an elephant. As Dux put it, just stating these ideas does not make it easy.

Not to spill dragon-blood over your dreams, but it would be a lot more than just editing descr_strat.
    Very true, the descr_strat part is actually one of the easiest and less time consuming parts. But do not let that discourage you, everybody has to start somewhere.
    However, adding a good functioning dragon is a very hard task, almost impossible for a beginner.
    Dragonlance has no release yet, so how do you presume to borrow their dragons? It is not even sure they work in game. Also, that mod seems quite dead.
    Last edited by Dux; April 24, 2013 at 03:29 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Wasn't talking of the dragon, was talking of your idea . It seems quite simple
    Your idea seems highly plausible and I can easily see a submod like that.

Having Westeros devided like this-
    1) House Targaryen having a small town names "King's Landing" as their capital instead of Stocksworth, holding also Driftmark, Dragonstone, Duskendale Rosby and Antlers. 4 starting generals, Aegon and his two sisters, plus Aegon's bastard Orys Baratheon, most likely Aegonhaving the Ancillaries "Balerion the black dread" (who should most likely give the most bonus out of any of the dragons) and the sword "Blackfyre" (could be taken from Blackfyre's rebellion) . I have a lot of traits I can give him, too many to name right now . He should have 10 command and 10 Authority, I would give him 4 Chivalry and 3 Piety. His two sisters, Viesnya was his elder sister so she should be his heir, Visenya should have the Ancillary "Vhagar" and have 9 command, 10 Loyalty and 0 dread or chivalry, 3 Piety. The youngest sister, Rhaenys, should be identical to Visenya except she isn't the heir and instead of Visenya's dragon she should have Meraxes which should give the same bonus as her eldest sisters dragon. Also she was more graceful then her sister so she should have a slightly different traits. We could possibly make dragons, but as you said it would be too complicated and I guess we can leave that. Orys Baratheon should also be one of the Targaryen generals, possibly make an event in which when Agrilac the Arrogant dies he gets the ancillaries "Lord of Storm's End". I would give him 5 command, 5 dread and 5 loyalty, 3 piety. He was a bastard so I would give him an "illegitimate son" trait, I would place him 4th in the order of succession. Start off their faction at war with House Durrendon. Also one last thing, make all of these 4 generals NF and with movement bonus. Also, ass Megor I Targaryen to be come of age and he would become the heir at some point of the game

2) House Durrendon, King Agrliac the Arrogant. Holds all of the Stromlands plus Rooks Rest and Stonedance. Ancillary Stormking and Lord of Storm's End, give him arrogant traits and I have some more ideas. 5 command, 5 dread, 8 Piety and 6 Authority. Give his faction a princess, Argella Durrendon (she wound up marrying Orys Baratheon eventually) . Not sure who his heir was, we can just make one up I guess . Start at war with House Targaryen

3) House Hoare, led by King Harren the Black. Holds the Riverlands, the Iron Islands and Bear Island, Harrenhall as his capital with the best building which can possibly be given in the limit of Medieval engine, definetly a castle worth having. Harren himself should have 6 command, 3 piety, 5 Authority and 10 Dread. Public order in the Riverlands is really bad and should give the Hoare player a hard time, have all of the Riverlords 1-2 loyalty and give the Tully's 0 loyalty. The names of his sons are unknown, so I would make them up. Give him 2 sons, possible to ressemble Hilar and Dagmar in Korah or something . Give him another general, Vickon Greyjoy to have 5 command and NF. Perhaps make an event that when the Hoare bloodline is over the Greyjoys become rulers, something like the Starks and the Boltons in Enhanced.

4) House Lannister, King Loren I Lannister, King of the Rock and all that. Controls the Westerlands. not much to change with that, just have the same as the Lanisters in Korah except changing the name of Lancel to Loren . Not too much to say of them

5) House Gardener, King Mern IX Gardener, controls the Reach, same bloody thing as the Lannisters, just change Gyles's name to Mern IX.

6) House Martell, unlike the Martells in Korah have them control all of Dorne. Maryia Martell as FL I guess, age 80. Not much to say. Give her 0 command (as she is 80 ) . Same heir and generals as Korah. Not much needs changing

7) House Stark, unlike Korah have them control all of the north. Torrhen Stark as FL, I would just replace him with Beron, remove the wildling and bastard traits and limit the movement points bonus

8) House Arryn, King Ronnel Arryn, age 14 so he could work in the Medieval engine. Delete King Osgood from the Korah and perhaps make Talon his uncle to he has some competent generals, also keep Morton Royce from Korah.

Personally I think that even with my no-where to be found modding skills I can make this submod with a little hard work. Sorry for the extremely long post

I think that even with my no-where to be found modding skills I can make this submod with a little hard work. Sorry for the extremely long post
    I'm way ahead of you. Adding Harrenhal and a location for Kings Landing is going to be interesting as i have never really done anything close to "mapping" before, but i have got this far and learnt a fair bit already so i am sure i'll pick it up if only the basics. Just trying to make it all look nice and a little professional with my limited knowledge. House Targaryen still needs Units/Skins and i still need to change around all the major houses so they fit the time frame. Already done The Stormkings & House Hoare now controls The Riverlands. (I've even changed the Map Previews on the faction selection screen to show off what each faction holds during the time, as a fair bit has changed since the Rivers&Hills era)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

We really should open a developers team . I'm totally in, I'll put some time into learning modding

I'm sure Prophet could help with the skins as well, so thats already 3 people....

I'll open up the group when I return from my trip.

You can send me your work on the private group

Btw I'm pretty sure Targ skins can be borrowed from the FaB and Blackfyre submods

Btw I've got ideas regarding the Hoare's, I would give them AoR Riverland units in the Riverlands + their own Ironborn units.

Harenhall should be a MASSIVE and extremely important fortress, which can probably make the best Riverlands and Ironborn units available.

I would place it where Darry Keep is now and place Darry Keep halfway between Harenhall and Maidenpool
    Last edited by Uriyaca; April 25, 2013 at 02:10 PM.

We really should open a developers team . I'm totally in, I'll put some time into learning modding

I'm sure Prophet could help with the skins as well, so thats already 3 people....

I'll open up the group when I return from my trip.

You can send me your work on the private group

Btw I'm pretty sure Targ skins can be borrowed from the FaB and Blackfyre submods

Btw I've got ideas regarding the Hoare's, I would give them AoR Riverland units in the Riverlands + their own Ironborn units.

Harenhall should be a MASSIVE and extremely important fortress, which can probably make the best Riverlands and Ironborn units available.

I would place it where Darry Keep is now and place Darry Keep halfway between Harenhall and Maidenpool
    I've already asked Dux about all this (I did not want to continue without asking) and because a good 95% of the work is already done in Rivers&Hills he's stated the following...

"I'm normally do not really mind people using my and my teams work. However, since you are planning to use everything me and my team created (all targaryen banners, stratmodels and skins from other mods are created by noobas and prophet), I will only allow a public release as an extension to King of Rivers and Hills. Which means you are not allowed to make a separated mod folder, just release the altered files, people would still need King of Rivers and Hills mod to make it work. If it is up to standards of the mod, then I will probably add your mod it as a custom campaign in the official version, if I can make that work and you allow it of course."

I have been basing it on Rivers&Hills as Rivers&Hills: War of Conquest. (Rather than a entirely separate Sub-Mod, its an Add-On/Extension to Rivers&Hills)

So far i have added...
    *House Targaryen (With Banners, Faction Desrc, Family Tree etc)
    *Aegon, Visenya and Rhaenys Targaryen to the Family Tree
    *A number of Custom Traits (I plan a lot more)
    *Ancillaries for Blackfyre, DarkSister, Balerion, Meraxes and Vhagar.
    *I've edited the Faction Selection, the map now shows the correct lands controlled by each faction during the era (+ Targaryen banner where it needs to be)
    *Removed House Mudd, House Hoare now control The Riverlands with Riverlord Generals (Low Loyalty)
    *The Stormking, Argilac the Arrogant now rules House Durrendon

Still a lot more to move around, mainly the other Major Houses and their holdings. Like i said i have no experience with "mapping" and adding new castles etc, but it needs at least Harrenhal & a location named Aegons Landing or The Red Keep. Id love to have it turn into Kings Landing at a set time via a script, but i don't have a clue where i would even start. I also need to work out the Units for House Targaryen as right now they can not build any units what so ever, but unlike scripts i know how that works. (Sounds like a lot, but i am enjoying myself... learnt a lot of new tricks also)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lol that can work I agree

Thanks Dux for allowing us to use your stuff!

