Page 35 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1025262728293031323334353637383940414243444560 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW.

Default Re: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW. RELEASED!

Quote Originally Posted by MagUidir View Post
    I have the same issue except i dont have it on steam....The developers are working hard to resolve this issue.

Do you by chance have the link?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=410461
    Think thats it, works perfect for me with windows 7 and steam, so hope it helps some of you guys

Default Re: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW. RELEASED!

Too bad that many seem to have issues; The mod is really great.

Though, i noticed three other small issues that are bugging me:

1) Toooooo many spearmen. Some factions have access to militia, spear levy, spearmen and armored spearmen. I would cut them down and keep only spear levies and spearmen. The reason for that? Militia and levies fill the same roles, but the term militia wasn`t used in martins writings. Armored spearmen are, well, spearmen with some additional armor- But you can upgrade their armor anyway, so why should one include an extra unit of armored spearmen? I know, it`s not your fault, the vanilla uses the same system- And it sucks. Removing those unnecessary spearmen would cut down on the unit clutter.

2) Personally i wouldn`t give the first men greenseers. Since the arrival of the andals the faith of the old gods has been in a steady decline; It seems odd to actually spread it. It would also add an unique twist to their religion. In turn many more settlements could start with a sizable amount of worshippers of the olds gods; Which would become slowly replaced unless the followers of them would take those settlements from the andals quickly enough.

3) Also spies and assassins should be included. They add more depth to the game- And assassins are the only way to remove pesky agents and priests. (Except one exploit.)

In the custom battle selection thing, the boltons have Winterfell guards (think thats what it was, but dont have dreadfought reavers (again think thats right, aint played a campaign in north yet) which are the special units they have in campaign faction selection screen

Also could someone tell me what each factions vanilla original faction is, as i cant work it out very easily atm and want to give some factions more money

it says it at the top of descr_strat

venice Bolton
    denmark Yronwood
    spain Stormkings
    england Lannister
    scotland Stark
    france Mudd
    milan Gardener
    hre Hoare
    portugal Arryn
    moors Martell
    coder and tester for the King of River and Hill submod
    coder, mapper and scripter for War of the Usurper submod

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Lord AcidRocker View Post
    Also, I'm only updated to 1.4 but the game runs fine; the only problem is that I cannot load my Gardener campaign anymore w/o it crashing
    I am also getting this problem, I can start new campaigns but whenever I try to load one I started earlier it crashes
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

FOR STEAM USERS:

I was getting the Unspecified Error message too. I made it work using the following steps:

1) Extract the KoRaH mod into your mods folder.
    2) Completley delete your british isles / crusades folder.
    3) Rename your KoRaH folder to the deleted one. Exact match.
    4) enter the mod folder and run the batch file.
    5) Click on the corresponding mod you renamed and it should launch and play without a hitch.

I hope this helps everyone

Also noticed while playing the stark campaign that the bolton capital was White Harbor and not the Dreadfort... O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Nick View Post
    FOR STEAM USERS:

I was getting the Unspecified Error message too. I made it work using the following steps:

1) Extract the KoRaH mod into your mods folder.
    2) Completley delete your british isles / crusades folder.
    3) Rename your KoRaH folder to the deleted one. Exact match.
    4) enter the mod folder and run the batch file.
    5) Click on the corresponding mod you renamed and it should launch and play without a hitch.

I hope this helps everyone
    I do not use Steam.
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy_Welsh_Lad View Post
    Think thats it, works perfect for me with windows 7 and steam, so hope it helps some of you guys
    Ive used this for several mods, never had any problems with any of them, except, when i exit it, it keep the process in the background, but not the window, so i have to go into task manager and delete it every time i wanna go back on. BLAAAAGGGG. Other that, great little tool. i was about to reccommend it myself as well.

Hello. I have one suggestion. I think there should be a bridge between Starfall and area belonging to House Hoare (Sun something). According to few maps (i.e. THIS) there should be a river, not an oceanic tile.

gangstamaori's Avatar Miles

I have had two very enjoyable campaigns. The first was as the Boltons, where I conquered the Starks. The second was as the Arryns, where I placed some forts at the mountain passes and invaded the North, conquering the Dreadfort and Winterfell.

Some observations:

The Starks tend to lose lose, and very quickly if the player controls the Boltons. I think the Boltons really need to feel an increased lack of financial support to prevent the recruiting of many extra troops to steamroll the Starks after the initial fight, as sacking a few cities puts you in the green.

House Mudd always gets pushed back, but I suppose this is the point of the mod and makes for a very enjoyable campaign if one is to play as House Mudd. I am impressed with how the iron born perform in their campaigns. Usually they lose their territory in the Reach, but take land in the north and put pressure on the Starks, contributing to their decline.

