Page 52 of 78 FirstFirst ... 22742434445464748495051525354555657585960616277 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1547

Thread: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW.

Default Re: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW. RELEASED!

Quote Originally Posted by methos_valdroa View Post
    Can you tell me which campaign you enjoyed the most? I'm thinking of starting a campaign myself. Thanks in advance!
    I enjoyed House Mudd a lot, due to having enemy's on all sides there is a real sense of a threat for once. Second would have to be House Stark as you get to kill Bolton's and Ironborn and marching south JUST in time to save House Mudd and fight with them vs the Andal Kingdoms is very enjoyable... Third i would say House Martell/Yronwood as both give you a fight from the start along with threats from both The Stromlands and The Reach. (Keep an eye on the Stormkings, they don't give up easily)

But i enjoyed them all and cant really say anything bad about them, even House Bolton i had some very epic battles with. I'll be continuing them with House Greystark in the Future.

The house i enjoyed the least but still recommend playing would be Lannister. Purely because they are very easy to play as... I recall controlling The Westerlands, The Reach and The Riverlands all in only four video's. House Arryn was also very easily won. (But still fun)

So my Top 5?

1: House Mudd
    2: House Stark
    3: House Martell/Yronwood
    4: House Hoare
    5: Stormkings
    Last edited by SoulGamesInc; November 27, 2012 at 04:42 PM.

Default Re: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW. RELEASED!

Thanks SoulGamesInc! I'm going to start with a short Arryn campaign to get a feel of the game, and after that (if I find the time) I'll try to command House Mudd.

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Considering the size of the map in the 1.0 version it is going to be a lot easier to add more factions and give them enough regions to make it balanced.

I have a few good ideas about new factions, however in these considerations I get always stuck on the Westerlands.

All other regions have plenty of candidates for other kingdoms, houses which are mentioned in the lore to once have been independent, (e.g. Darklyns in the Crownlands, House Blackwood in the Riverlands etc.) but I have trouble finding a suitable candidate for the Westerlands. From what I know there is no house in any part of the Westerlands that once have been Kings besides or before the Lannisters (excluding the Casterlies but they don't count). It seems the Westerlands have always been in its entirety in control of House Lannister.

So I want to ask you to come up with suggestions and arguments for another independent realm in the Westerlands besides the Lannisters of Casterly Rock.

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

Well, you could consider Fair Isle. Considering it's an island, it has probably retained independence longer than most of the Westerlands. Can't think of any other plausible Houses, really.
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.

Maybe house Reyne of Castamere

Gaming Emeritus

Well thought about them but I thought their rebellion, that Tywin crushed, was their first.

Perhaps the Houses of Kayce and Faircastle as a sort of mixed faction of Ironborn and Andals units

House Kenning is an awesome idea. Ironborn, who have conquered Kayce and rebelled against the Hoares and try to carve out their own kingdom? Or perhaps they could start allied to the Hoares but later get to decide whether they want to take on andal customs? (Perhaps with the Switch religion script from the teutonic campaign?)

Or maybe Ironborn who have conquered Kayce and stuff, but due to the fact that the Hoares spread out their forces so much, and are forced to rely on Westerland levys, which results in them taking on more and more andal customs?

Great idea. I`ll also list some factions i thought about, which could be added.

//

House Reed- Mentioned to have been petty kings, until they married into the Starks. Could be another player in the north, holding moat callin, with the virtue of their capital being actually south of it. Would focus on archers and skirmishers.

House Caron of Nightsong- Ruling over the dornish marshes. Their units could be a mixture between Dornish and Andalish ones.

House Sunderland of the Sisters- Mentioned to have been kings once, before the wolf and the falcon fought over the isles and devastated them. Could be the major naval power on the eastern shore of westeros.

The Mountain Clansmen of the Vale- Well, duh. The Clansmen of the vale are the natural enemies of the Arryns. You could give them some neat lore, like saying that they are the worshippers of the old gods who were driven into the mountains when the Andals conquered the Vale. They could, at this point, still be led by some first men lord.

House Crabb of Crackclaw Point
    - The People of Crackclaw point are independent, and there could be like 3 settlements on it. Two of them could be rebels and the first objective of House Crabb could be to unite the people of cracklaw point. They would field a weird mix of units, not caring much for the andal/first men conflict, with champions and skirmishers.

House Blackwood and Bracken- If one was to be added, the other ones has to be added, too. But i kinda dislike the idea, it would weaken House Mudd too much, imho. Perhaps they could be emergent factions if house mudd crumbles? Another campaign could include them.

House Redwyne- Perhaps the best candidate for another house in the south. The Hightowers are known to be loyal and stuff, and the other houses are insignificant or not much known is about them. They would also be another naval power, which would be nice. They could be opportunistic guys, who managed to rebel against house gardener because the Ironborn distracted them, or something. The three shield islands could be added as well, and control of them could be split up between Hoare, Redwyne and Gardener.
    Last edited by Lordinquisitor; November 29, 2012 at 11:57 AM.

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Lordinquisitor View Post
    House Kenning is an awesome idea. Ironborn, who have conquered Kayce and rebelled against the Hoares and try to carve out their own kingdom? Or perhaps they could start allied to the Hoares but later get to decide whether they want to take on andal customs? (Perhaps with the Switch religion script from the teutonic campaign?)

Or maybe Ironborn who have conquered Kayce and stuff, but due to the fact that the Hoares spread out their forces so much, and are forced to rely on Westerland levys, which results in them taking on more and more andal customs?

Great idea. I`ll also list some factions i thought about, which could be added.

