Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Persian Invasion Complete Edition Released

comrade_general's Avatar 100% Prime Angus Beef

Default Persian Invasion Complete Edition Released

version 1.0

Persian Invasion is a modification for Rome - Total War 1.5 that begins in 490BC

The vast Persian Empire celebrates a golden age of prosperity, and looms over the smaller states that surround it. The king of Persia, Darius the Great, is a tolerant leader, but he has not forgotten what happened in Ionia, and may yet seek revenge for Greek treachery...

Persian Invasion comes complete with many new unit models, skins, and other textures. Plus complete unit info cards, expertly constructed by Lanjane:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

See here the awesome units of King Louise Assurbanipal's hoplite pack:

Persian Invasion also features two fully playable campaigns, based around a vast campaign map.

The first focuses on Greek Hegemony, allowing you to play as any one of seven Greek City-States in a quest for dominance over all of Greece and beyond. Although you begin the campaign in a shaky alliance with your Greek neighbors, due to the Persian threat, it is only a matter of time before all hell breaks loose in a fierce fight for control.

A Hegemony campaign is begun, playing as Athens:

Athenians and Spartans clash:

A wounded Athenian soldier sits defeated below his Spartan captors:

The second campaign better simulates the main focal point of this modification; that being the Greco-Persian Wars. In this campaign the seven Greek City-States are fully united in defiance of the Persians, allowing you to muster soldiers from all the cities right from the start.

King Leonidas of Sparta leads an allied army of Greeks out to protect the mainland:

The Greek line braces against a Persian army:

Metal and muscle collide in a heated battle:

Not only can you play as Greeks and the mighty Persian Empire, but in both campaigns you can play as any of the following factions...

The Celtic and Illyrian nations, that others dare to call 'uncivilized':

The Scythian horse lords:

The multi-cultural Dahae Confederation:

The rich kingdoms of India, and their horrifying elephant monsters:

The mysterious Arabian Kingdom of Gerrha:

And last, but not least, the Kingdom of Macedonia. This is also a major highlight of the modification, because it is the only faction that can experience a military reform. This allows you to transform the small Macedonian state into a powerhouse, perhaps one that could even challenge the great Persian Empire!

Reforms occur, transforming the army into a professional military force:

Persian and Macedonian forces meet:

The world is yours, take it!
    Download Now!
    Download Patch 1

After extracting the compressed file, please follow the installation instructions in the included readme, but add -nm to the list of other stuff you put in the target line of your shortcut.
    Credits can also be found in the readme.
    This uses the mod switch function, so it will not alter your original game files or other mods you have.

Default Re: Persian Invasion Complete Edition Released

Good job! I was having fun playing the BETA this week and to my surprise the full version is now out. I've been meaning to ask, what is that neat main menu music that plays in the background?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

There are two that play in the menu, I think. Both of them are from the original game. The first is the music that plays when you win the campaign as an eastern faction (called Arabic Victory), and the second is the eastern campaign intro music (Eastern Intro).

Ah, figures it would be Jeff Van Dycke. I never finished an eastern campaign that I recall so that's probably why I don't remember. On another note, what the heck happened to the nice main menu background!? It's back to the red silhouette thing from vanilla.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Oh shart, my mistake - I forgot to add in the readme that you need to also add -nm in the shortcut line.

Ah, what a relief, I thought maybe you scrapped it as an "improvement". Good work though, and it just got better. Can't wait to start a serious campaign.. might do that tonight actually. Are you still working on the Orcs and Humans mod? And will Narnia be released anytime soon?

Cool, I look forward to hearing about your campaign.

I haven't done much with Orcs & Humans lately since I was working with PI and some other projects. Jubal is focusing a little more on Warhammer at the moment, but Narnia will soon follow.

No rush, this mod will keep us occupied. Now, time to go back to playing..

Evalation's Avatar Centenarius

Hello, im new to the forums but ive been playing mods for a long time now, especially this one i downloaded it a while back but it diddnt seem to be finished. One problem i had which i have found agian is that when you start a greek hegemony campaign you have a faction heir but hes not in the family tree, therefore when my faction leader dies it says i have been wiped out.
    i assume its for every faction because in the beta version factions were being wiped out but they werent at war with anyone.
    Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

More often than not you will be presented with the option to adopt someone into your family, which you should do.
    Thanks for the input though, this and other things will be fixed with a patch before long.

Ok ill do that, thanks for continuing work on this mod. Really great job!

Looks like a great, original theme RTW mod, excellent map. I am downloading now and definitely will find time to go to battles. Until then a cookie for the responsible one.

Downloading it now, looking forward to this
    "What? Men dodging this way for single bullets? What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..."- The last words of General John Sedgewick, killed by a sniper in the American civil war

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Very nice, congratulations on the release
    *downloading*

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

loet66's Avatar Senator

Hi,

Superb work !

+ REP !

prdude1234's Avatar Biarchus

What is that of a wounded soldier sitting? If a soldier is not killed he will sit in the ground and "surrender"? That looks pretty cool ^_^ And it has blood effects? Damn, I need to clear some Hard Drive on my PC to reinstall RTW and get this mod!
    A proud Latin

Un Puertorriqueño orgullozo!
    A proud Puertorican here!

Gamertag: prdude123

finally

My Hegemon Campaign CTD'always i can't start it .

And i have one major criticism :

Why are all Persian cities of equal size ?
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; March 04, 2012 at 06:40 PM.

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

Why won't this mod and the "Rise of Persia" team join together? Even though the eras are different (not too far apart though) Imagine the epicness. Meh, I can dream I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Master_Mind View Post
    finally

My Hegemon Campaign CTD'always i can't start it .

And i have one major criticism :

Did you install it right? Hegemon campaign works for me.

Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by prdude1234 View Post
    What is that of a wounded soldier sitting? If a soldier is not killed he will sit in the ground and "surrender"? That looks pretty cool ^_^ And it has blood effects? Damn, I need to clear some Hard Drive on my PC to reinstall RTW and get this mod!
    That shot was a bit of camera trickery on my part, turned out pretty cool though. Also the blood effects were added later.

Quote Originally Posted by Master_Mind View Post
    Because there are a lot of them.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast