Page 61 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1136515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1547

Thread: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW.

Default Re: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW. NEW PATCH RELEASED!

Multi-post. Apologies. My browser was acting up something fierce at 4 AM.
    Last edited by Dizoakius Maximus; March 21, 2013 at 10:49 AM.
    "Go to where the men speak Italian, then continue on until they speak something else."

"I've found that brothels are a much safer investment than ships. Whores rarely sink, and when they are boarded by pirates, why, the pirates pay good coin just like everyone else." - Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish

"Do thou amend thy face, and I'll amend my life." - Falstaff
    Henry IV Part 1, 3. 3

Default Re: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW. NEW PATCH RELEASED!

Multi-post. Again.
    Last edited by Dizoakius Maximus; March 21, 2013 at 10:49 AM.
    "Go to where the men speak Italian, then continue on until they speak something else."

"I've found that brothels are a much safer investment than ships. Whores rarely sink, and when they are boarded by pirates, why, the pirates pay good coin just like everyone else." - Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish

Henry IV Part 1, 3. 3

Ok, so I reinstalled clean through Steam, then used the Kingdoms Launcher after installing the mod and patch and got a similar "Medieval 2 Total War encountered an unspecified error and must exit" CTD upon finishing a battle.

The problem is that there are no files whatsoever in the "LOGS" folder in the file, so I cannot post an error log.

The absolute ONLY thing I can think that went wrong, is that when I installed Kingdoms on Steam, and did a "verify local files" process to make sure the install was good, it kept telling me (after 3 or 4 repeated verifications) that 1 file was not found and would be reacquired, but there was no reacquiring being done (no progress bar) and Steam just kept telling me that it was a good install. So I don't know.

Again, nothing in the LOG folder, so I can't post an error log.

Henry IV Part 1, 3. 3

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Hmm weird problem, have you tried deleting the string files in the text folder? As to the log, edit the cfg file, in it you will find the destination of the log folder:

[log]
    to=mods/KingofRiverandHills/logs/KingofRiverandHills.system.log.txt
    level=*script* trace

If your mod is not in a KingofRiverandHills folder(if you used the name switch) then it does not show up, change it to the appropriated folder for it to show up.

I provided solutions for the steam problem(that have been reported to work for other users) in the first post but you already tried those it seems. Also, you did not try the renaming and the steam launcher at the same time right? I advise to first try the launcher with the original KingsofRiverandHills folder.

If that does not work, I advise a reinstal of medieval, kingdoms and the mod. Perhaps it is tied to that missing file.

Kiliç Alì's Avatar Domesticus
    Artifex

Oh, also in case the file in the path does not exist, just create a new empty one named KingofRiverandHills.system.log.txt (not sure if Steam will allow you tought. Why you people keep pacting with the devil ?! )

Member of the Imperial House of Hader, proud client of The only and sole Ferrit

I'll give a try when I can. As to why I keep using Steam, my disk copies of M2TW Kingdoms must be corrupted because when I try to install them, it gets to 98% of the America's Expansion and then crashes due to a file it says it can't install. I dunno.

I did use the Kingdoms launcher and have the KingsofRiverandHills folder in the mods folder, no folder rename this time.

As for deleting the string files in the text folder: I just delete everything with .strings.bin in the name? I can definitely give this a try as I have not yet.

EDIT: Ok I did find the error log (I swear to God it wasn't there when I checked lastnight). I keep trying to post it with spoiler tags but my browser (both Chrome and IE) keep crashing when I do. Finally got a message that the file was too large to upload. (i was just copying and pasting inside spoiler tags so..)
    Last edited by Dizoakius Maximus; March 21, 2013 at 11:20 AM.

Henry IV Part 1, 3. 3

I deleted all the .strings.bin files in the TEXT folder. We'll see if that works.

I don't know ifit's taboo to do so, but I've compressed the error log file so it can hopefully be posted here. If this is a gigantic no-no, please forgive me.

KingofRiverandHills.system.log.zip

Henry IV Part 1, 3. 3

Just encountered it again, this time having deleted the string files in TEXT folder.

