Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: (Proposal) Westeros RPG

Barbarian Nobility's Avatar Tribunus
    South Australia - Land of the Bogan and home of the serial killer

Default Re: (Proposal) Westeros RPG

Quote Originally Posted by Darkan View Post
    What about "careers" in Westeros? Will the players be able to choose from more of them? Something like maester, knight, mercenary, etc etc? Or will the player start as the head of a house, be it a minor one or a large one?
    Let´s not forget the Night´s Watch or the Kingsguard!
    Its 'Game of thrones' so i'd be voting to hold back on careers and simply play a political game of the nobility. For the start of the game players would begin as the head of their own household with land already established. Subsequent players would choose a house to swear fealty to.

Bonez's Avatar Protector Domesticus

That is what I'm thinking, the titles that are there atm are all place names anyway so they are titles the game needs, but unique houses are what we are going for.

Also Psychotic, is it okay if I put you down as an admin for this?

Barbarian Nobility's Avatar Tribunus
    South Australia - Land of the Bogan and home of the serial killer

For sure!

Darkan's Avatar Senator

I see that other potential players are interested in playing as the Lord of the Iron Isles so maybe you can add them as well. Besides, they are on the map. Also, if it doesn´t complicate things too much, I would suggest adding the title Lord of the Night´s Watch, seeing as it holds lands and (at least) four titles (the main one and Ruler of the three castles). Besides, we would have a place to banish our foes to.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by bonez899 View Post
    I would need some other people to help me with splitting up the map and such...
    Would something like this be OK? I know it is basic but I could try to work on it.

EDIT2: As you said at the beggining of the OP, if the game starts from the Game of Thrones book, Dragonstone belongs to Stannis so it is not a separate part, it belongs to King´s Landing and the Crownlands. It is a major lordship but not one of the main start positions (else we would need to add Bolton for the North, Freys for the Riverlands etc). I therefore suggest considering changing Dragonstone for the Iron Islands. I´m not trying to criticise, just bringing input. Cheers!
    Last edited by Darkan; March 01, 2012 at 07:43 AM.
    [DLV 6.2 AAR] - The Danish House of Hen - updated 20/08/18 - on hold
    [King of Dragon Pass AAR] - The Drakkar Saga - updated 14/04/18 - on hold
    Participate in the TotW!!! PARTICIPATE!!!
    DuckDuckGo

We are going to need more dimensions to this than just an alliance game setup.

knight of virtue and valor's Avatar Praefectus
    In the nightmares of my foes (bakersfield, CALI, allright)

Quote Originally Posted by Severus Snape View Post
    We are going to need more dimensions to this than just an alliance game setup.
    like what? I'm just curious.
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

this be OK? I know it is basic but I could try to work on it.

I forgot to update but another player gave me the map that we would need for this.

Darkan's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by knight of virtue and valor View Post
    Me too!

I forgot to update but another player gave me the map that we would need for this.
    Ok, no problem, will check for updates and see then.
    [DLV 6.2 AAR] - The Danish House of Hen - updated 20/08/18 - on hold
    [King of Dragon Pass AAR] - The Drakkar Saga - updated 14/04/18 - on hold
    Participate in the TotW!!! PARTICIPATE!!!
    DuckDuckGo

Additional RP elements and opportunities beyond just military roleplay.

Alright, one profession I can add right of are Maesters which are basically a monk, scholar type thing who are given over to the church and trained in many different forums of learning, aswell as another thing that is always great, the church, what medieval type scociety is it without the church...

Cleftjaw's Avatar Semisalis

I'd like to be the Lord of the Iron Islands!

Alright, one profession I can add right of are Maesters which are basically a monk, scholar type thing who are given over to the church and trained in many different forums of learning, aswell as another thing that is always great, the church, what medieval type scociety is it without the church...
    Have you even read the books?

