Page 60 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1035505152535455565758596061626364656667686970 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1547

Thread: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW.

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW. NEW PATCH RELEASED!

Cool
    Nice general

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW. NEW PATCH RELEASED!

He actualy starts out quite weak (weaker than Tristifer V) but butchering the Stormkings realm with the king, taking Driftmark and Dragonstone and finally burning the entire Vale made him into a brutal conquerer
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie View Post
    He actualy starts out quite weak (weaker than Tristifer V) but butchering the Stormkings realm with the king, taking Driftmark and Dragonstone and finally burning the entire Vale made him into a brutal conquerer
    The same thing happened to me with Ramsay in my Bolton campaign in Korah . From a 1 star general into a 10 star maniac, which when attacking and Night fighting would actually reach 15 stars, but there is the game limit

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Nice pics Pinkie Pie! I like the general you created, a bastard son of the King?

How did you add the general? I wouldnt mind creating one for a campaign to spruce up an AAR

The Forgotten's Avatar Domesticus

If I am correct then they can't be added to a campaign thats already in progress. But the process is simple enough, and I can teach you. Although Pinkie is more experienced at it. (He is the one that taught me )

Many thanks to the good folks down at the Graphics Workshop for the sig.

ButtSwag's Avatar Decanus

You can add them to an existing campaign, if you make a new general every existing save will be effected (atleast for me), and not in a good way. Every existing character will have random names, traits and ancillaries, so be careful.

I learned on my own. recently too. Gotta love the Kingsguard in youngbloods

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Nice pics Pinkie Pie! I like the general you created, a bastard son of the King?
    Indeed, if I was good with scripts I would set up a massive civil war, my character was adopted ater taking the Eyrie. One bastard son who takes after the father in military prowess, leadership and brutality and has helped forge the Kingdom of the First Men against the trueborn heir who has legitimacy on his side. Seems like it should be a book/film
    Quote Originally Posted by The Forgotten View Post
    If I am correct then they can't be added to a campaign thats already in progress. But the process is simple enough, and I can teach you. Although Pinkie is more experienced at it. (He is the one that taught me )
    I have no intention of teaching other people though so he will not get help from me

Quote Originally Posted by ButtSwag View Post
    You can add them to an existing campaign, if you make a new general every existing save will be effected (atleast for me), and not in a good way. Every existing character will have random names, traits and ancillaries, so be careful.
    You are talking of a completely different way of adding generals, the way I choose to do it is the same way all starting characters are added, this means he will start the same every time unless the file is edited, it does however only affect new campaigns.
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Sorry to be the bringer of further bad news, but I have experienced another CTD when loading/saving.

Other people in the Faith of the Seven hotseat also reporting issues...

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...he-Seven/page6

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-dude View Post
    Sorry to be the bringer of further bad news, but I have experienced another CTD when loading/saving.

I dunno, I have played a massive campaign with the Boltons using the new patch and a CTD didn't even accure once

This is a one time thing or at least a rare thing, which happenes in every Medieval mods once in a while. No reason to get riled up

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-dude View Post

Hmm, have you changed the name of the batch file and folder to avoid having to change the names all the time?

Another solutions could be to delete the string files and perhaps turn off UAC and Virtual store, I think the game just sometimes still thinks the patch is not there, the medieval engine has done such weird stuff before.

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by uriyaca View Post
    I dunno, I have played a massive campaign with the Boltons using the new patch and a CTD didn't even accure once

This is a one time thing or at least a rare thing, which happenes in every Medieval mods once in a while. No reason to get riled up
    Not riled up at all - I posted here a week or so ago and one of the other team members asked if it was repeatable.

@ Dux - Yep, I renamed everything properly. I am quite adept at doing that, seeing as I have 6 versions of FaB on the go at the moment (Plus three Korahs )

ButtSwag's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie View Post
    You are talking of a completely different way of adding generals, the way I choose to do it is the same way all starting characters are added, this means he will start the same every time unless the file is edited, it does however only affect new campaigns.
    Well the way I do it is through the descr_strat, and that makes the general start the same everytime as well, unless edited. I didn't even know there was more than 1 way to add a new general.

Just want to clarify install instructions before I get home: I do the Westeros 0.53 install, then install this to the same directory, or is the KoRaH install an all-in-one?
    "Go to where the men speak Italian, then continue on until they speak something else."

"I've found that brothels are a much safer investment than ships. Whores rarely sink, and when they are boarded by pirates, why, the pirates pay good coin just like everyone else." - Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish

"Do thou amend thy face, and I'll amend my life." - Falstaff
    Henry IV Part 1, 3. 3

Gaming Emeritus

It is a stand alone, just point it to the mods folder of Medieval total war II

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    It is a stand alone, just point it to the mods folder of Medieval total war II

Fantastic, thanks for the quick reply. Now I just have to wait another 4 and a half hours until I'm done work.

Looking forward to this.
    "Go to where the men speak Italian, then continue on until they speak something else."

"I've found that brothels are a much safer investment than ships. Whores rarely sink, and when they are boarded by pirates, why, the pirates pay good coin just like everyone else." - Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish

Henry IV Part 1, 3. 3

Keep getting intermittent "Medieval 2 Total War has encountered an unspecified error and will now exit" CTD's. Sometimes they're only on start-up and a restart will get the mod running fine. The most recent one was upon ending a turn. I'm running through Steam but used the old "rename the folder" way of running the mod. I'm downloading the Kingdoms Launcher now, and hopefully that'll fix it.

Anyone have any ideas in the interim?

Henry IV Part 1, 3. 3

Kiliç Alì's Avatar Domesticus
    Artifex

When such error occurs, show us your log.

Member of the Imperial House of Hader, proud client of The only and sole Ferrit

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliç Alì View Post
    When such error occurs, show us your log.
    If I have any further problems, I will do so.

EDIT: Problems aside, I was fairly deep into a Lannister campaign and was enjoying it immensely. Excellent work!
    Last edited by Dizoakius Maximus; March 20, 2013 at 04:09 PM.

Henry IV Part 1, 3. 3