Thread: Great Catalan Company

Default Great Catalan Company

Hello! I am really impressed with this mod.
    And I have two questions:

The Crusader States of Achean Principality, Athens Duchy and Neopatria Duchy appear in the mod as minor rebel factions?
    And you can include the Great Catalan Company as a event in the campaing or as a minor rebel faction in Athens?

I say this because in 1310 Roger Deslaur then offered its service to Walter V of Brienne Duke of Athens and within a year it freed the duchy of its enemies, only to be betrayed by Brienne who refused to pay for is services. The Company avenged itself, defeating and killing Brienne in the Batt of Halmyros on the March 15, 1311, taking control of the duchy of Athens. Around this time, the Company also conquered the city of Thebes.

Death of Walter V of Brienne in Halmyros Battle

And there some Almogavar pictures:

Almogavars and thir most famous leader Roger de Flor

Battle of Halmyros

Other two plates of Halmyros Battle of the historic comic

http://wraithdt.deviantart.com/art/B...yros-278813212
    Other plate of Halyros Battle of the Medieval Warfare Magazine

Skirmish, archer and crosbowman almogavars

Other Crosbowman Almogavar

More troops of The Great Catalan Company
    Last edited by Rampante-Cid; February 27, 2012 at 06:10 AM.

Default Re: Great Catalan Company

The company was amazing and I support their presence in the mod. I think the company was also the most fearsome enemy than Byzantines and other Crusaders for the Aegean Turks. They were really a tough company.

But I remember, they were both active mercenaries but also they had political powers and abilities; so I am thinking, how to implement them into the mod... As mercenaries for both Bulgarian and Roman (Byzantine), they can be in the game; or with giving a base of operations for them, besides an alliance with Byzantine?

What is suitable for your thinking?

What language is that?

Asked me for my horrible English or the comic?
    If the comic is catalan.

And the book too, right? I thought it might be something like that, since it wasn't Spanish, or Portuguese or Italian.

the last book is a great source, + rep

though the french knights are strangely colored, a bit futurist...anyway

Great information thanks..

I didn't think about Catalans' script yet but it seems it will be interesting. They will be one of our minor Rebel factions.

-------------Leader of the AP mod-----------------

Rampante-Cid,

My friend, believe me, we would like to add more details from general names, to characters, events, battles, intrigues and much more.

But they are already so much details in game, especially our most arty side is the events!

so much intrigues will be waiting for you in Anatolia, Middle east and Balkans!

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

Maybe you can consider the Idea to add the Catalan units as mercenaries for the christian factions (both orthodox and Catholic)
    just maybe crossbowmen, infantry, jinetes (light horsemen) and heavly cavalary.

than a faction (like the mongol in vanilla medieval 2), that arrives by sea (alliance with the romans at the beginning).