Maesters are not trained in the church nor are they monks. They are thought every known skill in the world, politics, alchemy, history, biology, occultism, raven care, etc... And then they are given to a lord or some other important person to act as their advisor and doctors. The church has nothing to do with them.

knight of virtue and valor's Avatar Praefectus
    In the nightmares of my foes (bakersfield, CALI, allright)

Quote Originally Posted by Master Necromancer View Post
    Have you even read the books?

Maesters are not trained in the church nor are they monks. They are thought every known skill in the world, politics, alchemy, history, biology, occultism, raven care, etc... And then they are given to a lord or some other important person to act as their advisor and doctors. The church has nothing to do with them.
    Exactly. they are the most deadicated to learning, in the most absolute way possible. they wear a chain around their neck, and they forge that chain with a differant material in each link, each of those differant links representing mastery of a different school of learning (warfare, politics, chemistry). Now their ARE monks. their called Septims.
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

Exactly. they are the most deadicated to learning, in the most absolute way possible. they wear a chain around their neck, and they forge that chain with a differant material in each link, each of those differant links representing mastery of a different school of learning (warfare, politics, chemistry). Now their ARE monks. their called Septims.
    Yes but they are no a part of the church.

Well, from what I have read I was assuming since they are un-allowed to marry, have children, and are trained at a citadel that they were somehow involved in the church someway... At any rate I haven't read all the books only up to the third one and working on the rest.

Well, from what I have read I was assuming since they are un-allowed to marry, have children, and are trained at a citadel that they were somehow involved in the church someway... At any rate I haven't read all the books only up to the third one and working on the rest.
    Neither is the Night watch or the kings guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Necromancer View Post
    Neither is the Night watch or the kings guard.
    The biggest thing for me was that their base is a citadel. The Night watch or kings guard are different cases, they don't join either unless they chose so and it is considered an honor among fighting men to be in the latter if not the first.

I don't have time to play a rpg at the moment, so this isn't an expression of interest, but I was reminded of westeros game on another site which had a set of mechanics you might like to borrow. You need to register to view the site or contact members, so I'll drop the OP with the rules into a spoiler tag.

I've played games run by the GM in the past, and he's a nice guy. If you asked him he'd be fine with you borrowing the mechanics, he might even ask to join in.

http://forums.spacebattles.com/showthread.php?t=212051

http://forums.spacebattles.com/showthread.php?t=212130

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Westeros, land of kings!
    Link to the IC thread is here http://forums.spacebattles.com/showthread.php?t=212130

You! Yes YOU, are a lord of Westeros. Pick one of the ancient great houses, a minor house or make one up of your own (heraldry required good sir!) and take up one of the many beautiful, scenic and resource rich provinces of Westeros!

A beautifully detailed map, updated by the latest news from across the land, will be provided and you yourself can stretch forth your hand and take up arms against your fellow lords, or scheme to have them murdered in the night. The choice is yours sir.

But FIRST! the ground rules. (and the map, which is in the link, a smaller version of which will be updated once everyones chosen starting provinces have been chosen.)

1. no technological developments beyond what is mentioned in the novels (no Cannons or Firearms)
    2. For the purposes of this game, nothing beyond Westeros exists.
    3. You MUST choose a bloodline for your House.

Bloodlines

1. Blood of the First Men: Descended from the Fire Men, those who first came to Westeros and fought first against the Children of the Forest, then with them against the Others. Your House worships the Old Gods and forsakes the ways of the Seven.

Gain: Resistance to Cold

2. Blood of Valyria: Descended from the mighty empire of Valyria, that ancient nation that was destroyed in the Doom of Valyria, your forebears came as conquerors to these lands and adopted the worship of the Seven from the locals.

Gain: Resistance to Heat

3. Blood of the Andals: You are descended from the migrations of Andals who came to Westeros thousands of years after the First Men, and who claimed lordship over the southern lands. Your people have worshipped the Seven since before you crossed from the mainland and have spread the faith far and wide.

Gain: Bonus happiness in provinces with populations who worship the Seven.

Provincial Resources

Depending on the features of a province, only certain Specialties can be created there.

