Page 57 of 78 FirstFirst ... 732474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1547

Thread: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW.

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW. NEW PATCH RELEASED!

I've just started to play this submod and I have to say it's a good one. I play for Martells and Yronwoods are defeated at 9 turn ) I like dornishmen roster, and skins in your mod. I have some suggestions, read them under spoiler if you wish ) Wish you good luck with this submod!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The idea of this submod is very good - historical period, acting factions. I think you shouldn't add new houses ingame, IMHO the interest of the game isn't depending on the number of factions, units, ect, but only from game atmosphere and mechanics. You have enough factions for interesting game )

I suggest small changes that probably can make the game more interesting. Changes in descr_units file to make every faction a really different game style. First - limit the number of elite units for all factions, and increase training time to 5-6 turns. For example - 1 knight unit for 1 castle. It will be aссurate historically and make player more deliberately use them in battle and their loss will be more sensitive. Maybe it really will enhance their role in the battle, when the 2-3 elite unit can reverse its course, because they are only 2-3 and not half the army)
    Factions style:

• Martell and Yronwood - less armoured and more mobile mounted knights, mounted archers, most infantry units with javelin throw ability. Bonus in desert.
    • Gardeners and Stormkings - increased "knight limit", 2-3 to 1 castle, elite heavy armour, decreased time of training - 3-4 turns, so their style is classical medieval chivalric army, very effective but too expensive in the content. Rich factions who can afford an expensive troops.
    • Hoare - infantry only army, something between vikings and fantasy-mod dwarfs in roster, with very strong morale, never retreat.
    • Stark and Bolton - less armoured knights (poor factions), less trained troops such as highlanders, can't use formations but with high morale. Elite high trained units such as Winterfell guard and Dreadfort axemen, limited by number. Bonus in snow.
    • Lannister and Arren - "standard" well-trained and balanced medieval army, infantry-oriented.
    • Mudd - many skilled hand-to-hand combat and elite infantry units with extra morale, limit only to mounted elite. Probably, overpovered faction but it's according to storyline - they have no way but only to struggle for survive.

I think that Westeros team payed too much attention to unique units and architecture, so their mod grows larger and larger and there's no release date at this time ) Much better imho to make a small but playable and balanced and really different playing-style mod, such as yours may become.

I have some suggestions about additional game events, I can post if it interest you. Tnx for reading and sorry for my english ))

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW. NEW PATCH RELEASED!

Thanks for the suggestions and the praise!

I'm interested in what kind of ideas you have for new events.

dannyalex's Avatar Campidoctor

Maybe the Greenseer can do something usefull for a change?i mean beside the fact that convert regions,he has almost zero movement and that make him pretty much useless

U could add him the ability to make the people of an enemy territory to rebel? or maybe launch some kind of crusade /jihads?

i have watch plenty of lets play westeros king of river and hills and none gives a notice to religion,maybe we can do something about that?something like Third age does?

anyway think most of those will change when 1.00 westeros released

edit : more regions...
    Last edited by dannyalex; February 06, 2013 at 09:10 AM.
    Most Chivalrous commander 2020-2021

zburanuki's Avatar Ducenarius

also the greenseer can work like the palantiris in third age, you know spy some territories, and of course give him more movement points. i'm not sure about the jihad/crusade feature, i'm not like it that much.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyalex View Post
    Maybe the Greenseer can do something usefull for a change?i mean beside the fact that convert regions,he has almost zero movement and that make him pretty much useless

i have watch plenty of lets play westeros king of river and hills and none gives a notice to religion,maybe we can do something about that?something like Third age does?
    I never once used the Greenseer due to the movement points being so low, he seemed useless to me because of how long it takes to move him anywhere. I found there was no real need to take to much notice of religion as most factions have the same religion, the only time i spent any time keeping an eye on my settlements religion stats was as the Iron Born, nobody loves the drowned god. As the Andal factions you all have The Seven as your Gods, so i am not sure what you could do with them... crusade's of some kind? maybe vs The Old Gods/Drowned God.

Third Age force's you to have a set % religion in order to have certain buildings, but again most of The South worships The Seven and there is no reason The North could not build in the South because... great my sister just put one of the puppies on my desk, hard to type, you get the idea... there puppy is in the box!. The Crusades idea may be a little overpowered as The Andal's do outnumber The First Men and The Iron Born... a lot. (Don't think this is anything for this version, ideas for the future maybe... i need to put this puppy back with his brothers now.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    I never once used the Greenseer due to the movement points being so low, he seemed useless to me because of how long it takes to move him anywhere. I found there was no real need to take to much notice of religion as most factions have the same religion, the only time i spent any time keeping an eye on my settlements religion stats was as the Iron Born, nobody loves the drowned god. As the Andal factions you all have The Seven as your Gods, so i am not sure what you could do with them... crusade's of some kind? maybe vs The Old Gods/Drowned God.

Third Age force's you to have a set % religion in order to have certain buildings, but again most of The South worships The Seven and there is no reason The North could not build in the South because... great my sister just put one of the puppies on my desk, hard to type, you get the idea... there puppy is in the box!. The Crusades idea may be a little overpowered as The Andal's do outnumber The First Men and The Iron Born... a lot. (Don't think this is anything for this version, ideas for the future maybe... i need to put this puppy back with his brothers now.
    First of all

You rule....

secondly:thats why none use him ,about crusade now it will be a nice feature in the era of the mod to claim the regions that has religion over 25% through crusade/jihad for the First Men (Stark,Bolton and ofc Mudd)...but same thing could happen for the andals factions as well...i have seen those puppies...but waiting about the lets play fire and blood faction....WHERE IS IT?

Edit:is not reliigion actually at TA but culture like Britannia

You rule....

waiting about the lets play fire and blood faction....WHERE IS IT?
    Thank you.