Once again, I am really impressed with the modification! It is really enjoyable!

MagUidir's Avatar Biarchus
    a little bit every where. from Tennessee but now Live in California.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy_Welsh_Lad View Post
    how do you get the launcher to even come up? i just inserted the disk and it didnt show the same sceen as you had and i tried the bat file to launch and it went straight to vanilla.

Lord AcidRocker's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Lordinquisitor View Post

1) Toooooo many spearmen. Some factions have access to militia, spear levy, spearmen and armored spearmen. I would cut them down and keep only spear levies and spearmen. The reason for that? Militia and levies fill the same roles, but the term militia wasn`t used in martins writings. Armored spearmen are, well, spearmen with some additional armor- But you can upgrade their armor anyway, so why should one include an extra unit of armored spearmen? I know, it`s not your fault, the vanilla uses the same system- And it sucks. Removing those unnecessary spearmen would cut down on the unit clutter.
    I agree w/ this; there should only be a spear levy and then maybe another more disciplined spearmen w/ higher morale and better armor

In reply to martin616: i have been unable to load anymore of my campaigns so i think theres a big problem here

Well I started a new campaign and hopefully that will work tomorrow. i however would like to know what could be causing this because my Arryn campaign was only just getting fun

In reply to gangstamaori:
    I have only tried a few games and none as the Starks/Boltons yet the two seem pretty even under ai control with the end result being quite random rather than a certain victory from the start.

The Ironborn however seem tio fair poorly in all of my games, they quickly lose Sun House to the Tyrells, take Banefort then lose Banefort snd Ten Towers to the Lannisters. I have never seen them successfuly expand in the North.

To me Dorne is the biggest problem, in both my Martell game and Yronwood game I unite Dorne within 10 turns even with just auto-resolves.

Lord AcidRocker's Avatar Senator

If i remember correctly, the Martells have more armies available than the Yronwoods from the start; also, you can easily take Kingsgrave and Yronwood if you manage to divert the Dayne army's attention by laying seige to helholt before you lay seige on yronwood. Dont know if this is just a good strat or if the martell's should start off w/ less troops

Quote Originally Posted by martin616 View Post
    I do not use Steam.

Well that's just unfortunate.

gangstamaori's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by martin616 View Post
    I have only tried a few games and none as the Starks/Boltons yet the two seem pretty even under ai control with the end result being quite random rather than a certain victory from the start.

The Ironborn however seem tio fair poorly in all of my games, they quickly lose Sun House to the Tyrells, take Banefort then lose Banefort snd Ten Towers to the Lannisters. I have never seen them successfuly expand in the North.

To me Dorne is the biggest problem, in both my Martell game and Yronwood game I unite Dorne within 10 turns even with just auto-resolves.
    Aye. I find Yronwood holds on for dear life, usually getting attacked by the Stormlands and Gardener. As for the North, I find the Boltons grab Karhold and Last Hearth, and then numerous skirmishes take place in the west. The Boltons seem quite secure in the east, and the Starks with the northwest (which I think leaves them in a poorer and more exposed position). I will see what happens in my next campaign. I really like the northern rebellion!

The factions seem balanced to me- When I played as Stormkings, whenever I intervened in a war between two factions, the intervention rapidly tipped the balance- When I took sunspear from the Martell, Yronwood steamrolled them in 10 turns, and when I took the the two Bolton castles in the SE of the North, the Starks retook much of the North. (The Yronwoods and Starks were allied to me)
    Hoare seemed to be quiet, attacking the Lannisters in the first five turns, then getting smashed.

Commanding House Baratheon of Dragonstone in War of the Throne

Karazor's Avatar Miles

i was wondering if u guys could add certain events to the mod like let's

for Yronwood after destroyng martell and takeing the dornish setlements, there would be the event : Finally the line of the bloodroyal rules dorne ,

for the Martell there would be like once again dorne is under the controll of it's rightfull monarchs the martells

an event for every andal factions if the faction of the first men House Mud of rivers and hills is destroyed it would be something like the south has finally fallen in the hands of the andals

THE BOLTONS : finnaly the north has fallen under the controll of the boltons and a new line of kings in the north begins

for Starks :the north in once again under the controll of winterfell

events like that would be awesome for the mod and add another rpg element rewardin the player with some text

only if u guys want in a future version it would be awesome,

Cillian's Avatar Libertus

Thanks for the mod guys, having a great Stark game. Crushed the rebels, soon I'll go south and help the Mudds out.
    One interesting bug is that Ramsey Bolton is in the Dreadfort at the start of the campaign, pretty strange.

And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low? Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know. In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.