Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: (Proposal) Westeros RPG

Bjorn's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: (Proposal) Westeros RPG

- Granting Of Titles
    Anyone who holds two or more counties can grant a title (land) to another player in return for fealty (vassalage) promoting them to an appropriate rank. Note that you may only promote someone to a rank below your own. Kings usually didn’t promote below Lord and instead would suggest a Lord to promote a worthy person to the ranks of Knight/Baron/Earl so therefore generally land is given to Dukes and filtered down through the vassals.

And there is still the necessity to convert some information to GD & SS. Like here

- Men-at-Arms
    Most ranks have a basic number of men that follow them. Freedmen always have 5 people that can fight for them, Knights always have 50 men. However, for Nobles it is a little different. Each noble always has 50 men from each county, similar to a knight. So if a noble owns three counties, then they have 150 men. These men are permanent, and require no upkeep. However, if a noble so wishes, he may increase the number of men at his command. Each 100 men cost 1000 Crowns to recruit, and then cost 100 Crowns per year to maintain. Once you have spent the money on the troops it is required that you wait a period of two weeks for the training of said troops. You will not be able to use them, but you still have to maintain them. This is to ensure that rich nobles do not bulk buy cheap troops for instant attacks - for that, they would have to pay a heftier price for mercenaries. Note, that the king may require you to maintain a certain number of men. In times of war, a noble will be able to levy their troops for no extra bulk pay, but will need to spend 1 Crown per man to maintain them (and that includes the year one levies them).

- Mercenaries
    Whilst on campaign anyone can hire Mercenaries to supplement their armies. A simple system of 4000 Crowns per 100 Mercenaries is used, which lasts until either a) They are disbanded or b) The Mercenaries are defeated in battle. Every 1000 Mercenaries that are recruited will generate an (NPC) Mercenary Captain, who gives a bonus of +1 to the battle section he is placed in. There is no cap on the amount of mercenaries that can be hired. In addition to this, every 100 Mercenaries required 400 Crowns per year upkeep.

I also think that the amount of vessels that a given land can take should depend on their record. Like, the Shield Islands are not a big territory, but they are stated to have a formidable navy. That should be reflected in game.

- Navy
    The navy at this time is made up of very few professional vessels and will require the players to put forward money in order to support a larger navy comprised of requisitioned merchant vessels. To represent this, the navy is comprised of a standing force of 30 vessels. Additional ones may be purchased at the cost of 100 Dragons and are limited to two vessels per territory a player owns (Note: This is a one-off payment). Example: A player with two territories may support up to four vessels (two from each territory) and will pay 2 Dragons for each one in service.

Bonez's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn View Post
    I also think that the amount of vessels that a given land can take should depend on their record. Like, the Shield Islands are not a big territory, but they are stated to have a formidable navy. That should be reflected in game.

- Navy
    The navy at this time is made up of very few professional vessels and will require the players to put forward money in order to support a larger navy comprised of requisitioned merchant vessels. To represent this, the navy is comprised of a standing force of 30 vessels. Additional ones may be purchased at the cost of 100 Dragons and are limited to two vessels per territory a player owns (Note: This is a one-off payment). Example: A player with two territories may support up to four vessels (two from each territory) and will pay 2 Dragons for each one in service.
    Things like that will be taken care of once RP starts and amended then, for now I am hoping to get a decent base down to start the RP. Once we are started the rules will be polished and minor things shall be added as they come up.

It is good that you are looking and seeing things like this, right now though I honestly am not in the best of moods as I've been up since 7am and its 11:30 PM my time and I really need some sleep...

Quote Originally Posted by bonez899 View Post
    Things like that will be taken care of once RP starts and amended then, for now I am hoping to get a decent base down to start the RP. Once we are started the rules will be polished and minor things shall be added as they come up.

It is good that you are looking and seeing things like this, right now though I honestly am not in the best of moods as I've been up since 7am and its 11:30 PM my time and I really need some sleep...
    no prob mate This will still be here when you come back Take a rest, you deserve it. I'll keep looking on things here and say what I think. When you are recharged you can look it up

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

I like this. What is the decision on whether to create our own houses? I don't want to read ALL this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
    I like this. What is the decision on whether to create our own houses? I don't want to read ALL this thread.
    You can make your own house and state a claim for one of the lands. Basicly, all the 7 main houses are taken, so you 'd have to be a vassal of one of them I am Lord of Storm's End, so I rule the Stormlands. If you'd like, I could have you as my vassal. You can pick any of these lands to be your own:

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Category: Places_in_the_Stormlands

PS: Put the ":" and the "Places" together when putting this on as a link. I didnt put it streightfoward because when you put together ":" and "P" in the forum it becomes ""

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

Mistwood. Flipped a coin between that and Evenfall Hall.

Assuming there's a wood there, if not then definitely Evenfall.

Quote Originally Posted by bonez899 View Post
    If you make it a rather minor house, or one of lesser importance you can easily kill it off later.
    Eh. It's easy to say that now, but who knows what kind of rp the minor house gets once this begins. Would rather start off in Essos as a Targaryen and try to build an army or new kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
    Mistwood. Flipped a coin between that and Evenfall Hall.

Assuming there's a wood there, if not then definitely Evenfall.
    Mistwood it is then lol What will be your House name? Everyone is in a fever of making family trees that are going back tens of generations (ok, maybe not tens, but a lot xD) Mine is 16 generations long going back to the founder of House Baratheon, Orys Baratheon, brother of Aegon the Conquorer.

If you want, you can marry one of your daughters with one of my brothers and I can help you make a Family Tree (im making for everyone), all you have to do is give me the data

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Glad to see you join the train, Aggy Its gonna be awesome with you, me and Bjorn in Stormlands
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Malfoy View Post
    Glad to see you join the train, Aggy Its gonna be awesome with you, me and Bjorn in Stormlands
    Stormlands FTW We'll be the best kingdom among the 7

My family tree as of now

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

awww...I dont want to be super rich on my own

Clagius's Avatar Campidoctor

I am interested, is there any place to take or so?

none of the major houses... you can be a bannerman or anything else though.
    Last edited by Gandalfus; April 15, 2012 at 02:53 AM.

I can't join any major houses?

Hmmm... I suppose. what do you mean by "joining" them?

Being part of it, by your comment it looks like I'd have to be some sort of a Mercenary or stuff..

Well i suppose you could be a minor house and marry into a noble family... but youd have to ask bonez if you want to be an actual family member of one of the major houses.