Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zosimus back in print!

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: Zosimus back in print!

I really hate that there is little to no access to primary or secondary sources for this timeframe for me at all without having to pay rediculously high prices (it's 150 dolars for a copy of the Gallic Chronicle of 452) or having to wait 3 months for a library book to come from the othere side of SC.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Zosimus back in print!

knon, com'on don't be so elitist, please!! You are a good boy with an interest in Late Antiquity but there are many in the English-speaking world!!!

About University Libraries: But my dears, here, in Italy, it pays the State!!!! Don't you belive me? OK! Come here and take a look!!

Anyway, I'll repeat and belive me: 500 copies are very few on a population of 62.000.000 of citizens highly literate and printed in a language (English) which be read in the USA, Canada and Australia!!

(do you want a suggestion guys?
    Search for the real numerical dimension of the English-speaking editorial market, come back here and give us, using a little intellectual honesty, the results!!!!!....I'm waiting........
    (march -14-'12: waiting....)
    (march -15-'12: waiting....)
    (march -16-'12: waiting....)
    (march -17-'12: waiting....)
    (march -18-'12: waiting....)
    (no more waiting! I understood!!.....)

Only USA are a market of more than 300.000.000 of english-speaking citizens!! Add Australia, Canada, New Zeland, India etc., etc.!!!

Please! Com'on friends!!! Try to be serious!! 500 copies of Zosimus are ridicolous and miserable!)

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius
    I really hate that there is little to no access to primary or secondary sources for this timeframe for me at all without having to pay rediculously high prices (it's 150 dolars for a copy of the Gallic Chronicle of 452) or having to wait 3 months for a library book to come from the othere side of SC.
    MMFE I totally agree with your words, and this is the reason because I want more e-books!!!!
    But we will win, time, progress and history are with us and .....maybe also Pallas Athena!!!
    Last edited by Diocle; March 19, 2012 at 05:39 PM. Reason: adding the amount of time I waiting for an answer!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12