Thread: Campaign Advice / Strategy

Default Campaign Advice / Strategy

Playing as the Hasfids, on H/H , and hoping to get some advice. I hope i'm not becoming a nuissance in this part of the Forums, but I've just started out with B.A. and , there's just a few things I could use some advice with .

1- movement points seem drastically reduced, it just makes it harder to actually reach the settlements - and more likely to be engaged / or attack field armies... What should I be focused on? Constant Training of new troops and always sending them forward? disbanding the 'left overs' - hire lots of mercs, etc?

because normally I've always played very Frugal-like, retraining my soldiers, limiting mercenary forces, etc. Was it maybe my Choice as Hasfids? ... I've only got 80 turns left, from a 'early campaign' start (you get 150 turns) -- and so far, I have maybe 10 provinces....

Just to go from Tunisia and cross Sicily takes 3 turns, and I just can't seem to pump out soldiers fast enough and get em to the front and advance , its like some trench warfare on the Tip-Toe of Italy.

Are Hasfids a particularly difficult faction? Should I be relying more on a 'horde mentality' for this Mod, train up 2-3 stacks and send them all in one go?

any advice would be a great help =)

Default Re: Campaign Advice / Strategy

Hi PrestigeX,

The forums are for discussion so you needn’t worry about being a nuisance.

Movement points on the campaign map have not been altered in any way.

What has been changed is the increase in striking distance between settlements. In other words, many settlements were positioned more than one movement turn away from each other. This was done in an effort to reduce the “siegefest” campaigns and increase field battles. Generals or armies with movement bonuses can sometimes strike those just-out-of-reach settlements within one turn.

Some factions were intentionally made to be more challenging by limiting their regions and their juxtaposition among other factions at game start. A Hafsid campaign in the desert regions, for example, may require a slower build up with fewer enemies whereas one fought in Britannia would put you in the action right away.

Gameplay may vary depending on your campaign (faction) choices and strategy. Adapting to them may be your best bet.

Perhaps others with BattleAxe experience can weigh in…

Regards,
    brandybarrel's BattleAxe and Unit Guide Links:

I gave up with the Hasfids - mostly because I could see that with only 30 or so turns remaining, and 10 provinces -- It'd be impossible for me to win (40 settlements) and still make the deadline.

I know ofcourse one can still play on -- it just doesn't quite feel the same.

I've tried out the smaller campaigns, in hopes of completing the mission. 8 turns left, 3 or so provinces more to get.

I felt with the Hasfids my biggest problem was really just movement - economy, ability, relative strength - had it been the campaigns found in most Mods / Vanilla / Kingdoms, easily would'of won.

But , I suppose that is part of Battle'axes challenge -- akin to the speed map in Doom. I want to be able to meet the Victory Conditions , I just have to re-develop my playing style... Perhaps an old AAR or two if they're still around...(for instance, one where the player'd gone as Turks and took over the entire world within a strikingly low number of turns ) get some tips =)

I recommend playing as Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    I recommend playing as Sweden

Yes , I did try and gave up at turn 10th. I just cant go out and conquer someone. xD
    Aromored Swordsman facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/ArmoredSwordsman

Chivalric Knight youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX0...vautK-SbeF_ykw