I take the responsibillities of team leader. As this was my idea

Lets talk more of this in two days or so . Don't continue without me!

A custom campaign sound great, I thought of calling it "War of Conquest" or "Aegon's Landing" . We will decide later

I take the responsibillities of team leader. As this was my idea
    A common man can think of an idea, but a noble can take that idea and do something with it. You sir, have no claim to the throne!

Lets talk more of this in two days or so . Don't continue without me!

A custom campaign sound great, I thought of calling it "War of Conquest" or "Aegon's Landing" . We will decide later
    In two days or so, I'll almost be finished. (That's beauty of doing an extension rather than a Sub-Mod, 90% of the work is already done... i also have a LOT of free time)

The title "War of Conquest" is fitting.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

You can keep working, please send me the files when I return and we will NOT be releasing it until it is absoloutly polished

We have more to do then you might think, I'm organising a to-do list which will be posted in the group soon

Bie!

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    A common man can think of an idea, but a noble can take that idea and do something with it. You sir, have no claim to the throne!

In two days or so, I'll almost be finished. (That's beauty of doing an extension rather than a Sub-Mod, 90% of the work is already done... i also have a LOT of free time)

The title "War of Conquest" is fitting.
    Ha, very good soul, don't let Uriyaca take the credits of your work. The teamleader is generally the guy who started with the actual modding, and most of the time he does the most modding work.

This could be interesting, I'm looking forward to your work Soul.

As to the mapping, there are tons of tutorials about that. I recommend the one in the TWC university and modding section by Gigantus. It is not that hard, if you follow the instructions to the letter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Ha, very good soul, don't let Uriyaca take the credits of your work. The teamleader is generally the guy who started with the actual modding, and most of the time he does the most modding work.

This could be interesting, I'm looking forward to your work Soul.
    I don't intent to let Uriyaca rise beyond his station. I am not without mercy, but if he dose not bend the knee i will destroy him!.

And i may upload short video's to my channel showing off my work as i go, i know my subscribers would like to see it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lol Dux I didn't mean to steal his credit

It's just not fair that I can't work while he can tho!

Eh whatever

Lol Dux I didn't mean to steal his credit

It's just not fair that I can't work while he can tho!

Eh whatever
    I'm more than happy to have you help mate, you can be my "Hand of The King" - I'm the King, under Dux and the original team anyway...

You can organize a crack-pot team of helpers. I'd LOVE some help with the Units as it's currently my major focus as Targaryen cant build anything troop wise at the second, i have added certain stuff to the export_descr_buildings file in order to give them units but i am flying blind with it. It would also be helpful if somebody with mapping experience or at least somebody that has the time to learn, wants to help out with that. I'll learn myself eventually, but if it takes something off my "to-do" list faster then that's a good thing in my mind. Harrenhal and Aegon's Hill are the two MAJOR locations that we need, less major are place's like Darry Keep that could be moved to the side a little.

I'll send you a copy of the files over the weekend, i should have the Major House's edited by then. (giving them the correct family members and land under their control)

Gaming Emeritus

The following link leads to my Rivers&Hills: War of Conquest - Dev Diary #1 and is a minor pre-view of the work done so far, for anyone that is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiOm05rPirs

There will be NO public release until it's fully polished and playable.

I'm currently working on editing the major houses to make them fit the era of the War of Conquest and still need to allow House Targaryen to recruit units as well as adding certain locations such as Harrenhal and Aegon's Landing. I'll post Dev Diary's now and again to keep everyone informed. This is an extension to the original Rivers&Hills so please remember that the majority of the credit goes to the original modding team.

Laetus

Why are there no In-Battle banners? I miss them