Provinces with Mountains can have mines built on them to improve income and the quality of arms and armor your troops are equipped with.

Provinces with Forests can have lumbermills built, which increased income from trade and improve the quality of siege weapons and ranged weapons.

Provinces with Plains can have farms built, which will increase food production and income from farming.

Provinces with a Coastline can have Ports built, which will allow you to produce sea worthy vessels for trade or war.

Universal Improvements

Roads can be constructed in any province, they will improve trade as well as reduce the time it takes to travel from province to province.

Granaries can be constructed to hold a portion of a province's food production in reserve in case of war, famine, poor harvest or poor weather.

Castles can be constructed to safeguard your provinces from attack, as well as act as mustering grounds for your armies.

Strongholds can be constructed to provide even greater protection to your provinces and can muster even more troops. Note, a province with your Stronghold will become your capitol and each faction will have the ability to produce only a single stronghold.

Provincial Statistics

Tax level (Very Low, Low, Moderate, High, Very High): You will receive income from your province dependent on the taxes you impose on your subjects. Lower taxes improve happiness, higher taxes decrease it. Lower taxes will also increase the health of your subjects, whilst higher taxes will see it lower.

Happiness: Your subjects will have a happiness rating depending on the tax level, their state of health, whether they are at war (bonus if winning, penalty if losing) if they are under siege, if there are severe storms or droughts etc etc. A low happiness will lead to revolts from your population!

Health: The health of your subjects will influence the quality of your troops as well as their happiness, a very low health will almost certainly lead to plague, loss of trade and lower outputs from income producing buildings. A very high health will keep your populace happy and productive

Trade: Trading with other provinces is a good way of garnering a small, steady supply of income. If you are trading with another province that has access to resources you do not, so long as you trade with them you can gain access to a small supply of those resources, and vice versa. You will gain 1 income and 1 production of each type for every province you are trading with. NOTE! If you are trading with a province and neutral or enemy armies choose to raid a province in which your trade travels, unless you have an alliance or treaty with the Lord of the raiding forces, any income you garner from those trade routes will go to the raiding player/lord. (so for example you are trading with both a province adjacent to you and one further away, if the province further away is raided, any income from that trade is forfeited and goes to the Raiding Lord.)

Production: This is the production of goods (Metal, Lumber, Food) that your province(s) contribute every turn. Metal is needed to create Knights, powerful mounted soldiers, and wood is needed to create siege weapons, useful against castles and strongholds. Food is needed to feed your army the people of your province(s)

Upkeep: The Upkeep for the maintenance of your castles and strongholds as well as for the feeding and equipping of your armies will be subtracted from your income every turn. Should you be unable to pay the upkeep for your armies, they will disband. If you are unable to pay for the upkeep of castles and Strongholds you will not be able to benefit from their full bonuses or mustering abilities.

Income: This is the total income of gold crowns to your treasury after taxes, production, trade and upkeep.

Treasury: The current amount of gold crowns you have in your coffers.

Example of your Statistics Layout
    Tax Level: Low
    Happiness: High
    Health: Healthy
    Trade: 2 income, 1 metal, 2 lumber
    Production: 20 food, 5 metal, 5 lumber
    Upkeep: 21 (5 from Stronghold, 6 from knights, 6 from Siege weapons, and 4 from infantry.)
    Income: 27 (2 from trade, 4 from taxes, 10 from farms, 8 from Lumbermill, 20 from mines.)

Units

Infantry
    Cost: 1
    Upkeep: 0.5
    Production: 1 Food
    Strength: 1

Knights
    Cost: 2
    Upkeep:1
    Production: 1 Food, 1 Metal
    Strength: 2

Siege Weapons
    Upkeep: 1
    Production: 1 Food, 2 Lumber
    Strength: 4 (vs Castles and Strongholds, 0 in open battle.)

Ships
    Production: 1 Food, 1 Lumber
    Special: facilitates transport across sea to land on other province's shores.

