Thread: National Revolutions 1821 - 1848 for DarthMod Napoleon

Default National Revolutions 1821 - 1848 for DarthMod Napoleon

National Revolutions 1821 -1848 for DarthMod Napoleon

National Revolutions 1821 - 1848 is a mod made for Napoleon Total War by Sotericus and it is intended to focus on revolutions and small-scale conflicts of the time, with a specific penchant on south and south-eastern European history. The idea underlying this project aims to bring to the fore local histories and less-known events and reconstruct as accurately as possible the post-Napoleonic world, while leaving room for an alternative history approach. The project is intended to cover three major campaigns. The first one is dedicated to revolutions of 1821 (Greece, Wallachia and Naples). The second campaign aims to reenact revolutions of 1830 (France, Belgium, Poland), while the last is devised to cover the ‘Spring of Nations’ (Hungary, Germany, Wallachia and Bohemia).

The focus of the campaign is not to create an Empire, but to liberate other nations from their opressors. As such, the main force of the player’s army will be created only in their starting regions and in regions which are culturally close.

More infos: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...75#post8324175

This is a compatible edition for DarthMod Napoleon. In order to play it you need to have:

1. DarthMod for Napoleon

2. National Revolutions 1821 - 1848

(download here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=524969, 2nd mirror: http://www.filefactory.com/file/c3e1...lrev_setup.zip)

After you have downloaded and installed the 2 mods, you are ready to to install National Revolutions 1821 - 1848 for DMN which you can find here:

Download Link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?nn4jrcrci8fma37

Download NatRev_DMN.7z, decompress it and run the included installer following the on screen instructions. Make sure that you will install the sub-mod in the right place which is the main game's directory (...\napoleon total war\). Run mod with the sub mods desktop shortcut or the exe in ...\napoleon total war\data\DMN\Submod\National_Reveolutions

Sub mod uses its own interface. The fans of DMN will find it very familiar since it is a cut version of the the one I've made for DMN. The cut content was useless. The main difference here is the CAMPAIGN page. The sub mod offers the European campaign in SP and MP mode and 40 units per army saves. In European campaigns for the moment you can play as Moldavia, Wallachia, Greece and Naples with lot of new content (units, missions, historical additions, etc.). For compatibility reasons the Ottomans unit pack of DMN is disabled. National Revolutions contain its own ottoman unit pack.

For those that are not familiar with DMN, can find detailed instructions about launcher here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=517661 As mentioned not all futures of DMN launcher are present in sub mod's launcher. The routine is simple: chose your options, a campaign and Play! All your choices remain in memory untill you change them again.To switch between SP and MP you have first to enable it in menu, Settings. When the sub mod closes it removes all the files and your game installation remains as DarthMod ready. After all it is a DarthMod sub-mod!

In case of problems use always the basic procedure: menu Utilities, Restore Vanilla. Start launcher, menu Settings, Enable SP Default (or MP default). DarthMod Napoleon, National Revolutions and National Revolutions for DMN use their own launcher!

The credits for DartMod Team are more than obvious and you can find their names in the main forum. Let me underline here the work of Sotericus and his team in making National Revolutions 1821 - 1848 which already works for the next update with even more content! So rep the men! + !

National Revolutions 1821 - 1848 team:

Sotericus, team leader, coder and researcher.
    HusserlTW, supervising and guidance, scripting and animation work.
    Mircea, research leader.
    Wallachian, researcher.

Last edited by husserlTW; February 27, 2012 at 03:13 PM.

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

Default Re: National Revolutions 1821 - 1848 for DarthMod Napoleon

Good to see this done. All my appreciation to you and Darth. I hope to play it this we.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for this amazing mod guys...its something different and very interesting...Im going to try this A.S.A.P...
    Congrats. Sotericus, husserITW and team...+rep...

edit: its for 2.25 version of DMN right???
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; February 28, 2012 at 05:11 PM.

It is for any DMN version.

Husserl my gratitudes for this new project

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    It is for any DMN version.
    Ok..thanks mate...

almg's Avatar Foederatus

Icon6 National Revolutions 1821 - 1848 for DarthMod Napoleon

Good evening everybody!

Thanks Husserl for this very interesting subject!

Alban

Civis

Hi,husserlTW

Is it compatible with DMN 2.6+? I read on the main page of the mod that it is not. Please tell me that i'm mistaken!!!

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

@Alexzav
    I read on the main page of the mod that it is not
    I was talking about version 2.0., which is not yet released.

Otherwise just follow the steps in the original post of this thread. Remember that you will need all 3 components - Darth Mod, National Revolutions 1.0 and National Revolutions for DMN, which "links" them.

sven18's Avatar Civis

Hey,I can't install it

How to play belgian revolutionaries in custom battle?

Is there any way to play the normal darthmod campaign but keep the Units that National Revolutions 1821 -1848 installs ( i ask for Greece mainly) ??? Because the normal units are very boring!

Christianus's Avatar Miles

Hi HusserlTW! Do you have any plans to update National Revolutions for Darthmod?
    Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε
    κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.
    - Σιμωνίδης ὁ Κεῖος

is it comptible with the DarthMod Napoleon Epic Edition 2.62? because when I start the game, it loads the darth mod 2.62, not the national revolutions mod.

ok, I fixed it!

why cant I choose prussia?

Quote Originally Posted by philosophos View Post
    ok, I fixed it!
    How? I also have problems with DarthMod Napoleon Epic Edition 2.62.

The download link for NRM "vanilla" (1.0) is broken and when I install Darthmod and National Revolutions DM only I have a CTD when I start a battle or when I select a campaign.
    How can I fix it or dowload 1.0 ?

The links dont work anymore
    Can you renew them
    ?