I allowed everyone to vote for a faction. Targaryen came in 1st, Stark in 2nd and Stannis in 3rd. So they will be done in that order, and then another vote will be cast for the next 3 factions etc. I'm holding back recording in the hope that Badger will get around to fixing the CTD (Crash To Desktop) error's that seem to plague the latest version of the Fire&Blood Sub-Mod, if i recorded with this current version the CTDs would not only cause me mass amounts of stress but would most likely cause any series i was recording to end up haft finished because i cant move forward without the game crashing.

So i believe it's better for everyone if i hold on the Fire&Blood Sub-Mod until i know it's not going to crash every two seconds, will cause me less stress and there will be no risk of the series ending short due to me not being able to carry on. Short answer? It IS coming... ASAP. EDIT: I believe it is culture in Third Age and not Religion, but i think its generally the same deal/idea.

u mean none vote for the Freys?

u mean none vote for the Freys?
    Some of them voted Frey just to mess with me.

In which region and maybe in which turn i can recruit the Riverland Hammers Units again?The campaign starts with one unit in my army....or must wait for the event of steel plate?

I like when ur comments about Freys and Arryns...just epic

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

In which region and maybe in which turn i can recruit the Riverland Hammers Units again?The campaign starts with one unit in my army....or must wait for the event of steel plate?

I like when ur comments about Freys and Arryns...just epic
    Yes you need to wait for the steelplate event, I added one unit to give players a taste of them. Also the steelplate event has been moved back to turn 30 I believe. As most players complete their campaign before turn 50 and thus are not able to use the new units.

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    As most players complete their campaign before turn 50 and thus are not able to use the new units.
    They do?! ... ...

ButtSwag's Avatar Decanus

Yeah, really?
    I take around 150 turns to become unstopable (destroy all major powers) and probably around 200 to take every single settlement

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW. NEW PATCH RELEASED!

They do?! ... ...
    It usually takes me 20 turns or so to end a campaign . For example, when I played a Hoare campaign and took the entire West Coast in 25 turns I stopped playing

Quote Originally Posted by uriyaca View Post
    It usually takes me 20 turns or so to end a campaign . For example, when I played a Hoare campaign and took the entire West Coast in 25 turns I stopped playing
    Well yeah, i could easily end my series in less than 50 turns... but where is the fun in that? sounds like your rushing things my friend.

My Hoare video's... wait I'll check....

16 Parts to the Hoare campaign, 130 turns. Took the West Coast. (Westerlands and the left-hand side of The Reach) House Hoare died out in the fighting, the Prince got a catapult to the face The King died in a duel with the King of The Reach, i then continued as House Blacktyde who claimed the throne after the passing of the Hoare's. 8 Parts to the Blacktyde campaign, 287 turns. (Long un-recorded turns between each conquest) Took The Stormlands, Riverlands and The North, Alliance made with Arryn and Martell, became the High-King of the Three Kingdoms of Westeros.

ButtSwag's Avatar Decanus

On easy? hahaha
    I don't see how you can possibly manage to do that. Usually taking a castle and calming it down etc takes 2-4 turns. Then you have to build armies, retrain, recapture, etc etc.

EDIT: this is not directed at Soul, we posted at the same time
    Last edited by ButtSwag; February 07, 2013 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ButtSwag View Post
    On easy? hahaha
    I always play on VH/VH. If you don't believe me go watch the video's.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...nWFx3A3HjyDhjY

To tell the truth, i find you thinking i would ever plan on easy to be very insulting. EDIT: I've just read your edit, i forgive you

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW. NEW PATCH RELEASED!

I always play on Hard campaign difficulty and easy battle difficulty . I like winning battles and I like having a difficult opponent. I love to autoresolve, I practically never play the battles

Quote Originally Posted by uriyaca View Post
    I always play on Hard campaign difficulty and easy battle difficulty . I like winning battles and I like having a difficult opponent. I love to autoresolve, I practically never play the battles
    I don't know how you live with yourself!

The Battles are the funnest part, when ever i Auto-Resolve anything my Subscribers yell at me...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I don't know how you live with yourself!

The Battles are the funnest part, when ever i Auto-Resolve anything my Subscribers yell at me...

I know, I suck at commanding armies. I only play battles if I have to, or sometimes if I feel like it. Otherwise I autoresolve

I love playing as Hoare, they are really fun to play as. I think I'm gonna play a Lannister campaign soon if I find the time

And how many subscribers do you have? seems like you became the Westeros advertiser online . I await to see your Targaryen FaB campaign. Btw, I really think it would be boring to play as Stark or Stannis. What can you do as Stannis, take Tarth and fight the Targ forces and then what? attack your king? attack your brother? attack Arryn? (which I believe has high precentage of supporting Robert) .

And what in the world would you do with Stark? all you can do is destroy Bolton. Nothing else you can really do

I think that if you should play a campaign, on fun level from 1-4

1) House Targaryen. Obviouslly the longest and fullest campaign you can play in FaB . The funnest, and with the biggest goals (destroy Renly, Stannis, Robert. After them, every Baratheon supporter, from Lannister to Tully to Arryn to Stark.

2) House Lannister. The fun of taking the Reach, and maybe Dorne afterwards.

3) House Renly. Deffending against the Targ foces and then going against the Reach or Dorne.

4) the minor houses, Darry (taking the Riverlands and then off to defeating every Baratheon supporter) Bolton (taking the north and making and alliance with the Targaryens)

You can always just take a crap on the storyline and take the world with Hightower like I did in 0.6 .

Stannis and Stark? boring as hell. Just some silly Stark lovers voted for that
    Last edited by Uriyaca; February 07, 2013 at 03:45 AM.