Important Questions

Who Wins Ties?
    Ties in terms of combat strength are determined by whomsoever has more territory, as they can replace losses and equipment and thus fight for longer.

What Happens To Troops Who Lose Combat?
    Siege Engines are Destroyed if forced to retreat, a single infantry is destroyed for every enemy knight in the victorious players army. A defeated army is put to flight after losing combat, and must retreat into either a friendly province (a neutral one who gives permission, a province of an ally or a one controlled by the losing player.)

Defeated troops may not participate in another combat for that turn, should the province they are in be attacked, and whatever force defending it defeated, any troops that existed in that province who had already fled that turn would be destroyed.

If an army has nowhere to retreat to, either through neutral players disallowing them to enter their lands or some such, then the defeated army is destroyed outright.

Ship combat is decided differently, for every ship the victorious player has more than the defeated player, the defeated player loses a ship.

What do Castles and Strongholds do?

Castles double the strength of any defending troops in them. Strongholds quadruple it.

How far can an Army march in one turn?
    An army can only march into a single adjacent province per turn.

What do players start off with in terms of units and provincial improvements?

Each player will start off with 2 infantry and 1 group of knights, as well as a castle and Farms.

How do you improve the health of your citizens?
    Having lower taxes and improving your farms.

You can improve farms? and Other buildings?
    Yes, you can. it requires sending away for a Maester from Old Town who is capable of improving in the areas you want to improve in (The more links in the chain you want, the more the Maester will cost, and depending on the links you want, the longer he will take to get to you.)
    A useful link on Maesters! http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Maesters

Provincial Improvement Costs

Castle
    cost: 5 Crowns
    time: 2 turns
    upkeep cost per turn: 2.5
    ability: doubles strength of defending units in a province. Allows you to muster up to 1 unit every turn.

Stronghold
    Cost: 10 crowns
    time: 3 turns
    upkeep cost per turn: 5
    ability: quadruples strength of defensive units in a province. Allows you to muster up to 2 units every turn.

Roads
    Cost: 6 crowns
    upkeep cost per turn: 0.5
    ability: Allows you to move troops from or through it without using up a units movement. (if attacking from a province with roads, movement is not used up. If attacking a province with roads, movement is not used up. Also allows you to request payment for use of your roads from other players. Roads can be built in any province.)

Farms (Note, every province starts with Scattered Farms, upgrading from there requires Crowns and time. spending 2 crowns and waiting 1 turn each time you wish to upgrade. Farms can be upgraded a total of 3 times, and all three upgrades can, if you wish, be purchased at once. Farms can be built in any province.)
    Cost: 0/2/4/6
    time: 0/1/2/3
    upkeep: 0
    Production:
    Scattered Farms = 5 food, 1 income
    Small Farms = 10 food, 2 income
    Large Farms = 15 food, 3 income
    Communal Farms = 20 food, 4 income.

Lumbercamp (After a lumbercamp is built, it can be upgraded to a lumbermill for an additional cost of 3 crowns and waiting another turn, this will increase both the Lumber and Income produced by 2, to a total of 4 lumber and 4 income. Lumbercamps can only be built in provinces with forests)
    cost: 3 crowns
    time: 1 turn
    upkeep: 0.5 Crowns
    production: 2 Lumber, 2 income.

Mines (mines can only be built in provinces with mountains.)
    Time: 2 turns
    upkeep: 1 crown
    production: 6 metal, 8 income.

Markets (Can be built in any province)
    enables: Trade with other provinces.

Ports (can only be built in provinces on the coast.)
    Cost: 8 crowns
    enables: building of ships (for use for warfare and trade)

Stronghold Buildings

Granaries (can only be built in provinces with a Stronghold)
    cost: 6 crowns
    upkeep: 0.5 crowns
    enables: saving food from one turn to the next incase of poor harvests, sieges or droughts.

Armoury (can only be built in provinces with a Stronghold)
    cost: 8 crowns
    enables: if you are tied for strength in battle with an enemy, and you have an armoury and your opponent does not, your army is counted as 1 strength higher than the enemy's. Should you both have an Armoury, then normal rules for ties still apply.)

Maesters

Having a Maester, while costly, offers benefits such as discounts to troop upkeep/costs, building upkeep/costs, improved production from farms/mines/lumbercamps, counter spying, magical enchantments and the like.

Maesters can only be knowledgable in a number of things, however, and the more a Maester knows the more costly it is to seek his services/retain him.

(Maesters can be hired at a cost of 1 Crown per Link in their Maester's Chain. A Maester's Chain signifies what matter of knowledge he is an expert in and thus, what benefits he may/will give you. Maester's can have a maximum of 10 links in their chain, but such knowledgable individuals are rare and precious. Also, the knowledge of Magic, signified by a Valyrian Steel link in a Maester's Chain, is said to be held by only 1 in every hundred maesters, so it is not always available.)

Who's orders go first?

Just to nip this question in the bud, whoever has sent their House's Final Orders first gets their actions completed first.

'But what about Maester's who specialize in ravens?!' I hear you ask, FEAR NOT!

Raven Maester's allow you to get your orders sent first, unless someone who ALSO has Raven's goes before you, then you go after them.

HOW TO CALCULATE HAPPINESS OR HEALTH IN A PROVINCE

I thought I had explained it to you quite simply, but I must have left out some key details.

So here is the break down!

There are 5 tax levels which are thus
    Very low (-20 Happiness, -10 health, gives you 2 income)
    Low (-40 Happiness, -20 health, gives you 4 income)
    Moderate (-60 Happiness, -30 Health, gives you 6 income)
    High (-80 Happiness, -40 Health, gives you 8 income)
    Very High (-100 Happiness, -50 Health, gives you 10 income)

To keep your provinces fed, it costs a minimum of 1 food per province you control. (If you own 1, it costs 1, if you own 2 it costs 2 etc etc)

You can give your provinces additional food, and for each food spent this way the happiness in a province goes up by 10 and health goes up by 5 (so if you gave a province an additional 3 food it would increase happiness by 30 and health by 15.)

NOW! onto how Trade works. Your provinces don't give you any additional bonuses for trade in between themselves, as they would essentially just be moving about goods you already own. A province with a Market may trade with any adjacent provinces that are NOT owned by you, and receive 1 income for each province it does so with. Should a province you are trading with have a mine or lumbermill then you get +1 lumber/metal for each province that has those improvements (So if your trading with 3 adjacent provinces that your House doesn't control then you would get 3 income from trade +1 metal/lumberfor each mine or lumbermill that exists in those provinces.

The GM's username is KnightErrant.

Have fun if you get things up and running, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Stereo1 View Post
    I don't have time to play a rpg at the moment, so this isn't an expression of interest, but I was reminded of westeros game on another site which had a set of mechanics you might like to borrow. You need to register to view the site or contact members, so I'll drop the OP with the rules into a spoiler tag.

I've played games run by the GM in the past, and he's a nice guy. If you asked him he'd be fine with you borrowing the mechanics, he might even ask to join in.

http://forums.spacebattles.com/showthread.php?t=212051

http://forums.spacebattles.com/showthread.php?t=212130

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Westeros, land of kings!
    Link to the IC thread is here http://forums.spacebattles.com/showthread.php?t=212130

You! Yes YOU, are a lord of Westeros. Pick one of the ancient great houses, a minor house or make one up of your own (heraldry required good sir!) and take up one of the many beautiful, scenic and resource rich provinces of Westeros!

A beautifully detailed map, updated by the latest news from across the land, will be provided and you yourself can stretch forth your hand and take up arms against your fellow lords, or scheme to have them murdered in the night. The choice is yours sir.

But FIRST! the ground rules. (and the map, which is in the link, a smaller version of which will be updated once everyones chosen starting provinces have been chosen.)

1. no technological developments beyond what is mentioned in the novels (no Cannons or Firearms)
    2. For the purposes of this game, nothing beyond Westeros exists.
    3. You MUST choose a bloodline for your House.

Bloodlines

1. Blood of the First Men: Descended from the Fire Men, those who first came to Westeros and fought first against the Children of the Forest, then with them against the Others. Your House worships the Old Gods and forsakes the ways of the Seven.

Gain: Resistance to Cold

2. Blood of Valyria: Descended from the mighty empire of Valyria, that ancient nation that was destroyed in the Doom of Valyria, your forebears came as conquerors to these lands and adopted the worship of the Seven from the locals.

Gain: Resistance to Heat

3. Blood of the Andals: You are descended from the migrations of Andals who came to Westeros thousands of years after the First Men, and who claimed lordship over the southern lands. Your people have worshipped the Seven since before you crossed from the mainland and have spread the faith far and wide.

Gain: Bonus happiness in provinces with populations who worship the Seven.

Provincial Resources

Depending on the features of a province, only certain Specialties can be created there.

Provinces with Mountains can have mines built on them to improve income and the quality of arms and armor your troops are equipped with.

Provinces with Forests can have lumbermills built, which increased income from trade and improve the quality of siege weapons and ranged weapons.

Provinces with Plains can have farms built, which will increase food production and income from farming.

Provinces with a Coastline can have Ports built, which will allow you to produce sea worthy vessels for trade or war.

Universal Improvements

Roads can be constructed in any province, they will improve trade as well as reduce the time it takes to travel from province to province.

Granaries can be constructed to hold a portion of a province's food production in reserve in case of war, famine, poor harvest or poor weather.

Castles can be constructed to safeguard your provinces from attack, as well as act as mustering grounds for your armies.

Strongholds can be constructed to provide even greater protection to your provinces and can muster even more troops. Note, a province with your Stronghold will become your capitol and each faction will have the ability to produce only a single stronghold.

Provincial Statistics

Tax level (Very Low, Low, Moderate, High, Very High): You will receive income from your province dependent on the taxes you impose on your subjects. Lower taxes improve happiness, higher taxes decrease it. Lower taxes will also increase the health of your subjects, whilst higher taxes will see it lower.

Happiness: Your subjects will have a happiness rating depending on the tax level, their state of health, whether they are at war (bonus if winning, penalty if losing) if they are under siege, if there are severe storms or droughts etc etc. A low happiness will lead to revolts from your population!

Health: The health of your subjects will influence the quality of your troops as well as their happiness, a very low health will almost certainly lead to plague, loss of trade and lower outputs from income producing buildings. A very high health will keep your populace happy and productive

Trade: Trading with other provinces is a good way of garnering a small, steady supply of income. If you are trading with another province that has access to resources you do not, so long as you trade with them you can gain access to a small supply of those resources, and vice versa. You will gain 1 income and 1 production of each type for every province you are trading with. NOTE! If you are trading with a province and neutral or enemy armies choose to raid a province in which your trade travels, unless you have an alliance or treaty with the Lord of the raiding forces, any income you garner from those trade routes will go to the raiding player/lord. (so for example you are trading with both a province adjacent to you and one further away, if the province further away is raided, any income from that trade is forfeited and goes to the Raiding Lord.)

Production: This is the production of goods (Metal, Lumber, Food) that your province(s) contribute every turn. Metal is needed to create Knights, powerful mounted soldiers, and wood is needed to create siege weapons, useful against castles and strongholds. Food is needed to feed your army the people of your province(s)

Upkeep: The Upkeep for the maintenance of your castles and strongholds as well as for the feeding and equipping of your armies will be subtracted from your income every turn. Should you be unable to pay the upkeep for your armies, they will disband. If you are unable to pay for the upkeep of castles and Strongholds you will not be able to benefit from their full bonuses or mustering abilities.

Income: This is the total income of gold crowns to your treasury after taxes, production, trade and upkeep.

Treasury: The current amount of gold crowns you have in your coffers.

