Thread: Changing Bodyguard Mid-Campaign

Judeman266's Avatar Senator

Icon7 Changing Bodyguard Mid-Campaign

I just found this thread that shows how to enable the "marian reform" event in order to automatically change bodyguard units after the event. This means that we would be able to change from the Early Bodyguard to the Late Bodyguard midcampaign. I thought this info would be useful since DOTS goes from 1080 to 1450.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=524825

Default Re: Changing Bodyguard Mid-Campaign

I think one of the best mods which could be added to DotS is this:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=490115
    With this, we could change our noble's bodyguard from cavalry to infantry before siege, or we could change the permanent PSF garrisons to cavalry for the time of the break-out.

Dominion of the Sword - Magyar Department - Coordinator, PSF research leader
    The Great Conflicts - Magyar tribes researcher
    Heiğinn Veğr: Total War- Magyar tribes and Kingdom of Hungary researcher

The bodygaurd switching would be amazing if it can be flawlessly implemented, as it stands it seems a bit prone to errors.
    Looking forward to Dominion of the Sword
    PSN ID: mynameisowen; add me if you play GT5 or Battlefield.

Yeah, this would be great. Fingers crossed, though I doubt it would make it into the first version, anyway.
    Last edited by Cyprian2; March 02, 2012 at 03:51 AM.

Diodredai's Avatar Tiro
    Budapest, Hungary formerly Melbourne Australia

Nonetheless we always welcome good ideas!
    Although I do believe that the guys are aware of the various useful
    sub-mods and mini-mods that other mods use.
    I can't comment on whether or not this is already among the stuff
    that will be in the first release, but due to our emphasis on siege warfare
    (which is pretty neglected in other mods due to the lack of PSF towns that
    will be our unique feature) I'm sure this will be implemented.

(After asking for permission from the intellectual property holders of course).
    Last edited by Diodredai; March 02, 2012 at 03:54 PM.

Creator of the Unoffical DotS FAQ thread
    "Sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine" (translation: "Lord save us from the arrows of the Hungarians")
    Creator of the Share your musical heritage! thread in the DotS forums

Judeman266's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Diodredai View Post

(After asking for permission from the intellectual property holders of course).
    Lol!

I understand though. The only other way I know of changing the bodyguard mid campaign is manually editing the EDU (which most players can't/won't do or find it too much of a hassle), or switching to another EDU which can still be annoying for some players. The 2 methods I mentioned, as easy as they are, might be too much of a problem for some players so if the marian_reforms method can work it would be a boon.

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisowen View Post
    The bodygaurd switching would be amazing if it can be flawlessly implemented, as it stands it seems a bit prone to errors.
    The most logical way I can think of is using the Rome province as a trigger. since most of the time it will be held by a passive faction .

Essentially, have Rome start as a smaller settlement (not unrealistic anyway. Rome in the middle ages was quite devastated) , and then at the point you want use a console command so that it turns into a huge city and it should work... of course it would be slightly problematic if someone took Rome and gets a free huge city...
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Dear,

Maybe by adding more armour upgrade levels to the general's bodyguard unit and also the relevant models, we can accomplish the transition between Early bodyguards and Late bodyguards. Nevertheless, I was thinking about something like making the western Late Bodyguard into gunner calvary units. I mean, with the advantage of musketeers, more nobles would prefer these firearms in addition to a short blade, yes?

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Fatecheater View Post
    Dear,

Maybe by adding more armour upgrade levels to the general's bodyguard unit and also the relevant models, we can accomplish the transition between Early bodyguards and Late bodyguards. Nevertheless, I was thinking about something like making the western Late Bodyguard into gunner calvary units. I mean, with the advantage of musketeers, more nobles would prefer these firearms in addition to a short blade, yes?
    A. you can not have more than 3 levels of upgrade, 1 level roughly equals 2 armour point (though in stats it only says one point). so there is a limit to upgrade.

B. Upgrade can not reflect change in weapons.

C.you COULD upgrade to change shield (such as from Kite to Heater to Non) BUTTTT the EDU's shield point will remain the same.

D. nobles in the west were almost never gunners, for one thing, guns, espeically within the time frame, tend to be rather dangerous weapons.... that is.. dangerous to the wielder, the chances of you being badly hurt or even killed from gun implosion is fairly high. and by the time guns were really reliable... generals cease to fight at the front line anyway.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....