Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW.

MagUidir's Avatar Biarchus
    a little bit every where. from Tennessee but now Live in California.

Default Re: [Submod ideas]The King of Rivers and Hills

Quote Originally Posted by Noobas View Post
    you assume that based on what ?

i just think that such a cool "sub" mod, like for example also "war of the usurper" would be awesome as optional campaigns, or even expansions, so that one can easily play em all without having to either make multiple installations of teh main mod or just play one at a time..

not really sure how/if it's doable though..so can someone confirm/reject this based on evidence and not assumptions ?
    (no offence MagUdir..)
    My assumption was based on having to reskin most of the factions and the coding and scripting will have to be re-worked. I wasnt trying to say it was impossible nor was i being literal about it. I think i just meant that it wouldnt be as easy as say "War of the Usurper". Sorry Im still new to modding.

However this Idea I think is Awesome. I love any case where you can rewrite history in your own fashion. Especially one so fun and rich as Westeros.

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by MagUidir View Post
    My assumption was based on having to reskin most of the factions and the coding and scripting will have to be re-worked. I wasnt trying to say it was impossible nor was i being literal about it. I think i just meant that it wouldnt be as easy as say "War of the Usurper". Sorry Im still new to modding.

However this Idea I think is Awesome. I love any case where you can rewrite history in your own fashion. Especially one so fun and rich as Westeros.
    Yes it is going to be a lot of work. It wouldn't be as easy as war of the usurper no, but it wouldn't be as hard as age of heroes. Most houses didn't change that much since this time and only few mayor houses (house gardener and stormkings) and few mayor minor houses (house greystark and Reynes) got extinct. Most other houses used the same units and had the same territory in that time as they do now.

It is impossible to stay lore friendly time wise unless specifically mentioned. The only mention of time is often is 1000 years ago, which I came across so many times on conflicting events that is kind of irrelevant.

Martin wanted the history to be vague, so we're going to combine several characters and events from app. 1000 years ago.

The work will start when version 1.0 of the mod comes out.
    However to practice my very basic modding skills I'm going to experiment with the beta. Adding new territories to the map, reforming house Tully in house Mudd, adding new familymembers etc.

This time before the main mod comes out can also be used to gather as much information as possible and make the lists of the mayor houses, their family members, their vassals, their territories and possible new units.
    Any volunteers to try to do this for a faction?
    Last edited by Dux; March 04, 2012 at 04:44 PM.

MagUidir's Avatar Biarchus
    a little bit every where. from Tennessee but now Live in California.

I wouldnt mind helping out.. I think id be best suited for the lore aspect givin that me and skinning arent exactly on good terms at the moment grrrr ;(

Gaming Emeritus

It would be great if you could help out.

I'd be happy to work on lore if you like, I can do research
    Last edited by luke1608; March 04, 2012 at 05:28 PM.

jacb547's Avatar Primicerius

I would be glad to help
    "We all know whatmy brother would do. Robert would gallop up to the gates of Winterfell alone, break them with his warhammer, and ride through the rubble to slay Roose Bolton with his left hand and the Bastard with his right. I am not Robert. But we will march, and we will free Winterfell … or die in the attempt."

Gaming Emeritus

Great, I'm going to make a user group.

Also what does everybody think about Bastard kings idea of naming the Stormkings after the first mythical stormking King Durran? House Durran?

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

durran was one of the first men, so it depends if this submod is about andals, first men or whatever.

Maybe these Kings didn't use last names because it was so long time ago and not so popular. So they only had their names and tittles or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    durran was one of the first men, so it depends if this submod is about andals, first men or whatever.
    House Mudd was also part of the First Men and were exterminated during the Andal invasion. So a lot of the other Andal houses (i.e. Arryn, Lannister) hadn't risen to prominence yet. GRRM is extremely vague when it comes to the timeline and events so there's lots of room to work with in this period. Besides it's not likely that all of the First Men kingdoms were wiped out right away, it was probably a long process over at least a couple decades if not centuries.

I think House Durrenson sounds good. Anybody else?

Captain Zoran's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Bastard King View Post
    House Mudd was also part of the First Men and were exterminated during the Andal invasion. So a lot of the other Andal houses (i.e. Arryn, Lannister) hadn't risen to prominence yet. GRRM is extremely vague when it comes to the timeline and events so there's lots of room to work with in this period. Besides it's not likely that all of the First Men kingdoms were wiped out right away, it was probably a long process over at least a couple decades if not centuries.

I think House Durrenson sounds good. Anybody else?
    Why not simply call the faction "The Stormkings"? Then which house was in control wouldn't be a problem. Since this is such a obscure time, some artistic freedom should be in place in order to create a full-fledged submod.
    The friendly neighbourhood hobo with a shotgun of Westeros: Total War, bringing the Game of Thrones to life!
    Check out my new LOTR fan(tastic) fiction here: The Accountant's Trial

Gaming Emeritus

I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    House Bolten, Rivals of House Stark

This signal looks way too cheery for House Bolton. The flayed man looks like he's about to bust out some disco moves to "Staying Alive" by the Bee Gees.

Last edited by Noobio; April 24, 2012 at 04:57 AM.

I agree that the Bolton banner just looks aweful. Get tid of the red drops and make the Red Man a freaking Red Man screaming in pain. Not a goddamn medical text book picture as it don't look like any kindo of heraldry at all.

Gaming Emeritus

yes I got it directly from the wiki, I think the Stark is awful too. These are not the official banners, just the ones that popped up when I searched for the houses.

But there used to be some really great banners on the Wiki. What happend to them?

Quote Originally Posted by luke1608 View Post
    That's the one I was talking about! I think its awesome.

Gaming Emeritus

alright I've added it.

Today I had my first success as a modder, I changed the faction house Tully in the faction house Mudd and created a new factionleader and heir. Not really that hard when I look back but it is something! everyone has to start somewhere

I'm still struggling with the faction banners in the campaign map, has anyone any tips about that? I followed gigantus tutorial how to add a faction, but his way of add the faction banner doesn't want to work. Changing the banner is no problem, but adding is.
    Last edited by Dux; April 09, 2012 at 05:40 PM.