Example of your Statistics Layout
    Tax Level: Low
    Happiness: High
    Health: Healthy
    Trade: 2 income, 1 metal, 2 lumber
    Production: 20 food, 5 metal, 5 lumber
    Upkeep: 21 (5 from Stronghold, 6 from knights, 6 from Siege weapons, and 4 from infantry.)
    Income: 27 (2 from trade, 4 from taxes, 10 from farms, 8 from Lumbermill, 20 from mines.)

Units

Infantry
    Upkeep: 0.5
    Production: 1 Food

Knights
    Upkeep:1
    Production: 1 Food, 1 Metal
    Strength: 2

Siege Weapons
    Production: 1 Food, 2 Lumber
    Strength: 4 (vs Castles and Strongholds, 0 in open battle.)

Ships
    Production: 1 Food, 1 Lumber
    Special: facilitates transport across sea to land on other province's shores.

Important Questions

Who Wins Ties?
    Ties in terms of combat strength are determined by whomsoever has more territory, as they can replace losses and equipment and thus fight for longer.

What Happens To Troops Who Lose Combat?
    Siege Engines are Destroyed if forced to retreat, a single infantry is destroyed for every enemy knight in the victorious players army. A defeated army is put to flight after losing combat, and must retreat into either a friendly province (a neutral one who gives permission, a province of an ally or a one controlled by the losing player.)

Defeated troops may not participate in another combat for that turn, should the province they are in be attacked, and whatever force defending it defeated, any troops that existed in that province who had already fled that turn would be destroyed.

If an army has nowhere to retreat to, either through neutral players disallowing them to enter their lands or some such, then the defeated army is destroyed outright.

Ship combat is decided differently, for every ship the victorious player has more than the defeated player, the defeated player loses a ship.

What do Castles and Strongholds do?

Castles double the strength of any defending troops in them. Strongholds quadruple it.

How far can an Army march in one turn?
    An army can only march into a single adjacent province per turn.

What do players start off with in terms of units and provincial improvements?

Each player will start off with 2 infantry and 1 group of knights, as well as a castle and Farms.

How do you improve the health of your citizens?
    Having lower taxes and improving your farms.

You can improve farms? and Other buildings?
    Yes, you can. it requires sending away for a Maester from Old Town who is capable of improving in the areas you want to improve in (The more links in the chain you want, the more the Maester will cost, and depending on the links you want, the longer he will take to get to you.)
    A useful link on Maesters! http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Maesters

Provincial Improvement Costs

Castle
    cost: 5 Crowns
    upkeep cost per turn: 2.5
    ability: doubles strength of defending units in a province. Allows you to muster up to 1 unit every turn.

Stronghold
    time: 3 turns
    upkeep cost per turn: 5
    ability: quadruples strength of defensive units in a province. Allows you to muster up to 2 units every turn.

Roads
    Cost: 6 crowns
    upkeep cost per turn: 0.5
    ability: Allows you to move troops from or through it without using up a units movement. (if attacking from a province with roads, movement is not used up. If attacking a province with roads, movement is not used up. Also allows you to request payment for use of your roads from other players. Roads can be built in any province.)

Farms (Note, every province starts with Scattered Farms, upgrading from there requires Crowns and time. spending 2 crowns and waiting 1 turn each time you wish to upgrade. Farms can be upgraded a total of 3 times, and all three upgrades can, if you wish, be purchased at once. Farms can be built in any province.)
    Cost: 0/2/4/6
    time: 0/1/2/3
    Production:
    Scattered Farms = 5 food, 1 income
    Small Farms = 10 food, 2 income
    Large Farms = 15 food, 3 income
    Communal Farms = 20 food, 4 income.

Lumbercamp (After a lumbercamp is built, it can be upgraded to a lumbermill for an additional cost of 3 crowns and waiting another turn, this will increase both the Lumber and Income produced by 2, to a total of 4 lumber and 4 income. Lumbercamps can only be built in provinces with forests)
    production: 2 Lumber, 2 income.

