Thread: Need help with my new campaign.

Default Need help with my new campaign.

I'm playing kingdoms britania and im have been playing with scotland for the 2 campaigns that have been crushed by the English or Ireland. now im going to make a new Scotland campaign. can someone tell how to deal with ireland and england cuz if i leave ether of them alone for a long time they come with like 8 full stacks of armies and crush me. so how can i beat this? and what is the first thing i should do when i start again?. also i always have to fight Norway first so what is the quickest ways to crush them? if i be really good with Norway, will they not attack me? i mean if my relation were amazing with them so i don't have to deal with them.

thx!

Default Re: Need help with my new campaign.

I've only played the Teutonic campaign with the TO on Kingdoms, but i'll try some generic tips: the Scots have good pikemen so your armies should be ideal for defending the narrows strees in a siege. So i say first adopt a defensive position on one front - let's say against the English - and make some basic piekemen to garrison the border castles and towns + have a half stack of the best available pikes to reinforce where really needed. With the permanent forts thingie you can also defend choakpoints on the map more easily.

On the other front - Ireland - adopt an offensive strategy and push until you own the island. AFAIK you can train other factions units, depending on the settlement culture in the Brittania campaign, so use some of the more offensive available units of the other factions - Ireland or Norway, in combination with your own pikes and you have yourself a real nice combo.

Can't really help you about the diplomacy thing. In the TO campaign it's hard coded that everyone declares on you once you reach a certain amount of provinces so maybe it's simmilar in Britannia to?

Silverheart's Avatar Domesticus

Norway and Scotland will always be at each others throats in the Brittannia campaign - their starting positions will coerce either to attack the other.
    Your best bet there is to attack the Norwegians quickly, and kick them off the main island. Then you build a small fleet and sail out to conquer their islands (I suggest from Castle town and onward from there) Beware of their reinforcements - king Haakon himself comes with an invasion force at aroun turn 11-12.
    Once the Norwegians are gone, you should have Scotland and the entire northern archipelago, and more than enough regions to either train armies or aid in the funding for armies - and from there on out, you should have your back clear and be able to focus your efforts on establishing a strong frontier against England in the south while attacking Ireland in the west (I suggest using William Wallaces´ army to both deal with the Norwegian kings´ invasion force and leading the invasion of Ireland)
    Once Ireland has fallen, you should be free to take all the rest of Brittannia.
    Make sure to ally yourself with Wales and the Barons´ Alliance too for extra help against England.
    Heart of silver, Mind of gold
    Fist of iron and Tongue to scold

Proud to be a Viking!

Teutonic Warlord's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Silverheart View Post
    Norway and Scotland will always be at each others throats in the Brittannia campaign - their starting positions will coerce either to attack the other.
    Your best bet there is to attack the Norwegians quickly, and kick them off the main island. Then you build a small fleet and sail out to conquer their islands (I suggest from Castle town and onward from there) Beware of their reinforcements - king Haakon himself comes with an invasion force at aroun turn 11-12.
    Once the Norwegians are gone, you should have Scotland and the entire northern archipelago, and more than enough regions to either train armies or aid in the funding for armies - and from there on out, you should have your back clear and be able to focus your efforts on establishing a strong frontier against England in the south while attacking Ireland in the west (I suggest using William Wallaces´ army to both deal with the Norwegian kings´ invasion force and leading the invasion of Ireland)
    Once Ireland has fallen, you should be free to take all the rest of Brittannia.
    Make sure to ally yourself with Wales and the Barons´ Alliance too for extra help against England.
    Personally, I prefer to take what rebel settlements I can while developing my economy and smaller settlements as Scotland to begin with. Also, ally with Ireland and Wales. When the Norwegian reinforcements come, defend Inverness with the general, 3 units of highland pikemen, 2-3 units of highlanders, and 2 units of highland archers. Pikes form a semi-circle to defend the gate, archers go on opposite walls and shoot at the enemy general, and highlanders aid the archers defend the walls and then hold the gate with the pikes. The general catches prisoners or kills catapults. ALWAYS replensih those units after the siege, and you will have some very experienced troops that can defend even better. If you can upgrade to better replenishable units, do so. Just bleed out their reinforcements, and William Wallace can come in and counterattack. After that, send him south to deal with England if they are a problem. If you have no immediate threat, upgrade his forces and send him to conquer Ireland or England.

thanks guys. my other problem is if i leave ireland alone for a long time they come to me and crush me by haveing like 8 stack full armies.
    should i get my relations up with them so they dont attack me ever?

Willowran's Avatar Domesticus

hell, i'd migrate there (ireland island) early game with everything you can. If you can take ireland then it becomes a hell of a lot harder for anyone to come at you with stacks, and you can sit there as long as you want until you're ready to take out anyone else. conquer the islands for sea trade. worked wonders for me when i played as norway, it should just as well work for the scottish too... the norse wil lbe too busy taking out your mainland settlements to give chase.

don't bother trying to be diplomatic to save yourself. the ai diplomacy sucks, and the irish would show up out of the blue some day -same thing would happen.
    Last edited by Willowran; February 27, 2012 at 06:34 PM.

Silverheart's Avatar Domesticus

Diplomacy is nigh worthless in the Brittannia campaign, because there are so few factions on such a small space - even in the main campaign alliances can be broken on whim, but the Brittannia campaign is designed for high-paced gameplay and wars can start and go to holy heck at any turn.
    So don´t bother too much on diplomacy in this campaign - it´s specifically designed for consolidating fast and spreading aggressively. Or consolidating fast and camping until every other faction is as strong as possible, and then attack them for the challenge.

I think Willowrans´ suggestion might be a good one if you have continous trouble - it will make your campaign less troubling and more fun and challenging.
    Heart of silver, Mind of gold
    Fist of iron and Tongue to scold

Proud to be a Viking!

Double A's Avatar person man

The only factions you will ever have good relations with are the BA and Wales. Everyone else gets a claymore (and for some reason is named Jimmy).
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)