Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: (Proposal) Westeros RPG

Bjorn's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: (Proposal) Westeros RPG

How do we get an rp aproved? Can we start already?

Bonez's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I need to work on the rules... And post them up, basically I got permission, AFAIK, from GSTK to use their rules with a few modifications to start so I just need to make the modifications.
    Also, Severous needs to approve.

Quote Originally Posted by bonez899 View Post
    I need to work on the rules... And post them up, basically I got permission, AFAIK, from GSTK to use their rules with a few modifications to start so I just need to make the modifications.
    Also, Severous needs to approve.
    Ok then. Hope this doesnt die out like the other games, because this one seems like it's going to be VERY good! Dont let it die mate

I'm working on it, the only major problem is that I am trying to do this on my own to my standards (which tend to be rather different and somewhat high) while being a cronic procrasinator... So I'm doing my best and the more I see people posting (or atleast a friendly reminder) will help me to remember to get it off the ground faster.

Then I shall friendly remind you here and there ^^ I really believe this game has a future and we shouild work on taking it off the ground \o If you need any help, just ask

Have you read the books? If so I would be more than willing to send you over an office word file I made of the professions and rules from GSTK for you to look over and change into more Westeros like prefessions, mainly focusing around those concerning war to start off.

Have you read the books? If so I would be more than willing to send you over an office word file I made of the professions and rules from GSTK for you to look over and change into more Westeros like prefessions, mainly focusing around those concerning war to start off.
    I read the 1st Book Pass them to me and I'll look it up ^^

Darkan's Avatar Senator

I read them all, maybe I could help as well!

Edit:
    About Ruler and Lord, the simplest examples that comes to mind now is the island of Skagos. I wrote the titles with the map from a Westeros mod for Crusader Kings 1 in mind, where the island of Skagos had three provinces. The ruler of each province had the title of Ruler of (province name) and 1 of them was the Lord of Skagos, with the other 2 being his vassals. The Lord of Skagos was a vassal of House Stark of Winterfell (in my games, at least).

Cheers!
    Last edited by Darkan; March 26, 2012 at 05:35 PM. Reason: adding stuff
    [DLV 6.2 AAR] - The Danish House of Hen - updated 20/08/18 - on hold
    [King of Dragon Pass AAR] - The Drakkar Saga - updated 14/04/18 - on hold
    Participate in the TotW!!! PARTICIPATE!!!
    DuckDuckGo

If you are still accepting characters is there room for someone to play:
    House Redwyne (The Arbor)
    OR
    House Dayne (Starfall)

Darkan's Avatar Senator

A Game of Thrones RPG

King's Landing (capital of Westeros, throne of the King)
    - The Royal Palace (RP's with the King)
    - The market place (purchases)
    - Small Council (decisions deciding war and other decisions with multiple people)
    Master of Coins Office (player accounts)
    Lands of the Seven (all home threads)
    The Game of Thrones (where all the RPG adventurey goodness takes place)
    A Feast for Crows (where all battles take place)
    Beyond the Land of Westeros(where any interactions in places such as the free cities takes place)
    I would also add Beyond the Wall (interactions north of the wall)
    and maybe The Night´s Watch (homethreads for the Night´s Watch Castles)
    The Spiders Lair (moderator only thread)
    What do you think?
    Edit: I thought that maybe the homethread for The Night's Watch could be within the Lands of the Seven thread.
    Last edited by Darkan; March 27, 2012 at 04:21 PM.
    [DLV 6.2 AAR] - The Danish House of Hen - updated 20/08/18 - on hold
    [King of Dragon Pass AAR] - The Drakkar Saga - updated 14/04/18 - on hold
    Participate in the TotW!!! PARTICIPATE!!!
    DuckDuckGo

Got Some Bad news. I will be Leaving .In fact I am going to be leaving Total war forums All together. Life is more important then being on here. And with guild wars 2 coming out and the Beta testing that will be allowed if you Pre order in april. I just do not have the time to be on TWc. So it has been Fun and I enjoyed myself. I do not know what to do with who to replace me. I am sure you can figure it out
    Manius Domitius Labeo- Tribune of the Plebs
    Marcelo Ferrington -Archbishop of England (( GSTK
    House Reyne - Lords of Catamere (( GOT ))

I like the idea I think this RPG will do really well, maybe even surpass GSTK (which I was a founding member of).

On that note, I got some ideas for this RPG!

I think people should be able to make their own "family names" for this RPG. However, to save confusion, I think it's appropriate to have the 8 major familes (Arryn/Baratheon/Greyjoy/Lannister/Martell/Stark/Tully &Tyrell) should keep their surnames for sake of honoring the GoT theme, as well as to provide less confusion amongst players. Now for the lesser houses (ex. Umbers/Daynes/Rowan, etc), can be subject to family name change at the players discretion. I have compiled an extensive list at work of MOST the houses in Westeros, easily well over 100 houses, meaning plenty of room for a large amount of players (should this game become popular).

I do believe it's essential for the 8 major houses (and Targaryen, should they ever be introduced in this game), to keep their namesakes. I'd even go as far as to have the players who recieve lordship over these houses to keep major names alive in their houses (such as Doran Martell, Jaime Lannister, Bran Stark, etc).

