Page 73 of 78 FirstFirst ... 234863646566676869707172737475767778 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 1547

Thread: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW.

Default Re: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW.

Ever since I've updated to Windows 10 I can't seem to play Westeros Total War or any of its submods because a CTD occurs after I pick a faction and goes to the loading screen. Any help would be appreciated.

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW.

Can you play any other mods? Because I highly doubt that much of anything is really compatible with Windows 10 yet.

Yep I can play other M2TW mods such as thera v4 and Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod. I even tried to solve the problem by uninstalling all the mods I had then uninstalling M2TW itself. Then reinstalled and patched it all the way correctly to 1.05. And then just put in westeros total war and the submods such as King of Rivers and Hills and Soulfyre Rebellion. But all of them had the problem of having an CTD the moment I chose a faction and then went to the loading screen where it would crash.

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

I don't know what the issue is, I have yet to test it with windows 10.

What happens after it CTDs is a prompt saying that Medieval 2 Total War has encountered an unspecific error. Idk if that would help you out to solve this.

Quote Originally Posted by AugustusCaeser View Post
    Idk if that would help you out to solve this.
    No it would not (all crashes to desktop say that) but the fact that you can still play other mods without fault means it's not an issue with Windows 10.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

redownload, reinstall, reinstall the game if nothing else helps. same for every problem, works for all of them.

thats what i did and that didnt work either

Lemphibar's Avatar Civis

Is this submod still being actively worked on? Or are you waiting for post 1.0 release to continue any work? This and AOPK are imo the best submods. Truly love the family trees in this one. Makes for alot of RP possibilities. Love it! Keep up the great work!

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Pretty sure he's waiting till 1.0

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

This submod after the release of 1.0 of WTW,

And with more scripts and lore based on WOIAF of J.R.Martin

Is gonna be epic!!!

raistlinmajere8's Avatar Ordinarius

Does this require base version of Westeros Total War? The installation instructions make it seem like it doesnt, but that goes against all experience I've had with sub mods. Any body gotta a clue?

I'll never understand why this specific mod sub forum is so bad about being clear on what is required and how to install things. Literally the worst on the entire website.

Ice Eyes's Avatar King of Winter

Quote Originally Posted by raistlinmajere8 View Post
    Does this require base version of Westeros Total War? The installation instructions make it seem like it doesnt, but that goes against all experience I've had with sub mods. Any body gotta a clue?

I'll never understand why this specific mod sub forum is so bad about being clear on what is required and how to install things. Literally the worst on the entire website.

No, this is a stand alone mod. All you need to do is download and extract the Kingdom of Rivers and Hills file in the Medieval 2 total war/mods folder, Click the bat. file and play.

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by raistlinmajere8 View Post

It is actually very simple

Like Ice explained, just download and put it in your medieval/mods.

Also, didn't I post some tutorials on the OP? I remember doing so.

Anyway, you guys are correct, this project will resume once 1.0 is released. Thanks for the praise.

I have downloaded the mod and now every single time i load it up it comes up with the error CA_LIBS can anyone help? i have looked all over the forums for a solution and i ever don't understand what people are saying or they don't work.

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfclaw661 View Post
    I have downloaded the mod and now every single time i load it up it comes up with the error CA_LIBS can anyone help? i have looked all over the forums for a solution and i ever don't understand what people are saying or they don't work.
    I have never Heard of that error! Do other mods work for you?
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Yes

Foederatus

Very nice mod, I like it.

By the way, I have windows 10 and steam and everything works without a single error. I only downloaded it, then extracted file into mods folder and change batch file content from kingdoms.exe into medieval2.exe (cd ..\.. start medieval2.exe @mods\KingofRiverandHills\KingofRiverandHills.cfg"). Then run it.

I literally signed up for the forums because I am at sanity's end due to CTDs with this mod. First of all to the mod creators, amazing job! This mod has everything I could want from an ASoIaF TW mod. Now, on to the issue. I played both the original Westeros TW and Blackfyre Rebellion without any problem. Yesterday I was able to play KoRaH all day, with a CTD when I picked to start Stark campaign. However it didn't happen the second time around so I was on kicking the Bolton's ass. When I tried to get on today it would not let me load my save, as soon as the loading screen came up it would CTD. Then it got through the loading screen and crashed about 30 seconds into the game. Then when I clicked on the recruitment tab in Barrotown, then when I clicked on Barrowtown at all, and then back to not getting past loading screen. I looked up fixes, ran it in compatibility mode for Win 7, reinstalled the game, did the unpack thing, verified game file integrity, reinstalled the mods, etc. to no avail. I'm sorry if this is a really long response, but I love this mod, and really have no idea what else I could do. Please help

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I would advise posting your game log file, that might help people get a better idea of what's up with your game. A couple of other generic questions that might aid someone who is helping you out include:

-Are you running a disc or Steam version? (I assume Steam because you mentioned verifying game file integrity)
    -Have you disable User Account Control (UAC)?
    -Are you running the .exe as an Administrator?

I'm afraid I don't know enough about the game/modding to help you out, but if you have answers to those questions it makes who ever can help you out's life a bit easier.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE