Page 53 of 78 FirstFirst ... 328434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1547

Thread: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW.

Default Re: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW. RELEASED!

Personally i think that the Hightowers would be bad choice for a new faction. They are the best candidate for it in the Reach; But it is stated that they are known for being loyal and stalwart vassals of the Tyrells and the Gardeners before them. Also it is stated that they seldom took part in the wars of the realm.

Instead i`d consider Redwyne or Manderly. Manderly could actually be a faction on their own and if they get wiped out the current event for the Starks happens or something.

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW. RELEASED!

Quote Originally Posted by ButtSwag View Post
    The Casterlys didn't lose control from civil war though? They got tricked out of their castle.
    And c'moooon, if the hightower's get their own faction then so should the reynes
    Hightowers are mentioned to have been Kings once. Reynes have had no such mention.

Reynes will probably just be a copy of the Lannisters but with a red lion on white instead of a gold lion on red.

While House Kenning would be unique as it would combine Lannister and Ironborn units in the same faction.

Hmm I might mix Hightower and the Highsepton faction.

Give Oldtown to the faith so to speak, and let the Highsepton be a sort of pope.
    Last edited by Dux; December 01, 2012 at 04:59 AM.

ButtSwag's Avatar Decanus

So would that make the Hightowers unplayable? Because I also happen to like them hehehe

Domesticus

In that year he began the campaign?

The Forgotten's Avatar Domesticus

How about if the Gardners die out then the factions Florent and Tyrell appear and splinter all the Reach instead of it turning Rebel or just having the Tyrells take over.

Many thanks to the good folks down at the Graphics Workshop for the sig.

Quote Originally Posted by The Forgotten View Post
    How about if the Gardners die out then the factions Florent and Tyrell appear and splinter all the Reach instead of it turning Rebel or just having the Tyrells take over.
    Well the Gardeners died out on The Field of Fire during Aegon's Conquest of Westeros so that would be changing the lore a fair bit unless Dux wants to add a Targ Invasion after turn 10000

Would be nice to have the reach splinter off into 2-3 factions IF the gardener line was to fail but i don't think Tyrell would have much claim compared to the others. They were given the seat at Highgarden by Aegon because it was they that handed over the reach to him, not so much because they had the strongest claim. (Not to mention i don't want to think about how much work would go into making a script like that) A nice idea just without the Tyrell part if you ask me....

Hell in the end more house's the better Dux. More stuff for me to record (I'm working on getting it all to work somehow, but i plan on doing my own House Soul for v1.0.... It's very, very early stages lol. more like a dream right now than a plan)

ButtSwag's Avatar Decanus

Well, the Tyrells were castellans of House Gardener, so they would have a claim, from blood and second in command. After all, the reach was surrendered by House Tyrell after the fields of fire, not the florents or whatever.

It would be cool if House Hightower could be the Papal States of KORAH, so they don't expand or anything, but they are still their own faction.
    Abd maybe for some fun, you could add the Targayen invasion a bit earlier, like the mongols or something. It wouldn't follow lore though.
    Last edited by ButtSwag; December 10, 2012 at 07:30 PM.

Domesticus

The houses Martell and Yronwood have units with missing textures in battle (you can not see the textures seem invisible).

units:
    Dismounted Warrior's Sons [Martell-Yronwood]
    Warrior's Sons (soldiers and horses) [Martell]
    Warrior's Sons (soldiers) [Yronwood]
    Ballista (soldiers) [Yronwood]
    Catapult (soldiers) [Martell]
    Trebuchet (soldiers) [Martell]

Can anyone tell me which texture should I use?
    Is there an update?

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post
    The houses Martell and Yronwood have units with missing textures in battle (you can not see the textures seem invisible).

units:
    Warrior's Sons (soldiers) [Yronwood]
    Ballista (soldiers) [Yronwood]

Can anyone tell me which texture should I use?
    Is there an update?
    thanks for pointing this out! Will surely be fixed.

If you know how to deal with the battlemodels file then it is easy, these units are simply missing Denmark and Moors entries. Warrior Sons are Imperial Knights.

Domesticus

I hope to come out with a patch updates (just have time).

Update (lacking other textures in other House):

units:
    Warrior's Sons (soldiers) [Yronwood-Stormkings-Arryn]
    Outriders (soldiers) [Stormkings]
    Ballista (soldiers) [Yronwood-Lannister-Stormkings-Gardener-Arryn]

Some factions in custom battles are not all artillery units (Ballista and Trebuchet), check if they have the texture (especially units Ballista).

Wrong name Unit:
    Winterfell Guards [Bolton] (It should be renamed to "Dreadfort Guards")
    Last edited by Crociato78; December 06, 2012 at 01:18 AM.

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post
    I hope to come out with a patch updates (just have time).

Update (lacking other textures in other House):

units:
    Warrior's Sons (soldiers) [Yronwood-Stormkings-Arryn]
    Outriders (soldiers) [Stormkings]
    Ballista (soldiers) [Yronwood-Lannister-Stormkings-Gardener-Arryn]

Some factions in custom battles are not all artillery units (Ballista and Trebuchet), check if they have the texture (especially units Ballista).

Wrong name Unit:
    Winterfell Guards [Bolton] (It should be renamed to "Dreadfort Guards")
    Not all factions have access to trebuchet and balista.
    As to the winterfell guards, no that is intended. That is the bolton skin of the Winterfell guards unit.

Domesticus

Ok, I got it!

Let me know if you make a patch to update.

I would like to learn how to make the UI Cards.

Once I learned I could make the UI Cards missing (as in the House Lannister).

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

Pretty sure there's a tutorial to that in the Mod Workshop.
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by JorisofHolland View Post
    Pretty sure there's a tutorial to that in the Mod Workshop.
    Can you link to the tutorial?

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

No, I'm lazy, but you'll probably be able to find it over here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.

Domesticus

In the folder "unit_models \ _units" lack many "file MESH."

How does the game determine the model for the units with the "MESH file" missing?

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Here to report a very minor bug: see pic - should say Hightower family member, shouldn't it?...

Gaming Emeritus

Yes I noticed that. Once I'm done with my exams I will release a small patch which will fix all of these minor things. (I know a patch is long overdue, but really there are no gamebreaking mistakes in this version, it is almost perfect )

This patch will probably not be compatible with hotseats, but the changes are only really noticeable in a long singleplayer campaign anyway.

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Hmm... could you maybe check if it is compatible with hotseats? cause if it isn't I will not download it...
    Maybe just instead of releasing a patch, release it when the new version comes, after the Westeros 1.0 version is released.

Gaming Emeritus

This will be purely for singleplayer campaign. I too thought it best to wait until the new version, but that may take a while, and that version is going to be radically different. Westeros 1.0 has almost nothing in common with the old alpha.
    These small mistakes are mostly text issues, skin issues, changes in the unit recruitment and changes in descr_strat. (Like toning down Beron Stark and Hoare generals and giving extra movement to Tristifer etc.). And I want to fix those.