//

House Reed- Mentioned to have been petty kings, until they married into the Starks. Could be another player in the north, holding moat callin, with the virtue of their capital being actually south of it. Would focus on archers and skirmishers.

House Caron of Nightsong- Ruling over the dornish marshes. Their units could be a mixture between Dornish and Andalish ones.

House Sunderland of the Sisters- Mentioned to have been kings once, before the wolf and the falcon fought over the isles and devastated them. Could be the major naval power on the eastern shore of westeros.

The Mountain Clansmen of the Vale- Well, duh. The Clansmen of the vale are the natural enemies of the Arryns. You could give them some neat lore, like saying that they are the worshippers of the old gods who were driven into the mountains when the Andals conquered the Vale. They could, at this point, still be led by some first men lord.

House Crabb of Crackclaw Point
    - The People of Crackclaw point are independent, and there could be like 3 settlements on it. Two of them could be rebels and the first objective of House Crabb could be to unite the people of cracklaw point. They would field a weird mix of units, not caring much for the andal/first men conflict, with champions and skirmishers.

House Blackwood and Bracken- If one was to be added, the other ones has to be added, too. But i kinda dislike the idea, it would weaken House Mudd too much, imho. Perhaps they could be emergent factions if house mudd crumbles? Another campaign could include them.

House Redwyne- Perhaps the best candidate for another house in the south. The Hightowers are known to be loyal and stuff, and the other houses are insignificant or not much known is about them. They would also be another naval power, which would be nice. They could be opportunistic guys, who managed to rebel against house gardener because the Ironborn distracted them, or something. The three shield islands could be added as well, and control of them could be split up between Hoare, Redwyne and Gardener.
    Yes all of these, with the exception of house Reed, are in my list as well.

I'm thinking of letting the Redforts of Redfort be the ruling family of the Mountain clans, it is mentioned they had first-men ancestry. The name of the faction will probably be something like First men of the Mountains.

And I'm thinking of adding Dayne, just because they are awesome.

The Celtigars are an awesome idea.

The Sunderlands are sort of the Ironborn of the Eastcoast.

I think House Kenning will be the Westerland faction, with andal and ironborn units and ships. Not such a strong starting position, but a good fleet and good generals. They will rule Kayce and Faircastle and perhaps some other settlement up there.

I meant Crabb, not Celtigar.

But Celtigar is an idea as well. The problem is that they are a valyrian family, and those never have shown much interest in westeros before the doom. But they could be like the proto targaryens, altough that would amount to quite some fan-fic.

Gaming Emeritus

I meant Crabb, not Celtigar.

But Celtigar is an idea as well. The problem is that they are a valyrian family, and those never have shown much interest in westeros before the doom. But they could be like the proto targaryens, altough that would amount to quite some fan-fic.
    Ah yes I was confused by the Celtigars coa, which are red crabs.

I meant House Crabb, they once ruled Crackclaw Point with the castle Whispers and that legendary hero of 8ft tall.

A shame their COA is not known, but I think we'll just do a giant red crab on white.
    Last edited by Dux; November 29, 2012 at 02:38 PM.

ButtSwag's Avatar Decanus

I would say the Reynes, basically because they are the second strongest Westerland house (Like the Freys to the Riverlands, and they are their own faction), and because they are mentioned quite a bit in the books.
    And because I think they're awesome.. there's that too

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

Could you, perhaps, enlighten us on how you were planning to divide up the other factions, Dux? Could help us give better suggestions.
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.

Prophet1331's Avatar Ducenarius

I may have an idea on this. You can make only House Bracken as an independent kingdom in the Riverlands (it was stated that they eventually changed to the Faith of the Seven unlike the Blackwoods) and call their faction Riverland Andals. The story could be that there was a marriage between Mudds and Blackwoods leading to those two kingdoms becoming one. The Brackens were overwhelmed and decided they need allies too and welcomed and married with the Andals coming from the Vale (there are a couple of Andal houses in the Riverlands which could become bannermen).
    Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens. Tywin Lannister

There`s always that approach, but the rivalry between those two houses is the most important thing about them- If people would like to play one of them, they would also want to have the other as a rival.

Domesticus

In that year he began the sub-mod?

There will be new versions after the release of version 1.0 of Westeros?

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post
    In that year he began the sub-mod?

There will be new versions after the release of version 1.0 of Westeros?
    Me? March this year, we released this version June this year. Which is very quick for a mod

Yes there will be new versions, we are discussing factions for those versions now

As to dividing up regions, well Lord Inquisitor's list has a couple of the same factions as I have in mind.

Couple of my ideas, probably going to make an appearance:
    House Darklyn, the Kingdom of Duskendale in the Crownlands
    Mountain clans/First-Men of the Mountains in the Vale, thinking of letting House Redfort rule them
    House Hightower, Kingdom of Oldtown
    High Septon (unplayable, kinda like the pope)
    House Dayne, Kingdom of Dawn
    House Carron, Kingdom of the Marches

And then I'm considering House Crabb, House Kenning and House Reed (under pressure of several people).
    Also, note that House Frey is not going included in this submod.

Domesticus

I intend to edit the text file "EDU".

I want to change the number of soldiers and some statistics of the units.

Domesticus

That year the campaign starts?

The Forgotten's Avatar Domesticus

You could try to make the Casterly's a faction. Have almost a civil war for the Westerlands. We know they went extinct but not when (I think). They could have some First men units and could be a possible ally for House Mudd.

Many thanks to the good folks down at the Graphics Workshop for the sig.

ButtSwag's Avatar Decanus

The Casterlys didn't lose control from civil war though? They got tricked out of their castle.
    And c'moooon, if the hightower's get their own faction then so should the reynes