Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Uncle Imrahil + Dwarven + Aragorn v1,02 Family Tree minimods now for 3.2

Default Re: Uncle Imrahil + Dwarven + Aragorn v1,02 Family Tree minimods now for 3.2 == Updated 10th June 2012

Glad you made these! I'm using all three for my game. I can't play a game with Eriador when Aragorn has three sons and is not married to Arwen, I'm to much a role player for that. The same goes for Imrahil being a son of Denethor. It's nice that you can build his family tree also. Thank you very much!

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Uncle Imrahil + Dwarven + Aragorn v1,02 Family Tree minimods now for 3.2 == Updated 10th June 2012

Glad it's appriciated
    Last edited by Ngugi; March 15, 2013 at 08:36 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

In the opening post, you said the name of Arathorn's wife was fanfiction .Why didn't you put Gilraen?
    Last edited by Feanaro Curufinwe; March 25, 2013 at 09:40 AM.
    It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
    Proud supporter and fan of Fourth Age: Total War

Ah, that's a mistake on my part, because I did use Gilraen
    It is Arathorn's mother, Aradorn's wife, that has been given a fan fic' name hehe

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Noob.

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

Thanks for clearing that out.
    It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
    Proud supporter and fan of Fourth Age: Total War

I can't but mention that Aragorn's grandfather's name wasn't Aradorn but Arador. I saw this misspelling in the section of lore notifications in the preview and in the post #144 by Ngugi. The proof can be this passage of LotR - Appendix A - I The Númenórean Kings - (v) Here Follows a Part of the Tale of Aragorn and Arwen.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    'Arador was the grandfather of the King. His son Arathorn sought in marriage Gilraen the Fair, daughter of Dírhael, who was himself a descendant of Aranarth. To this marriage Dírhael was opposed; for Gilraen was young and had not leached the age at which the women of the Dúnedain wen accustomed to marry.

Indeed, dunno where I got the -n from, must been tired haha
    Well well, such things happends, I fix it in next version

Thanks for understanding

Civis

those dead folks on the tree dint died peacfully...

Can't be edited.

Dont be angry with me but how can be Aragorn married with Arwen in 2980 TA he would be single. Do you preparing any patch? (sorry my english). Thank for response.

Not offended
    Well, there's a couple of reasons:

First we could leave Aragorn unmarried, but the game provide problems then because if Aragorn dies in battle (or of age once he's around 120 years) the faction will die if there are no heirs, and teh game will be over.
    Unless he is married I'm not sure he can even adopt, and anyhow since the bloodline from father to son all the way back to Isildur is so important for the Northern Dúendain it is not appealing to have to let the line continue trough adoptions instead of children.
    That also rule out to give Eriador/Arnor a teutonic family tree (as for Mordor or OotMM, who have no family tree but only use adoptions) even if it from one perspective is more lore accurate.
    Last if a player wanted to continue Aragorn's bloodline he would have to marry someone random.

Secondly in TATW (and I simply assume you remember how Eriador's tree situation look in TATW) they chose to be faitful to lore by not having Aragorn married to Arwen when the game begin.
    But instead Aragorn is married to some random chick, and have children already. Perhaps it's meant to be relatives of his rather than children, anyway I do not like that solution.

Thirdly in 2980 Aragorn and Arwen were bethroted to each other - even if it took another 39 years before they actually married.

These three points combined mean I consider that to have Arwen as Aragorn's wife in 2980 is the best of the possible solutions, of which no one is perfect.

EDIT: Yes a patch will come sooner or later, but only to correct that Aragorn's father's name is misspelled.
    Last edited by Ngugi; December 29, 2013 at 11:32 AM.

So i suppose its not compatible with mos.(bugger ). one more thing wouldnt be a bad idea(in the dwarven family tree) if instead of simply thorin you could rename him thorin okenshield just saying.

Nope. This mod is already in MOS - or at least partly, I've understood Gondor's tree, if none else, has been massivly revamped in MOS nowdays.

Thorin Oakenshield has been dead for 19 years in 2980, so if you is refering to Dain's son, the faction heir, that is Thorin III and not Thorin Oakenshield.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Nope. This mod is already in MOS - or at least partly, I've understood Gondor's tree, if none else, has been massivly revamped in MOS nowdays.

Thorin Oakenshield has been dead for 19 years in 2980, so if you is refering to Dain's son, the faction heir, that is Thorin III and not Thorin Oakenshield.
    Ohh of course i got too inspired by the Hobbit !!

Also one question is the new mod by emperor of hell of Boromir in plate armor compatible with mos or is already included in mos??

As there's no version of it for MOS, the answer is; only if you use the manual merge

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    As there's no version of it for MOS, the answer is; only if you use the manual merge
    thanks ngugi!!

Interesting point regarding Ecthelion II's age, he used to be Gondor's starting leader in Vanilla but I am uncertain as to why he was removed from the mod I think that may need to rectified at some point both the reasons for removing him and adding him back if anyone wants to add him back
    Last edited by jedi7000nathan; December 31, 2013 at 12:00 AM.