KingofRiverandHills.system.log.zip

Henry IV Part 1, 3. 3

Kiliç Alì's Avatar Domesticus
    Artifex

01:54:58.249 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 159 in mods/KingofRiverandHills/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    This seems when it does CTD, now if you were so kind to upload your [mod folder]...\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\campaign_script.txt, we'll see what id calls for at that line.

Unfortunately I don't own the files anymore

Member of the Imperial House of Hader, proud client of The only and sole Ferrit

Here you go, kind sers.

campaign_script.txt

Henry IV Part 1, 3. 3

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

I got a small idea about one unit for notheners, but in MTW 2 it's probably impossible. Unit like warhounds in RTW - elite for Stark or Bolton. I saw a very good model of wolves in Myth TW mod, with good animation. But they shouldn't be under player's control after attack command.

My scripting goes on slowly, I'm going to try to make all scripts I can for one faction (Martell) and then test the gameplay. And then post my results here.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Why cant i recruit a diplomat with house mudd?
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

Hey Dux, if you are ever planning to release a new patch for this submod, will you change the Stormkings faction name?
    I think that "House Durrendon" is now widely accepted (I also believe it was said by Martin some time ago).

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/House_Durrendon

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Deska140 View Post
    Hey Dux, if you are ever planning to release a new patch for this submod, will you change the Stormkings faction name?
    I think that "House Durrendon" is now widely accepted (I also believe it was said by Martin some time ago).

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/House_Durrendon
    Yes I will.

As to the diplomat, afaik you can recruit a diplomat in Riverrun and Oldstones.

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Yes I will.

As to the diplomat, afaik you can recruit a diplomat in Riverrun and Oldstones.
    Ah, i am an idiot
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

Dux, I was thinking, you should expand the map a tad bit to include Skagos, which could be made as a rebellious town, with only a few locations to land on the island. It would be just North of Karhold. It'd be interesting, and give Stark players a reason to build ships.

(maybe add one unit of Unicorn Cavalry )

Also, now nit picking: The Starks should be given a greater naval presence on the west coast of Westeros, where the sunset sea is. One of their kings did make an Armada to sail the sea recall. There's no reason we should be so limited to the west.

As for Karhold: The current lord shouldn't be Arnold, but Karlon Stark. His son should be written as Karstark, but the current lord should still be a Stark. It was during the current Bolton Rebellion that Karlon made a name for himself and built Karhold.

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

His name was Karlon? I thought it was Karl

And yeah, very good suggestions guy. I agree to all of them

Although that adding Skagos to the map would be tough, cause mapping is more difficult then you might think. Just ask Badger in FaB

I've tried my hand at mapping once. It was terrible. I understand that, though when you think of it, Skagos could be included in the current map borders, just as a small island of independent rebels or their own Skagosi faction (unlikely, I know) . It would be a neat addition to have that.

Also, just south of White Harbor should be another castle, called Oldcastle, that is the seat of House Locke. Now assuming the name isn't a purposeful anachronism, then it should exist in the time of the Kings of Winter. It would provide a buffer and make it harder for Arryn to take White Harbor, which, as it is, is really easy to take unless you've garrisoned the city with a fullstack, as there is no earlier defense to it.

I've tried my hand at mapping once. It was terrible. I understand that, though when you think of it, Skagos could be included in the current map borders, just as a small island of independent rebels or their own Skagosi faction (unlikely, I know) . It would be a neat addition to have that

Also, just south of White Harbor should be another castle, called Oldcastle, that is the seat of House Locke. Now assuming the name isn't a purposeful anachronism, then it should exist in the time of the Kings of Winter. It would provide a buffer and make it harder for Arryn to take White Harbor, which, as it is, is really easy to take unless you've garrisoned the city with a fullstack, as there is no earlier defense to it.

Gaming Emeritus

All good suggestions, I will keep them in mind. Having both the founder of Thoren's square and Karhold would be a nice touch.

As to skaagos, a good idea, but I will probably not do any mapping.