Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Persian Invasion Complete Edition Released

Default Re: Persian Invasion Complete Edition Released

Quote Originally Posted by Alcibia View Post
    i am new to this whole Total War thing and am enjoying it quite a bit. I am currently playing the version with RTW Barbarian Invasion, is that program compatible with this mod? Or do I need to try and find a copy of the original Rome Total War without the BI addition?
    It will still work without BI addition.

Spoiler for King of Persia
    ᴀʟʟ ʜᴀɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋɪɴɢ ᴏғ ᴋɪɴɢs

Hello I have one question
    One is can I recruit any Indian units outside of India, even just levies.
    Thanks

Tiro

When I conquered Thespiae with Sparta, there was a Sacred Grove of Api (a Scythian godess). Shouldn't this be a Temple of Aphrodite?
    The Scythians had never been there.
    Proud winner of the first XCmas contest of the Extended Cultures mod (XC)
    “War does not determine who is right - only who is left.” – Bertrand Russell
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” – Edmund Burke
    “Where they burn books, they will ultimately burn people also.” – Heinrich Heine
    "You know you're a history fan when you still get upset thinking about the Library of Alexandria." – unknown

Been enjoying this mod very much, but no campaign since I get a message that says I've been defeated and it ends the game. I seen someone else with this problem too, but I haven't read into it yet to see if there was a fix. Everything was real fun in this mod, but why are the Hoplite shields so small?

When does the Macedonian Reform occur? I am playing as Macedonia in Greco-Persian War campaign and I am being pretty pwened by the Greeks since they have more advanced units I am afraid only with Macedonian levies will not cut it to stop them. Also why Macedonia doesnt star with diplomats? The faction seams pretty under developed(the fact they still have Roman traits ,Roman Senate option that crashes your game,voices etc)... Well regarts and great job at this mod I always look foward to play in Greco Persian Wars or Greek Civil Wars in Antiquity.

Hi, just downloaded this mod and it is great but I am having a major bug, i cant load a save file, any ideas?

Many thanks

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodai View Post
    Hi, just downloaded this mod and it is great but I am having a major bug, i cant load a save file, any ideas?

Many thanks
    Did you try closing RTW and restarting the mod? Just quitting a game doesn't necessarily stop any background scripts that might be running (I don't recall if PI has any background scripts or not) and that can grey out the save and load options.

Tiro

Anyone have link to the full unit roster ?

tengo problemas con las murallas, donde consigo las murallas de piedra?

i'm having a problem with custom battles, I get kicked back to menu when I try to start said custom battle. is this a known bug or did I do something wrong when I installed?

comrade_general's Avatar 100% Prime Angus Beef

Quote Originally Posted by Alcibia View Post
    i am new to this whole Total War thing and am enjoying it quite a bit. I am currently playing the version with RTW Barbarian Invasion, is that program compatible with this mod? Or do I need to try and find a copy of the original Rome Total War without the BI addition?
    It will work with the copy you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Relentless Hunter 7 View Post
    I have played this mod and I find it very well made and interesting. But I have one problem. In one Indian town (the middle one near the borders with Persia- I can't remember the name, but not that in the shores) gives me a CTD whenever I double click on her to see the information. So you understand that I cannot siege this town because then the town's siege image will appear with all the information and I will get a CTD. If anyone could give me a hand I would be glad.
    You could try changing the default faction for that settlement in map_regions.txt Then you will need to delete map.rwm and start a new campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Luca1990 View Post
    hello, I have a problem with the battles .... when I load a battle the game crashes ... what can I do?
    Try a fresh install with the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by breenma View Post
    Hello I have one question
    One is can I recruit any Indian units outside of India, even just levies.
    Thanks
    The Indian units are restricted to just the India provinces, so this is intentional, but maybe not so good an idea. You can edit export_descr_buildings.txt by removing the lines "and hidden_resource India".

Quote Originally Posted by The_Judge View Post
    When I conquered Thespiae with Sparta, there was a Sacred Grove of Api (a Scythian godess). Shouldn't this be a Temple of Aphrodite?
    The Scythians had never been there.
    Just a small bit of detail that I missed.

Quote Originally Posted by hoffmann.sama View Post
    Been enjoying this mod very much, but no campaign since I get a message that says I've been defeated and it ends the game. I seen someone else with this problem too, but I haven't read into it yet to see if there was a fix. Everything was real fun in this mod, but why are the Hoplite shields so small?
    Have you installed the patch? Try a fresh install with the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by RomanSoldier9001 View Post
    When does the Macedonian Reform occur? I am playing as Macedonia in Greco-Persian War campaign and I am being pretty pwened by the Greeks since they have more advanced units I am afraid only with Macedonian levies will not cut it to stop them. Also why Macedonia doesnt star with diplomats? The faction seams pretty under developed(the fact they still have Roman traits ,Roman Senate option that crashes your game,voices etc)... Well regarts and great job at this mod I always look foward to play in Greco Persian Wars or Greek Civil Wars in Antiquity.
    They occur when one of the settlements in Macedonia becomes a huge city. The Macedonian faction is built on top of the old Julii faction and it is hard to completely cover up all the old Roman references. :/ Not sure about the diplomats though...

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodai View Post

Many thanks
    I've seen this happen with multiple mods and no one has ever found a good solution for it. One thing that sometimes works is turning off the auto-save function in preferences.txt

Quote Originally Posted by rusio View Post
    tengo problemas con las murallas, donde consigo las murallas de piedra?
    ¿Cuál es exactamente el problema con las paredes?

Quote Originally Posted by tigger_t View Post
    i'm having a problem with custom battles, I get kicked back to menu when I try to start said custom battle. is this a known bug or did I do something wrong when I installed?
    Do you get any error message when you close the game? Try a fresh install with the patch.

Congratz for ur mod! This is awesome!
    How to trigger macedonian army reform?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9hJ...5VPAVl&index=9

I made a let's play about this mod,hope you enjoy

I have found a bug. When I try to conquer Astacus (northern Turkey), it crash on dekstop.
    Anyone can help me? I play as Macedon.

Tienes que construir una ciudad y esperar que avance de nivel.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Almughavars View Post
    Tienes que construir una ciudad y esperar que avance de nivel.
    Please post in English only.