My justification behind this is because we're obviously going to have a dozen players want to be House Stark. When obviously once the game is underway there will only be one player designated House Stark. One way to kind of wayn contenders is to set specific rules for major houses, such as to keep their namesakes, and honor the major characters of their houses. This doesn't mean you cant be creative and add your own character creation to the house, but honoring the members and their current statuses as well.

I agree the game should start at the beginning of the First book (before half the characters end up dying and everything goes to ).

Just my two cents. I hope to become heavily involved in this game.

Take care!

(PS. It's vital this game has a large pool of players. Maybe compiling a list of interested individuals would help)

I agree with having the Great Houses keep their surname, but I believe first names should be only "suggested" (like, someone making a list of known Stark names and known Baratheon names and so on) but not enforced. So basicly, I agree with the proposed when it comes to naming.

I believe the Great Houses should be considered "special", in a sense that they are far more important then the lower houses (they should have some rule privilages and such, and also we should make a thread with the names of all Lords of the North, of the Vale and etc)

We should also not stick ourselves too much with the Canon of the world. In a sense that our characters dont NEED to be like the characters in Game of Thrones tended to be (in case of houses). A Stark doesnt need to be cold and dutiful nor a Baratheon war like and daring. They can be as they please and they can even change the marking characteristics of the House (as they play and as time goes on), making people identify them with certain character traces as they play their characters.

Defining who's the Boss

IMNSHO, I believe that we should also (further diverting from Canon) roll to see who will be King, instead of making it officially House Baratheon. We would roll on every player that is leader of a great house. The one who wins the roll will be King of the Iron Throne.

Intrigue

Another proposal I have is that we enfasise INTRIGUE over all things in this game. Basicly, a lord that simply rebels against the King without any strong reason and tries to take the Iron Throne should have IMENSE dificulty in doing so. The guy needs to have one of two things:

1)Legitimacy (as in case of Robert, who was related to the Targaryans)
    or
    2) A very strong political union with the other houses and a great capacity to convince everyone that he should be king.

This second one should be VERY hard and the Great Houses should be encouraged to take any illigitimate pretension to the Throne with suspician and counter-plots.

The conquoring of the Crown should NOT be the complete focus of the game, but it should be a great goal, of those that take a strong determination, a lot of long term planning and luck.

If the King becomes inactive or disappears

If the King becomes inactive or disappears, we'd assume that he died of some accident (or "accident", depending if the mods have a plot in mind) and his sons have renounced the throne because of some rp reason you guys can cook up OR died (if the later is more logical to the rp situation) and the throne would pass to the NEXT in line.

In GSTK if a King becomes inactive it is not uncommon that a revolt happens and everyone fights for the throne. I believe that is not in the spirit of Westeros, where great wars seem less important then the undercover plots and politics, and wouldn't work well

That's my thoughts at least.
    Last edited by Bjorn; March 30, 2012 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn View Post
    In GSTK if a King becomes inactive it is not uncommon that a revolt happens and everyone fights for the throne. I believe that is not in the spirit of Westeros, where great wars seem less important then the undercover plots and politics, and wouldn't work well

That's my thoughts at least.
    Umm, take a moment and read the descriptions for the second and third books, basically half the events are revolts and fighting for the throne...

Umm, take a moment and read the descriptions for the second and third books, basically half the events are revolts and fighting for the throne...
    Didnt see that yet

I noticed that the guys in the first book are fighting for thrones that they actually have some sort of claim to. (Thes Starks in the North trying to re-create the Kingdom of the North, Renly in Highgarden wanting the Iron Throne) I haven't seen anyone yet fight without some sort of claim. The whole fight against Jeoffrey is strongly related to his claim being disputed. (yes, he killed Ned, but the only reason Ned went against him in the first place is because he found out the lad wasnt really Robert's son)

But again, that's only what I saw in the first book. Can you tell me some example in the second book that changes this scenario?

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn View Post
    Didnt see that yet

I noticed that the guys in the first book are fighting for thrones that they actually have some sort of claim to. (Thes Starks in the North trying to re-create the Kingdom of the North, Renly in Highgarden wanting the Iron Throne) I haven't seen anyone yet fight without some sort of claim. The whole fight against Jeoffrey is strongly related to his claim being disputed. (yes, he killed Ned, but the only reason Ned went against him in the first place is because he found out the lad wasnt really Robert's son)

But again, that's only what I saw in the first book. Can you tell me some example in the second book that changes this scenario?
    Umm, the Pykes from their island went for no reason against them all, and Stannis had a claim but really didn't need to go, but he did.

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

oops wrong thread, I think
    Last edited by Barry Goldwater; March 31, 2012 at 04:45 PM.

This looks awesome
    Who is the lord of casterly rock?
    Last edited by Gandalfus; March 31, 2012 at 04:54 PM.

Umm, the Pykes from their island went for no reason against them all, and Stannis had a claim but really didn't need to go, but he did.
    Ironborn are like Vikings They don't need claims

And Stannis has a claim, so he has an excuse to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Gandalf View Post
    This looks awesome
    Who is the lord of casterly rock?
    As of now it is vacant

Great... I might stake a claim, but I am a bit inexperienced.... But if none want it I will take it