Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Persian Invasion Complete Edition Released

comrade_general's Avatar 100% Prime Angus Beef

Default Re: Persian Invasion Complete Edition Released

Quote Originally Posted by ithinkitsdead View Post
    if
    An anecdote has it that when Philip II sent a message to Sparta saying "If I enter Laconia, I will raze Sparta", the Spartans responded with the single, terse reply: "If."

ithinkitsdead's Avatar Semisalis

Noted.

I have run into a probelm, comrade.
    This game crashes between 470-460 every campaign.
    Anyone have this type of issue?

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

another bug: desert swordsmen are classified as spearmen

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

So, I have noticed the desert swordsman classification error. I fixed it in mine.
    But, it doesn't change the fact that all of my campaigns end abruptly.
    They either hard CTD, or the entire game just stops working. When I closed the window last night, it stated that there was a critical time out error on the program (or something to that effect, can't recall it word for word) and the program will not continue.

At first, I thought it was because of my own modifications to the game (IE: adding units, changing the EDB prices and effects, and rebalancing the EDU). But, I ran the original install of PI, completely unmodded, and it is doing the same thing!

Is there anyone else having this problem?
    Or, is it just me?
    Last edited by ithinkitsdead; March 19, 2012 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

the persian family tree, are too small, and with all the non family characters... Well, i got the ctd too, but fixing persian ft by adding sub_faction and giving all of em wife sounds promising

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

Hmmmmm.......
    I will see if that works. I noticed that, while going thru the descr_strat, few of the factions have a family tree. I was curious as to whether or not this would be the root of my CTD's.
    @comrade_general: Have you any pointers for us?

I believe I did, but I will confirm when I get the chance. You posted the error on my other thread. Does the lack of a tree explain the error??

I couldn't say for sure, but I doubt it because you seem to be the only one having this problem.

Very odd, indeed.
    I will be following some other direction to see if it will fix the issue.
    Might just be something ludicrous!

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Very nice work comrade!

I tried to play as Dahe and I noticed some things and errors:

- The noble cavalry doesn't have the shield stat, while both swordsmen and light cavalry has
    - The General Cavalry use the Numidian texture while (I think) you intended to give them the Iberian texture. Same goes for the UI (anyway, if I can say my two cents, that model doesn't fit in very well with the rest of the roster...)
    - Dahe cannot build any kind of temple
    - Neither Dahe nor India can recruit Diplomats in my game...don't know about the other factions
    - I believe they could use some other units...in my opinion just two units are needed at the moment ( elite horse archers and spearmen...)

Thanks Cinuz.

Have you installed the patch? It doesn't cover everything you listed, but perhaps a couple of them.

Clagius's Avatar Campidoctor

Very impressive mod, I love it!

Spoiler for Screenshot

Spartans are pretty bad ass.

Edit: By the way, I noticed Macedonians are in Rome faction slot, so some of their generals get Roman traits, "True Roman" for example, and when you go to faction panel, you can see "Senate officials" (or something) button and if you click it your game crashes.
    Last edited by Clagius; March 23, 2012 at 12:38 PM.

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonian View Post
    Edit: By the way, I noticed Macedonians are in Rome faction slot, so some of their generals get Roman traits, "True Roman" for example, and when you go to faction panel, you can see "Senate officials" (or something) button and if you click it your game crashes.
    I think this could be simply fixed by changing the macedonian culture, am I right comrade?

Quote Originally Posted by comrade_general View Post
    Thanks Cinuz.

Have you installed the patch? It doesn't cover everything you listed, but perhaps a couple of them.
    Yes, the patch is installed.

Anyway, since I don't like to give useless suggestion (regarding the units that could be added to the Dahe's roster), here's where you can find some units to be added:

- In alexander expansion, there's a unit called "scythian mercenary archer" available for macedon, persia and even recruitable as mercenaries. They could be a nice horse archer elite unit: bow, sword and armour, just need to add the brownish texture of the Dahe.

- Speaking of alex expansion, the barbarian factions have a nice barbarian spearmen unit that could be added to the Dahe: since the skin is already brown, they don't need any retexture.

- The general bodyguard could be changed with vandal's "steppe lancers" from BI.

Think about it, Dahe is a very interesting faction, I'd like to see some more depth putten in it. As you can easily imagine I would do these simple changes myself but I'm pretty much catch with RL at the moment (is a miracle I've found the time to try your last piece of work, finally completed!)

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonian View Post
    Very impressive mod, I love it!

Spoiler for Screenshot

Spartans are pretty bad ass.

WHY EVERY ONE ALWAYS PRESSES THAT ING BUTTON!!! NO MATTER WHAT ING MOD IT IS IN!
    *calming down*
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinuz View Post
    I think this could be simply fixed by changing the macedonian culture, am I right comrade?
    that would make maria reforms as macedon impossible: so ----> no

If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Clagius's Avatar Campidoctor

Hopit, I knew that would cause something like that, but I wanted to test it to be sure about it.

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Hopit View Post
    that would make maria reforms as macedon impossible: so ----> no
    well, therically military reforms are available even for non-roman factions (res bellicae for example has a lot of military reforms even for non-roman factions), so amybe it won't be easy just as turning the culture into greek, but it shouldn't take *that* long to create a small reform for the macedonian faction...

comrade_general, anyway I was wrong: only the Dahe faction leader has the incorrect general bodyguard, the other family members have the correct unit (so forgot my comment about changing that unit...the correct unit is fine for a steppe people )

Quote Originally Posted by Cinuz View Post
    well, therically military reforms are available even for non-roman factions (res bellicae for example has a lot of military reforms even for non-roman factions), so amybe it won't be easy just as turning the culture into greek, but it shouldn't take *that* long to create a small reform for the macedonian faction...

comrade_general, anyway I was wrong: only the Dahe faction leader has the incorrect general bodyguard, the other family members have the correct unit (so forgot my comment about changing that unit...the correct unit is fine for a steppe people )
    other factions get military reform units, but cannot start military reforms, only roman factions can do that

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Hopit View Post
    other factions get military reform units, but cannot start military reforms, only roman factions can do that
    At least roman "Marian Reform" is easy to implement and can be defined with ease, Reforms for other culture that can be self-initiated needs either background script or entangled EDB, not AI-friendly

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa