Page 59 of 78 FirstFirst ... 934495051525354555657585960616263646566676869 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1547

Thread: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW.

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW. NEW PATCH RELEASED!

Well, I think that 3-4 turns is too often. And there's one more aspect - during one campain one faction can capture a region twice or even more times. It wouldn't be good to see one and the same message like in ironborn example. The regions included in "message script" should be selected carefully to avoid such a repetition. For "famous regions" repetition is acceptable, but the text of message should be more common, like in vanilla messages.

Anyway, these messages don't have to bother the player.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

ButtSwag's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW. NEW PATCH RELEASED!

But the longer the gap between each message, the more messages there would be. That could get annoying

The idea is not to inform about each region captured, but only about few key settlements or really rare events by Westeros lore - such as capturing Starfall castle by Hoare or Lannister faction for example.

Kiliç Alì's Avatar Domesticus
    Artifex

Hmm.. will think about it.

Member of the Imperial House of Hader, proud client of The only and sole Ferrit

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

That is actually quite a lot of work I think, to declare counters and events for every settlement and most factions. However doing it for only the capital regions should be doable and can be a nice addition.

To make counters for all settlements is huge work, and there's no need for it. 2-3 locations for faction. For Ironborn - Lannisport, Moat Cailyn and Riverrun for example, for Stark - Twins, Dreadfort and Strongsong. Idea is not about massive information, but few notices about outstanding events or about course of the campaign. Figuratively speaking it's like species, not the main meal ))

The feature is that player should't see such messages every campain. If he don't capture Riverrun by Ironborn - no message. This can make every new campain differ and increase replayibility and interest to the game.
    Last edited by bitterhowl; February 16, 2013 at 07:55 AM.

Artifex

I't's easier than it seems, you don't need counters, only events, and you can discriminate factions, target_factions and if the settlement was sacked/exterminated/occupied.

I'll make a sample and we'll see how it goes...

I think its a nice idea, but it should have its limits to avoid spam. I'd stick to having it effect mainly strategic regions, for example...

The Twins - "House ...... has taken control of The Twins, it's people have been put to the sword and it's new lord now has control of the Green Fork. Only those with his permission will cross... and none without paying the toll."

Golden Tooth - "House ...... has taken Golden Tooth, it's people have been spared a painful fate and their new lord can now enter the Westerlands almost unchallenged... he is also now considerably richer.

Moat Cailin - "House ...... has crushed the Northern defense at Moat Cailin, although it is useless if attacked from The North itself, the commander of the assaulting army should be proud, it has protected the North from southern invasion for thousands of years.

For this sub mod to work I know I need to have the 1.5 patch installed but do I need to have M2TW:Kingdoms already on my computer and then install the patch, or is just downloading the 1.5 patch enough for this sub mod to work?

Quote Originally Posted by The Onion Lord View Post
    For this sub mod to work I know I need to have the 1.5 patch installed but do I need to have M2TW:Kingdoms already on my computer and then install the patch, or is just downloading the 1.5 patch enough for this sub mod to work?
    Kingdoms needs to be installed. You install the 1.5 patch after you install kingdoms

ButtSwag's Avatar Decanus

Yeah, maybe all strategic settlements and capitals, because capturing a capital would be a big deal

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    I think its a nice idea, but it should have its limits to avoid spam. I'd stick to having it effect mainly strategic regions, for example...
    Indeed! Strategic regions + 1-2 really rarely captured regions for 1 faction.

Well, it's may be an overposting from me. The last try to explain the entire idea
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I think I just can't clearly explain the idea. This rare unique events are needed to bring diversity and spirit of Westeros in the game. They also give information about unprecedented accidents, such as capturing Rosby or Goldentooth by Yronwoods or Martells. This is not only a capturing of strategic region by a faction, this actually couldn't be according Martin's universe lore. But this can happen during the game and it may happen only if the AI faction became extremly strong. It's the way to show the great progress of AI faction, which become the main playrer's enemy in the case of such progress. I don't think this event will happen every game. This may never happen at all for this faction ) I'm trying to show how such a small script event can create a sense of presence. And of course, this messages should be writed more unique, than "strategic capture" messages. It's an analogue of a loading screen quotes. They may forced to believe in what is happening on the screen, to make believe that textured polygons are cruel rapiers or valiant nobles. Actually, all the game takes place in the mind

And here is one new event idea.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Still playing campain for Martells, almost deal with Gardeners, Oldtown now is my. It's 55-th turn. During the game had no rebellions in conquered regions, even with only militia in garrison. I expected more from Yronwood provinces, and from some Gardeners too. Remember Roberts quote
    I swear to you, I was never so alive as when I was winning this throne, or so dead as now that I've won it"
    and his words that conquer the throne is easier than hold it after that. And words about every Great House's rebellious bannermen. And a story about conquering of Dorn by Targariens.

I think such rebellions could be realised by such a script - we choose 2-3 rebellious provinces in each faction (for dornishmen probably more) and if they're taken by player check a condition, if player's military rank is less than 3-4 province become rebel. This test may start from 30-35 turn and every 10-15 turns (with a message that sons of killed warriors are grown enough for revenge). This could make an interesting effect, in a case of player's major defeats in battles - military raiting will decrease and rebellions will take place if only because of the military defeats, as if opposition is encouraged by them and decided to act openly. If this is realisable - it could make TW much closer to Westeros, remembering stories of Bolton, Frey, Rains from Castamere.
    Last edited by bitterhowl; February 17, 2013 at 02:23 PM. Reason: one more new suggestion

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Had a CTD in Korah - New Patch. When attempting to quick-load.

Doubt it is major, possibly just a one-off. Thought I would post the log, for prosperity.

Artifex

This rebellions idea is freking brilliant!

Have you ever been interestied into scripting? it's easyer than it seems once you got the basics, just like making traits\ancs... here there is a load of tutorials, resurces and courses:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=743 --TWC university course
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1226 --TWC university course

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=580314 -- List of tutorials, anything you can ever want is here really...

@Badger, gave alook to the log, seems fine... does CTD always happen or was an ectopic one?

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Indeed the rebellions idea is very good +rep

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...7#post12605917

I'd like to such things never happen in mod. The reason is in the text of that post - no interest in stereotypical capture regions one by one, so player stops the game. I'd like to see a hardcore game that make player realise that war is a hard and unpopular thing, that common people don't want to die on a battlefield and nobody likes conquerors on their own land, and how difficult to rule the kingdom. In my vision the interestingness of the game is in the number of hard decisions taken per unit of time, even dramatically decisions sometimes.

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

A few pictures from my Mudd campaign.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mudd 1.jpg   Mudd 2.jpg   Mudd 3.jpg   Mudd 4.jpg   Mudd 5.jpg  

Mudd 6.jpg   Mudd 7.jpg   Mudd 8.jpg   Mudd 9.jpg   Mudd 10.png  

Some more pictures from the same campaign.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mudd 11.jpg   Mudd 12.jpg   Mudd 13.jpg   Mudd 14.jpg   Mudd 15.jpg  

Mudd 16.jpg  
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Tristifer VI Rivers?....
    I was not aware that this general even existed... is he a pop-up general?

Though perhaps more appropriate to be placed in the screenshot thread

I got bored and created my own general
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"