Mines (mines can only be built in provinces with mountains.)
    Time: 2 turns
    production: 6 metal, 8 income.

Markets (Can be built in any province)
    enables: Trade with other provinces.

Ports (can only be built in provinces on the coast.)
    Cost: 8 crowns
    enables: building of ships (for use for warfare and trade)

Stronghold Buildings

Granaries (can only be built in provinces with a Stronghold)
    cost: 6 crowns
    upkeep: 0.5 crowns
    enables: saving food from one turn to the next incase of poor harvests, sieges or droughts.

Armoury (can only be built in provinces with a Stronghold)
    cost: 8 crowns
    enables: if you are tied for strength in battle with an enemy, and you have an armoury and your opponent does not, your army is counted as 1 strength higher than the enemy's. Should you both have an Armoury, then normal rules for ties still apply.)

Maesters

Having a Maester, while costly, offers benefits such as discounts to troop upkeep/costs, building upkeep/costs, improved production from farms/mines/lumbercamps, counter spying, magical enchantments and the like.

Maesters can only be knowledgable in a number of things, however, and the more a Maester knows the more costly it is to seek his services/retain him.

(Maesters can be hired at a cost of 1 Crown per Link in their Maester's Chain. A Maester's Chain signifies what matter of knowledge he is an expert in and thus, what benefits he may/will give you. Maester's can have a maximum of 10 links in their chain, but such knowledgable individuals are rare and precious. Also, the knowledge of Magic, signified by a Valyrian Steel link in a Maester's Chain, is said to be held by only 1 in every hundred maesters, so it is not always available.)

Who's orders go first?

Just to nip this question in the bud, whoever has sent their House's Final Orders first gets their actions completed first.

'But what about Maester's who specialize in ravens?!' I hear you ask, FEAR NOT!

Raven Maester's allow you to get your orders sent first, unless someone who ALSO has Raven's goes before you, then you go after them.

HOW TO CALCULATE HAPPINESS OR HEALTH IN A PROVINCE

I thought I had explained it to you quite simply, but I must have left out some key details.

So here is the break down!

There are 5 tax levels which are thus
    Very low (-20 Happiness, -10 health, gives you 2 income)
    Low (-40 Happiness, -20 health, gives you 4 income)
    Moderate (-60 Happiness, -30 Health, gives you 6 income)
    High (-80 Happiness, -40 Health, gives you 8 income)
    Very High (-100 Happiness, -50 Health, gives you 10 income)

To keep your provinces fed, it costs a minimum of 1 food per province you control. (If you own 1, it costs 1, if you own 2 it costs 2 etc etc)

You can give your provinces additional food, and for each food spent this way the happiness in a province goes up by 10 and health goes up by 5 (so if you gave a province an additional 3 food it would increase happiness by 30 and health by 15.)

NOW! onto how Trade works. Your provinces don't give you any additional bonuses for trade in between themselves, as they would essentially just be moving about goods you already own. A province with a Market may trade with any adjacent provinces that are NOT owned by you, and receive 1 income for each province it does so with. Should a province you are trading with have a mine or lumbermill then you get +1 lumber/metal for each province that has those improvements (So if your trading with 3 adjacent provinces that your House doesn't control then you would get 3 income from trade +1 metal/lumberfor each mine or lumbermill that exists in those provinces.

The GM's username is KnightErrant.

Have fun if you get things up and running, guys.
    Thank you so much, now all I have to do is contact the GM and modify the rules a bit to fit the format I want...

IrishBlood's Avatar GIVE THEM BLIZZARDS!

Im interested in playing, but i dont really understand how these things work

That said I call dibs on being Edmure Tully Lord Paramount of the Trident! (I know he doesnt become lord tully till his father dies, but seeing as his fathers bedridden like half way through GoT, i say meh!)

EDIT: or Stannis, i cant decide which
    Last edited by IrishBlood; March 04, 2012 at 11:58 AM.